[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Glory of Greek Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 16

File: zeugma-large-couple-mosaic.jpg (680KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
zeugma-large-couple-mosaic.jpg
680KB, 1600x1200px
2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in Ancient Greek City Of Zeugma

http://www.sci-news.com/archaeology/science-mosaics-ancient-city-zeugma-02307.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_6CKyShSk
>>
>>2736754
>>2737581
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>2736166
Yep, they're white alright. An interesting kind of white, though, one that doesn't map quite onto any modern European population that I can think of. The area where the nose meets the eyes and forehead is peculiar, and the hair is curly. They make me think to some extent of Armenians. Which, given the site's location, makes sense I guess. They also look somewhat like what southern Europeans would look like if you applied a sort of race algebra and subtracted Arabic features. Which, again, makes sense. They certainly don't look Nordic.
>>
>>2737649
>race algebra and subtracted Arabic features
kek
they're Greeks retard
>>
File: Wild and Tame.jpg (248KB, 750x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Wild and Tame.jpg
248KB, 750x1090px
>>2737649
>>
I love these little boxes in the frame. It fits like a vaporwave cover.
>>
File: 1280px-Antep_erased2.jpg (366KB, 1280x833px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Antep_erased2.jpg
366KB, 1280x833px
>>2736754
>>2737581
>>2737649
Another mosaic clearly shows they wuz gypsies
>>
>>2737714
But really it mostly shows they were a multiracial society free of hate.
>>
>>2737735

The Reformation = Jewish Ethnic Nationalism.
>>
>>2736166
>Greek
>Hellenic
>>
>>2736754
U seein tings m8
>>
File: capture.jpg (17KB, 676x86px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
17KB, 676x86px
>>
>>2737649
>They certainly don't look Nordic.

lol. There is literally nothing in these paintings that you could use to differentiate them from being nordic. They look like they could easily be nordic people. Nordic people don't look like nazi propaganda posters, just ordinary white people like you see in this fresco. One thing for certain is those people don't look in the least bit greek.
>>
>>2737819
>They look like they could easily be nordic people
>One thing for certain is those people don't look in the least bit greek.

I also get blinded by delusion sometimes.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (136KB, 456x275px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
136KB, 456x275px
>>2736166
ΔELETE ΘIS!
>>
File: kluft.jpg (50KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
kluft.jpg
50KB, 594x395px
>>2737819
Nordic people look like this
>>
>>2737819
ah yes, those nords with their curly hair and small, bent noses
>>
Beautiful video.
Beautiful mosaics.
>>
File: 1464711365823.jpg (902KB, 1361x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1464711365823.jpg
902KB, 1361x1500px
>>2737809
>was thinking the same thing after recently coming across certain theorems in deference to the Greeks being of Sub Saharan origin.

>>
How is it possible for you people to be this obsessed over race?
>>
>>2738875
It's summer
>>
>>2738875
when you have no accomplishments of your own that you can be proud of, the only thing to do is use racial rhetoric to take credit for the accomplishments of your 14th cousin 20 times removed
>>
>>2738899
this, it's also the reason why racists tend to focus on collectivism instead of individualism
>>
Jesus, /his/ is having a race-off in a thread about those mosaics that have been discovered for a while now.

>>2737649
They are just stylicized features. Trying to tell what the actual people in the area looked like by that is silly. And the site of Zeugma is next door to modern Syria, the ancient populations of the area were more related to modern Near Easterners than Europeans.
>>
>>2737854
Those Roma look closer to the mosaics than any Nordic does too.
>>
>>2737854
When people talk about Egyptians, they point to the modern population.
When people talk about Greeks, they imply they have been replaced.
>>
>>2739147
Wtf it's not like there weren't 179187389137918379813798123 greek artworks before.
Just look at statues of philosophers.
>>
>>2739155
They look pretty white to me. Greeks were white. White people literally invented civilization and there's nothing that you can say to not it make true.
>>
>>2739147
That's exactly what they are. There has been plenty written on this, read it instead of shitposting on /his/ of all places.

