[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion and Entropy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
81KB, 800x800px
How come most of what humanity creates eventually decays, except for religion? There are several religions like Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, etc, which have all survived against challenges for thousands of years.

What is the future of religion? Will these same religions that I listed still exist 1000 years from now?
>>
>>2730644

Only Catholicism will exist a 1000 years from now
>>
>>2730644
Thousands of other religions have died off.
>>
File: fffff.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fffff.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
>>2730644
They are too broadly defined to go away.
>>
>>2730644
Religion isn't immune to decay even by religious standards. Just look at Christian and Muslim eschatology and how pessimistic it is about the end times, or the Buddhist sutras on the extinction of the dharma. Nothing lasts forever.
Also, you're conflating physical entropy with the cultural discarding of ideas. That's not the way it works, broski. Manichaeism used to be popular as fuck... where is it today? Pretty much extinct.

>>2730649

I doubt it. Even if it does still exist, it'll probably be unrecognizable and have adopted ex cathedra statements on Plant Rights or Martian Nationalism or whatever the fuck else becomes fashionable in 1000 years.
>>
>>2730644
they are memes of the highest quality
>>
File: 1437691066638.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437691066638.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
>>2730715
>>
>>2730644
>why is it that the longing for eternity doesn't die?
Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>2730644
>entropy
Do you even know what that is
>>
Because ideas are bulletproof.
>>
File: fall of man.jpg (224KB, 733x611px) Image search: [Google]
fall of man.jpg
224KB, 733x611px
>>2730644
Religion is decaying, though. Slowly but surely.
>>
>>2730728
But that image is wrong though. The romans didn't seriously start persecuting the christians until the 3rd century and they might have been successful if it weren't for constantine. Napoleon never wanted to destroy christendom, or any other faith for that matter, neither did germany and the only group this is accurate for is the muslim terrorists but they are going to be destroyed by the military forces of various national governments.

That isn't even getting into the stupidity of the last panel, but here's a hint: The Japanese Empire wasn't destroyed by christendom, it was destroyed by the secular military of a secular state.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.