[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who is /ourguy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 2 memes.jpg (51KB, 509x340px) Image search: [Google]
2 memes.jpg
51KB, 509x340px
So who is /ourguy/?
>>
>>2738030
Nicky
>>
>>2738063
>having photogenic family excuses his complete incompetence as a leader and the killing of civilians
You're a faggot
>>
>>2738099
>le "I can't hold a proper conversation so I'll call you a faggot XD" meme

Go away
>>
I fucking love rommel
>1940
>"please don't do irresponsible attacks of opportunity"
>does irresponsible attacks of opportunity
>france falls
>promotion
>sent to africa
>"do what you do best"
>irresponsible attacks of opportunity
>works out
>half his worthwhile troops are relegated to wherever
>irresponsible attacks of opportunity
>fails
>well, that's that then
>>
>>2738143
>only disputes the ad hominem
So you agree he was a shit leader and you still like him? Ya you're still a faggot
>>
They're both complete memes but I ike Patton more since he appeals to my inner ameriboo.
>>
File: 1490050947503.jpg (245KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490050947503.jpg
245KB, 1500x1500px
>>2738030
Neither. Both are meme generals.
Rommel only has such a good rep because he wasn't an ebul Nazi. Generals like Manstein were far better,
>>
>>2738030
SLIM

>get assigned to a third-rate front reeling from the fact your predecessors were fucking idiots
>fucking trash the shit out of the japs and blitzkrieg their asses with Lees
>>
>>2738030
Rokossovsky
>>
>>2738030
Fuck OP.
Guderian or Manstein /his/?
>>
>>2740046
Rokossovsky

but out of those probably Guderian since he stood up to Hitler while Manstein failed to save the 6th army and blamed others while telling freinds of how his dog had been trained to do that Nazi joke as an insult to Hitler. But never said shit to his face and refused to participate in any assassinations of Hitler
>>
File: Slim.jpg (53KB, 510x685px) Image search: [Google]
Slim.jpg
53KB, 510x685px
>>2738937
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>2740046
Kesselring
>>
>>2740070
Fair answer, what can you tell me about your leader?
>>
>>2740258
Was caught up in the great purge and brutally tortured for years, never broke or confessed, eventually released in 1940 due to lack of experienced officers. Rose from being a prisoner accused of treason to Marshal of the Soviet Union.

Dring the planning in 1944 of Operation Bagration, Rokossovsky disagreed with Stalin, who demanded in accordance with Soviet war practice a single break-through of the German frontline. Rokossovsky held firm in his argument for two points of break-through. Stalin ordered Rokossovsky to "go and think it over" three times, but every time he returned and gave the same answer "two break-throughs, comrade Stalin, two break-throughs". After the third time Stalin remained silent, but walked over to Rokossovsky and put a hand on his shoulder. A tense moment followed as the whole room waited for Stalin to rip the epaulette from Rokossovsky's shoulder; instead, Stalin said "Your confidence speaks for your sound judgement", and ordered the attack to go forward according to Rokossovsky's plan.

Was the commander of the Central Front at Kursk. Commanded over 1 million men during bagration which annihilated army group center and actualized "deep battle"
>>
>>2740307
Imo better than any other Allied commander and certainly top 5 up there with Manstein, Guderian and other great Russian generals. All American highly ranked commanders like Patton and MacArthur are overrated memes, Omar Bradley was pretty good though. Slim was the best UK general. Should also mention Rokossovsky had 7 order of Lenin's (more then Zhukov)
>>
>>2740307
Highly interesting. Guess I should stop overlooking Russia.
>>2740344
Don't forget Montgomery as a meme general, perhaps as shit tier like Rommel.
>>
>>2740352
Montgomery's head became so large after his victories that it could have been put on mount Rushmore. Yeah most of the best generals were Russian or German because that's where something like 90% of the fighting or at least dying happened. Hard to give too much credit to generals like Patton who had fresh troops and were very well supplied fighting the demoralised dregs of the Nazi army. Nikolai Vatutin was another great Russian general. It's somewhat tragic in today's age that the average person thinks that Patton, MacArthur and Rommel were the best generals of the war.
>>
>>2740046
Guderian. The man was instrumental to Germany's military successes and he knew it.
>>
>>2740365
Are you American? I recall that in High School McArthur, Patton, and Rommel had their own lectures. They never spoke of the other generals, a shame indeed
>>
>>2740394
Australia but those are the only generals the public knows about.
>>
>let's have the panzers race towards the heart of the soviet union as fast as possible!
>but we can't supply that shit
>lol its cool they will be supplied from the air, it is extremely reliable and a tried and true tactic!
what a great general
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.