Or maybe a site on the Euphrates showing dark-haired, dark-eyed people in its mosaics was inhabited by muh Nordics. Could always be that.

>>2739155
The statues of actual people is a good example in fact. Compare those to the idealized statues portraying god or the ideal young man/woman.
>>
File: a.png (638KB, 891x710px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
638KB, 891x710px
>>2739162
Nobody is disputing their whiteness. We're talking about meds or nordics.
It's obvious they were meds.
>>
>>2739162
What's the definition of civilization?

Also, why are you so obsessed with race? If today evidence came out that proved without a doubt that Greeks were so-dark-they're-purple African would it de-validate their accomplishments?
>>
>>2739170
I'm disputing their 'whiteness' too. Please tell me if the average person who thinks along those lines would consider modern Armenians or Levantines to be 'white'. Probably not.
>>
>>2739165
>>2739170
All civilization was founded by blond Nordics from hyperborea, sorry it pains you so sweety
>>
>>2739172
It's simple, now that ancient Egypt has been confirmed to have been Near Eastern, stormfags are rejecting it as useless. If the ancient Greeks are found to be more Near Eastern, they'll reject them too as useless. If they're found to be more "Nordic", they'll go "my ancestors :)".

That's how those ideologies work, they're identitarians, not interests in anything else.

>>2739178
As I said, read a bit instead of shitposting for reactions.
>>
>>2739162
Greeks back then looked like Greeks now. Cretans have been isolated and they look no different than other greeks. There is 0 evidence for turkish mixture, why won't you ppl stop spreading debunked memes to vulnerable ppl who actually want to learn REEEEEE
>>
File: kek.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>2739178
yeah right
>>
>>2739193
What are some good sources for Greek DNA studies?
>>
>>2739207
clearly literally blond nordics not from the mediterranean
>>
>>2739207
those two look like Arabs in my midwestern eyes
>>
>>2739207
LOL, even the people in that painting don't look like Nordics. Actually, even most real-life Germans don't like like the stereotypical "Nord". There is such a thing as a distinctive German look, but it isn't like Nazi Aryan iconography.
>>
File: socrates.jpg (214KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
214KB, 960x1280px
>>2739207
You're right. I can see it now. Look at these nordic features.
>>
>>2739219
there's no distinctive German look, do you realize how much of variety there is from Mecklenburg to Switzerland?
>>
>>2739230
>people can only be nords or arabs
>only nords are blond

why are you so fucking stupid
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 198x254px
>>2739245
>>2739230
>arabs aren't white
>>
>>2739230
>>2739245
This guy is arguing against his own imagination kek
>>
File: 1475600942526.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1475600942526.png
165KB, 327x316px
>mfw a stormfag forgets to take his meds
>>
>>2739260
It's not a laughing matter, m8. If he accidentally sees a person half a shade darker than him he's going to go into a spastic fit and die.
>>
>>2739230
He looks like an Italian today
>>
>>2739279
>Golden pubic hair

How?
>>
>>2739266
They weren't stylizing those statues after any existing human population. No human population has existed with those features.

Tell me which existing human population has at the same time curly hair, high-rooted noses and brachycephalic skulls at the same time. Some literal Caucasians maybe.

