[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Does This Country Have Such a Convoluted History?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_France.jpg (98KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_France.jpg
98KB, 3000x2000px
Am I just dumb, or does country have one of the hardest to understand historical backgrounds?

Discuss
>>
>>2723829
>Am I just dumb
Yes
>>
>>2723832
/thread
>>
>>2723829
more or less 1400 years of endless dickery about muh land, muh religion, muh revolution.
>>
>>2723829
no that's prussia because rather than going George, George George, they go Frederick Wilhlem, Frederick, frederick wilhelm
Also reminder hozenhollorns have their own hell to go to
>>
>>2723829
It is hard to understand because there are three narratives

The Frankish(Royalist) narrative : That French were Franks conquered Gauls, and created France on the ruins of Gauls, and so on

The Gaulish(Republican) narrative : That French were Gauls, were civilized by Romans, and became French after the Franks conquered Gauls, and so on

The Leftist(Neo-Republican) narrative (created post WW2) : There is no French, they are all mixed, and it's all

And it become more complicated according to which author you read, as an example, not too long ago a Catholic Historian(thus a partisan of the Royalist-Frankish narrative) published a book about French history and emphasised on how French thought that they were a chosen people and make it the central point of his book.

You can also add to that, the fact that French aren't the only people in France, thus, if you write an "History of France" instead of an "History of the French" you must include the Bretons, the Basques, the Alsatians, and the Corsicans

The best would be the publication of Ethnic History instead of Politic History
>>
>>2723829
IMO Germany's is much harder, at least France was a unified state most of the time. In German history you have hundreds of microstates with abysmally drawn borders.
>>
>they wuz celts
>they wuz kang
>they wuz kangs
>they wuz republicans
>they wuz kangs again
>they wuz republicans again
>they wuz an empire
>they accidentally the HRE
>they wuz a republic
>they wuz winners of ww1
>they wuz arguably one of the best european nations in history when it comes to warfare
>they wuz cowards forward because of ww2
>they wuz caliphate

Germany is harder.
>>
>>2723944
This t b h f a m
>>
>>2723985
>>They wuz caliphate
I hope France and England at least balkanize so that they are essentially divided based on ethnic-religious lines. Fuck Germany though
>>
>>2723997
Already happening

Shitskins are around 10-15% but they manage to leech 600-900 billions per year, once they reach 30-40% France will most likely collapse
>>
>>2723892
why
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.