/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: alexander wasn't great.png (14KB, 1324x137px) Image search: [Google]
alexander wasn't great.png
14KB, 1324x137px
Is this true?
>>
yes, everything posted on /his/ is objectively true
my dubs will prove this
>>
No, this is fault. You don't conquer the known world through a stroke of luck. The fact that he even united Hellas is amazing enough.

Check numbers if you don't believe me.
>>
>>2726031
Nice sources.
>>
>>2726031
It's really hard to judge generals that are that old. Remember there are no first hand sources of his life left. Also, there is a good chance many embellishments have been added so it might be hard sometimes to judge what actually happened. That being said you don't blunder your way into conqueroting the largest empire in history up until that point. I understand that Persia was on the edge of collapse, but Alexander would at the very least need to be competetant house the tools his father gave him.
>>
>>2726037
It's from a Fate thread on /a/.
>>
Where do we even know about his life from?
>>
File: john green.jpg (285KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [Google]
john green.jpg
285KB, 1200x888px
>>2726031
"Greatness" is sexist anyway
>>
Alexander, like Napoleon after him, had generals under him who were hard as nails with balls of steel. And when he said "you are going to charge those rampaging armored elephants" they did it, no questions asked.

Having loyal and capable men under you, and a well trained fighting force is winning half the war.
>>
File: 34562.png (994KB, 893x859px) Image search: [Google]
34562.png
994KB, 893x859px
>>2726345
yeah, fate fags are notorious for their thorough understanding of historical fact

did you know king arthur was a woman?
>>
>>2726031
No.

Alexander was the epitome of the great conqueror to ancient people and had the scariest army of his time at his disposal.

For perspective: If emperor Wilhelm II were like Alexander during World War I, we would all speak some kind of german.

Alexander basically fought a war were he was not allowed to screw up. Not even a moderate screw up. He had to win every pitched battle and win it so hard, that his enemy was in serious trouble afterwards.

Even after his first victory against the persians, Alexander was not even close to winning. He just defeated an army that was mostly local troops and losing it was not a big deal for persia.

Heck, even on the eve of the last great battle at gaugamela, a draw would have meant an end to Alexander's ambitions.
There is a bloody good reason why he is still revered by many people: he did basically the impossible.
>>
>>2726031
It's pretty obviously wrong to say there was nothing special about him- even if you want to claim his tactics/strategies were down to his father (fairly credible), you still can't deny the impressive logistical achievements inherent in conquering such an area on foot.
>>
>>2726797
God, I hate this fag.
>>
>>2726049
>>2726800
These are the best answers. He didn't just stumble into the largest empire of the time by mistake and he didn't conquer Egypt and Persia by mistake. He didn't found hundreds of cities named Alexandria by mistake.
>>
>>2726797
I will unironically celebrate his death
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.