So there you go, they wanted to look like Georgians and Chechens

>>2739279
Yes, Apollo was blond. Poseidon was dark-haired. Care to tell us why? Genetic studies are coming out all the time anyway, wait for those instead of being so insane.
>>
>>2739311
stop trolling around a bit, negro. north italians aren't sicilian arab rape babies as you put it and they don't look like swedes either to me
>>
>>2739305
The top image was from 900s while the one from Africa is a modern day village.
>>
>>2739230
>Caesar's blond hair was said to give him a "singular appearance" among other Romans
kek
>>
>>2739356
Italians, French, Brits and Germans made modern Europe. Can't leave the Germans out, sorry.
>>
>>2739279
>blonde greeks and italians don't exist
I knew an Italian girl in high school with blonde curly hair
>>
File: Socrates.png (160KB, 899x783px) Image search: [Google]
Socrates.png
160KB, 899x783px
>>2739229
>Worst Greek philosopher was an abo
>>
>>2739475
He was Plato's teacher. Are you crazy?
>>
>>2739368
you could leave germany out and nothing of relevance would be lost until the franco prussian war
>>
>>2739407
A lot of Italy was colonised by Germanics/Lombards in the 6th century. Lombards are ethnically virtually Germanic so much so that the legacy of the invasions is that parts of Sicily are more Germanic than Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombards#Invasion_and_conquest_of_the_Italian_peninsula
>>
>>2739482
>Hey dude do you think you're smart?
>Uh I guess Socrates
>I'm smarter than you cause I admit I know nothing lmao
>Fuck off Socrates
Reminder he went around telling kids to disrespect the polis QED he deserved to drink the hemlock. Burckhardt was right Sophists > socrates
>>
>>2739475
Do people really enjoy saying stupid, trite shit on Twitter?
>>
>>2739499
>Hes shocked shitposting happens
where do you think you are right now?
>>
>>2739504
It's not so much that I'm shocked it happens and more that I'm astounded that people have it in them to lower the bar in the first place. I can't even bring myself to do the most banal of shitposts.
>>
File: australian chemist.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
australian chemist.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
>>2739518
You're talking to the wrong person to be critical of shitposting but take it from an expert, it is a way of life
>>
>>2739491
what thread are you reading?
>>
>>2739487
Not enough genetic impact to affect phenotype Senpai. I'd post that italian genetic infographic but I'm on phone
>>
>Amerifats

What's with Amerifats and acting like invasions are supposed to change the ethnic core of countries?
>>
>>2739572
maybe because America's ethnic core literally changed due to an invasion?
>>
>>2739475
What is this guy? Some sort of edgy Nietzsche fan?

>>2739572
It's thinking in simple terms. Either way, some invasions do leave their marks, it depends on the specifics.

The problem is that sometimes you can't tell "invasions" apart from "mostly peaceful settlement". To kinda keep to the topic at hand, Sicily for example had Pheonician colonies. How can you tell "Phoenician colonies" apart from "medieval Arab invaders"? You barely if at all can.
>>
>>2739582

America isn't the world.
>>
>>2739625
???
I'm not arguing with you, I just answered your question.
>>
Ancient Greeks were white
There are two genders.

Why are leftists utterly incapable of accepting observable facts like these?
>>
>>2739609

because phonecians and medieval arabs are two different ethnic groups
>>
>>2737739
>Jewish Ethnic Nationalism
a bit redundant dont you think? Judaism is a religion of ethnic supremacy and it has been for thousands of years.
>>
>>2739650
Literally nobody is denying they were white. We are simply pointing out they were meds, just like today's greeks.
>>
>>2737827

they look like very generic western or northern europeans. Please, enlighten me, in what way do they look greek and in what way do they not look nordic
>>
>>2738875
>you nadtzees are obsessed

lol, get over yourself. Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge race and genetics as an aspect of history?
>>
>>2737859

cherry picking, plenty don't.

>>2737874

Lol. Greeks don't have small noses. Short noses are a northern european trait. Curly hair is not exclusively mediterranean. In fact, its common in scandinavia, netherlands and germany. Not saying the people in the painting are literally germanic though.
>>
>>2739685
>>2739650

You don't have a blood claim to Ancient Greeks. Whether you're a New Worlder or a non-Greek Euro going We Wuz.
>>
>>2739685
>aspect

Key word because some people in this site make it all about race and genetics, thats why they are obsessed.
>>
>>2739232

there is, doesnt mean its the most common german look, just the most distinctive.
>>
>>2739232
>there's no distinctive German look, do you realize how much of variety there is from Mecklenburg to Switzerland?

