[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catherine the Great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Empress_Catherine.jpg (292KB, 1072x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Empress_Catherine.jpg
292KB, 1072x1348px
What does /his/ think about Catherine the Great?
Was she really the enlightened despot people make her out to be?
Would it be be safe to assume that she is on par with monarchs the likes of Frederick the Great and Joseph II?
> inb4 "horse"
>>
germ filth
>>
>>2724545
BIG
>>
>>2724585
HORSE
>>
Friedrich II got his ass kicked hard and Prussia had to be bailed by two literal miracles. Meanwhile Catherine, while being a huge bitch personally, had very little setbacks and, for one, never had to surrender her capital.
>>
is she the greatest woman ruler ever, /his/?
>>
>>2724610
>is she the greatest woman ruler ever, /his/?

She's up there with Elizabeth I and Hatshepsut.
>>
>>2724589
COCK
>>
Red pill me on that whole Prussia miracle thing? What would've happened if she lived and why were they at was with each other..
>>
>>2724761
>Russia on the verge of eternally BTFO'ing Prussia
>Suddenly Empress Elizabeth dies
>Her successor is a huge Prussiaboo
>He fucking withdraws all the Russian troops from Prussia and makes white peace
>Couped and replaced with Catherine six months later
>>
Wasn't she a big skank?
>>
>>2724545
I honestly don't get why she is known as an enlightened despot. She didn't really modernize Russia in any way. If anything she made the serfs worse off. She had a really solid foreign policy, but that doesn't make her an enlightened ruler. So I would say she was a very good year, and may have personally held enlightened views, but this didn't translate into enlightened polocies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.