[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Did Sociology become a meme field

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: yo.png (73KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
yo.png
73KB, 238x238px
when exactly did this once glorious field go to shit?
>>
Jews
>>
File: herbert marcuse.jpg (20KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
herbert marcuse.jpg
20KB, 250x221px
>>
>>2734778
this
>>
>>2734773
DA JOOS
>>
Sociology was always shit and always will be (see: John Money and David Reimer).

Anthropology, economics, neuroscience, psychology, and statistics do everything sociology tries to do but they actually succeed in it all the while maintaining proper empiricism.
>>
Immediately after Durkheim and Weber.
>>
File: Basilica of St Clement.jpg (184KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Basilica of St Clement.jpg
184KB, 1024x768px
>>2734778
Second post is, in fact, the best post.

>>2736234

>putting anthropology above sociology

A shame there are no solid job prospects with anthropology.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protestant_Ethic_and_the_Spirit_of_Capitalism
>>
1. 1800s-1945: Max Weber golden age
2. 1945-1990: Lets use sociology as a tool to support Marxism
3. 1990-2017: "My parents told me to get a college degree so I chose sociology because I like people and being social"
>>
>>2734769
Never. You just became a right winger that doesn't like the conclusions of modern academia.
Protip: trying to discredit something by calling it a meme... is a meme.
>>
>>2734769
When it comes to studies that focus on people, normies find sociology the easies to digest
Anthropology and Economics are too technical
Neuroscience, Psychology, and Statistics, when used completely empirically, tend to scare most people when they realize how easy it is for someone to manipulate them without their knowing. It used to scare me too in high school, and then I calmed the fuck down and realized that nobody is going to care enough about me to try to mind-rape me.
>>
>>2736351
Except sociology is a joke
>>
>>2736406
Your repeated assertions as substitutes for arguments are the only joke I'm seeing. Go ride the hivemind dick some more, faggot.
>>
>>2736430
umm homophobic much? you know its comments like yours that contribute to this website's toxic atmosphere and homophobia in the culture at large. you ought to be ashamed of yourself
>>
>>2736406
Prove it.
>>
>>2736475
knock knock
>>
>>2734769
>invented by (((Marx)))
>glorious field

>>2736234
I'm pretty sure Money was a sexologist or a psychiatrist.
>>
>>2736234
In all fairness that's not sociology in total but sexology which is a fake "science" invented by perverts to try and justify their degeneracy.
>>
>>2736459
You are actually factually correct in this one post, but since you're being facetious I don't really care. Your dislike of sociology pretty much comes down to muh feels.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.