>burgerlard whos never been to germany or seen more then 4 germans in real life falls for the "dark germans in the south blond germans in the north'' burgerlard neckbeard fedora meme. Switzerland is not germany by the way
>>
>>2739716

>fedora

Jesus was a Jew.
>>
>>2739716
Shut up ahmed, you will always stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
Non whites are DESPERATE to downplay and blackwash white Nordic achievements. It's sad.
>>
>>2739741

>KANGZ
>>
>>2739660
Ethnic groups aren't genetic entities. We are talking genetics.

>>2739683
"Western European" is a meaningless term when it comes to appearance. The Irish look nothing like the Spanish in a European context and the Spanish as are genetically distant from them as they are from Tuscans.
>>
Sup X.P.
>>
>>2740078
When it comes to genetics (DNA) most Europeans are related to one another, and many have Greek/Roman/Italian blood in them.
>>
>>2739155
>using the numbers along the top of the keyboard instead of the number pad to randomly type an exaggerated number
>white
>>
File: IMG_1041.png (176KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.png
176KB, 600x338px
KEK
look at all those "nords" trying to claim these Greeks as muh ancestors
Fuck off and go circle jerk to more glorified barbarians
>>
>>2740078
Irish are in general pale spaniards. Like you could drop them in galicia or Asturias and no one would be the wiser until they spoke.
>>
>>2740542
As if micks actually looked Spaniard
>>
>>2740078
>Ethnic groups aren't genetic entities. We are talking genetics.

yes, phonecians aren't the same as arabs genetically, so it could be determined whether a gene pool has phonecian/syriac genetics or arab
>>
>>2740078
>"Western European" is a meaningless term when it comes to appearance.

not at all, british, irish, french and dutch people all look alike

>The Irish look nothing like the Spanish in a European context

Lol. I'm guessing you're american. Lots of irish people look spanish, some have even stronger mediterranean features then spaniards. Some spaniards even look like the freckly / light eyed irish people. But I don't consider spain to be western europe
>>
>>2740558

alot of them do

>>2740542

its common to see irish people with olive brown skin too. They can be paler then albinos, or as dark as mediterraneans
>>
>>2737809
Is he blind?
>>2737735
At the very least that guy in the background with straight jet black hair and a unique skin color was certainly supposed to be some sort of Indian
>>
>>2739725

so what, all the myths about ethnography and ethnicities are fedora as fuck, because its old wives tale shit that gets passed around online by retards on yahoo answers and neckbeards ad infinitum, and only autists care enough to read about that shit.
>>
>thread on /his/ about great archaeological finds
>degenerates into race

Fucking kill yourselves /pol/.
>>
>>2739148
>they point to the modern population.

coptics aren't the majority of egypt, and roma/turks are not the original inhabitants of greece
>>
>>2740632
>Is he blind?

I think he's talking about whites and referring to the fact that the ancient depictions of greeks look "whiter" or more similar to northern/western/central europeans then the stereotype of what a modern greek looks like.

The thing is there's plenty of greeks who look no less white then your stock standard white races, they tend to have distinctive features but they look no less white. Most Greeks tend to be pretty light skinned as well, where as supposedly "whiter" races like germans and scandinavians tend to be pretty tanned naturally
>>
>>2739737

I'm not german and I'm white, I was just talking about how by and large germans look pretty much the same, north or south. There's more nordic tendencies the further north you go, but if you go to bavaria or zurich you'll see plenty of tall blonds.
>>
>>2739572

they think people "mix' simply by having shared or passed through the same region, from what I can see they dont even think enough to realise that people have to reproduce with one and other to "mix'. Instead its just well country/region x had foreign people y wander through on the way to a campaign, or there was a small colony, there for, people x are magically "a mix" along with every other neighbhouring people or foreign people who also entered region x for whatever reason and whatver duration.

Its been massivley hammed up that every nationality and ethnicity is "a mix" since after WW2. Go to any thread on reddit related to a nationality or whatever group of people and their ethnography/genetics and control F mix, see how many times it gets highlighed. Its old wives tales told by the same amerifats who also like to tell you about how what fractions and what percentages of european ethnicities they claim to be
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.