[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IN OUR HISTORY WE HAVE NO USE OF SHIELDS ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: dsadas.jpg (436KB, 1662x1376px) Image search: [Google]
dsadas.jpg
436KB, 1662x1376px
WHY IN CIVIL WAR SHIELDS AREN'T USED WHEN THEY ATTACK THAT FORT IT THE SMART NEGROS WHY IN WW2 WHEN THEY EMBARK ON THE BEACH THEY HAD NO SHIELDS AND HALF MEN DIED WHY IN MODERN AGE EVERYONE FOGOT THAT SHIELD EXISTED IT WOULD BE SO USEFUL THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL NAIVETY
>>
Large shields are a major loss of mobility, soldiers are already carrying lots of equipment & sometimes body armor.
A full-body shield enlarges your profile, and makes it more difficult to conceal one's self
Trenches, encampments, using other cover serve the same purpose.
Asymmetric warfare makes classical formations and tactics obsolete. Shields don't protect from drone strikes, nor do they protect from viet cong booby traps and surprise attacks.
Shrapnel from explosives can get around shields, not all potential damage comes from straight on.
>>
>>2720860
Excuse me, I couldn't hear you over the sound of what the fuck you were saying.
>>
>>2720860
>WW2 WHEN THEY EMBARK ON THE BEACH

Yeah, good luck carrying shields that are capable of stopping 1200 7.92×57mm Mauser rounds per minute.
>>
>>2720860
americans had enough trouble landing without 50kgs of steel weighing them down
>>
WHAT THA FUCK GUYS I COULD CARRY A SHIELD IN CIVIL WAR EASILY WHEN ATTACKING A LINE FU KYOU ALÇL
>>
>>2720860
>Firing six shots from the hip and expecting to hit anything smaller than a mountainside
Who the fuck thinks up this shit?
>>
Ever hear of mobility?
>>
Any shield capable of stopping rifle fire consistently would be heavy as fuck. You're also not shooting a rifle if you're holding a shield. So you're now trying to advance on an enemy position with a shield that doesn't actually protect you, and you have to get close because their rifles greatly out range your pistol.
>>
>>2720935

that's something that i've been wondering about

why didn't they spam smoke grenades? they had the technology to make them and they knew they were going against a literal wall of machinegun fire.
>>
tanks anon, tanks
>>
File: Daigre-Shield.jpg (120KB, 1049x756px) Image search: [Google]
Daigre-Shield.jpg
120KB, 1049x756px
>>2720860
>>
File: italian-trench-shield.jpg (172KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
italian-trench-shield.jpg
172KB, 800x495px
>>2721334
>>
Whhhhhy the fuck did the Japanese never use shields ever? Like EVER? It seems like a pretty elementary idea.
>>
>>2720860

Too bad the engineers don't know shooting from the hip only works in silent films.
>>
>>2720860

Are you this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149swgQcNIU
>>
File: 5205321899_175e463dab_o.jpg (186KB, 426x412px) Image search: [Google]
5205321899_175e463dab_o.jpg
186KB, 426x412px
>>2721480
>Whhhhhy the fuck did the Japanese never use shields ever?
They did, they were widespread in Japanese warfare before the Samurai were a thing.

They never disappeared completely, they just got larger and eventually became stationary because of the increasing emphasis on ranged weapons.
>>
>>2721215
Just make one dude the tank with the shield andput him together with a dps, like in a mmo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.