[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the stock market crash of 1929 Tell me as much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: stock-market-crash-1929.jpg (157KB, 1296x1070px) Image search: [Google]
stock-market-crash-1929.jpg
157KB, 1296x1070px
Tell me about the stock market crash of 1929

Tell me as much as you

Write a goddamn essay if you want to

Don't though I don't want to read that much

Maybe a couple of paragraphs would be fine
>>
>>2738434
>Maybe a couple of paragraphs would be fine
How about several parentheses?

((()))
>>
For perspective
>>
panic of 1907, some random businessman cons a big bank into investing into a scheme which fails, rich guy JP Morgan buys them up thus preventing a run on the banks but people don't like the fact the economy depends on a rich guy and would prefer a government central bank do it

1913-1918, due to this and world war 1, the US sets up a kind of central bank, the federal reserve, its purpose is to lend to failed banks in the event of a crisis like 1907 or to generally deal with financing in the event of a world war

1918-1929, roaring 20s, mass produced automobiles, spread of electricity, radio and such boosts economy, with the federal reserve reducing the risk of a run on the banks, banks lend to the middle class like crazy who pour cash into the stock market

1929, the bubble bursts, the federal reserve decides not to lend to failed banks, the stock market drops even further

1930+, the government implements tariffs and other countries do the same causing the economy to grind to a halt

1934+ after hitting absolute rock bottom the economy starts to grow again, rather like 1907 when JP Morgan bought up the failed banks, savvy well timed investors and businesses buy up all the cheap abandoned factories and such, by pure coincidence a certain Franklin Roosevelt starts some schemes intended to get the economy going again but they are inconsequential

that's roughly it, I am sure you can find any specific details based on this
>>
>>2738525
thank you!
>>
More Americans owned slaves in 1860 than owned even a single share of stock in 1929
>>
>>2738567
Who cares, fuck blacks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.