[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Civil War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (14KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 277x182px
ITT we discuss the American Civil War, no shit posting.
>>
>>2731834
>no shit posting.

Good luck with that
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>2731834

>Be southern captain
>Must get the Newly built C.S.S. Neuse to the port of Wilmington
>Ships been under enemy fire since construction
>get the hull built and scadadle down river
>Union give chase
>Reach the city of Kinston which is under siege
>HurryTheFuckUpWithTheArmorPlating.jpg
>sail down river again
>get stuck on sand bar
>Mfw
>FuckIt.gif
>Decide to scuttle the bitch
>light the fuse
>The bitch doesn't sink because sand bar
>Autisticly screech while retreating from Yankee

Another glorious day fighting for the Confederacy
>>
Was American civil war really about slaves?
I just find it really hard that the population of northern states would accept sending their sons into death to liberate the blacks, whome they probably viewed as subhumans back then
>>
>>2731868
It was fought to uphold the Union, Lincoln just used liberating the slaves as leverage against the south. The South had wanted to separate long before the 1860's for a lot of things. Mostly power in Congress. Slavery was one of a lot of reasons it was fought.
>>
>USA literally had a civil war
history is weird
>>
>>2731838
/thread, sadly
>>
>>2731882
>>2731868
Outside of MAYBE Virginia, the southern states seceded to protect their right to own slaves and to expand the trade.

What saddens me the most is hat guys like Robert E Lee are going to get shat on by this new generation when he was possibly the best person to serve on either side
>>
>>2731885
Most nations had civil wars at some point
>>
>>2731901
The only reason he fought for the South was that he was from Virginia. He fought for his home, not slavery.
>>
Can someone reccomend me a good documentary on the subject? Or a good book for that matter. Thanks.
>>
>>2731913
Yes, I know that. You didn't really comprehend my post.
>>
File: ken-burns.jpg (124KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
ken-burns.jpg
124KB, 480x720px
>>2731918
>>
>>2731868
There was a draft and it was WILDLY unpopular. Most people were concerned with keeping the Union together
>>
>>2732029
Forgot about the fucking draft riots

>Be potatonigger
>Come to U.S. because homeland out of potatos
>Civil War breaks out
>Get drafted
>OyFuckThisShit.jpg
>Riot and burn 1/4 of New York
>>
>>2731918
Team of Rivals
>>
File: robert-mcgee-scalped.jpg (141KB, 600x829px) Image search: [Google]
robert-mcgee-scalped.jpg
141KB, 600x829px
>Be yuropoor
>Immigrate to America
>Be drafted into Union army
>Join or go to jail
>Get captured by CSA
>Join or stay in POW camp
>Enlist in Confederate army
>Get captured by Union as war ends
>Join Frontier Army or stay in Federal prison camp
>Enlist in Frontier duty
>Get scalped by Indians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanized_Yankees
>>
>>2731868
Short answer no.
>>
>>2731868
It was about eliminating the political and economic threat to the North from slave labor.

The majority of the political force behind the anti-slavery movement was aimed at protecting Northern jobs, not helping blacks.
>>
>>2731838
Was about to respond with something along the lines of this.

/thread
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.