[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

afterlife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (171KB, 2048x1406px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
171KB, 2048x1406px
What is the afterlife for each religion like?
>>
You get your ass probed by pointy sticks in all of them
>>
You're getting fisted by deity of your choice.
>>
Hinduism - reincarnation if you do not obtain liberation
Buddhism - many realms : Hell realm, hungry ghost realm, human realm, angry deity realm, heavenly deity realm, nirvana.
Judaism - resurrection into a heavenly city
Christianity - resurrection and union with the Son of God or hellfire
Islam - resurrection and paradise or hell. Paradise with virgins if you martyr your self.
>>
>>2718189
>Paradise with virgins if you martyr your self

is it true or just a meme
>>
>>2719186
literally that's what is being said

I have an english Quran gifted from the Saudi gov't to US military advisers working for them
>>
mormonism is a little bit cooler and more sci-fi.

so lucifer and jehovah both had different ideas as to how souls should learn of god. lucifer thought that souls should be made to worship god, jehovah thought that they should learn of him and choose to worship god. after that, the trillions of pre-mortal souls decided on whether they agreed with jehovah or lucifer. earth is the manifestation of the learning process for the 1/3rd of pre-mortal souls that agreed with jehovah. the 2/3rd that agreed with lucifer exist in the "outer darkness". the outer darkness is a place you can only arrive at if you know and understand the teachings of christ and reject them.

other than that, there are three tiered kingdoms. the highest kingdom is knowing fully of and being in the presence of god. the second kingdom is where the righteous dwell, the third kingdom is where the ignorant dwell. higher tiered kingdoms send missionaires down to lower kingdoms to teach them about god and stuff. according to j smith, if a man knew what the lowest tiered kingdom was like, he would immediately kill themselves to get there. (this in my opinion is a bit of a logical mistake in his design of the religion, as if you believe you should trust the words of joseph smith you should therefore kill yourself). there is no "hell" in the traditional sense, the "outer darkness" is named as such because he is revealed nothing on what it is.
>>
>>2718189
Hindu/Buddhism technically has a cycle therefore anything "afterlife" is technically re-life.

Unless you obtain Moksha/Nirvana, in which case, if you're a Hindu, you become "one with everything" and Brahman. If you're a buddhist, if you reach Nirvana, then you are "one who has thus gone", meaning the delusion of self, the karmic chain no longer bind "you", as such things are fictitious at best to those who has thus gone.
>>
>>2718089

Your implication that man can invent his own religion and that has some sort of effect on reality is ponderous.

For people who call on the name of Jesus Christ to be saved, heaven awaits.

For everyone else, hell awaits.
>>
>>2719431
I'm so tired of these Christian LARPers on /his/. This is a thread to talk about different religions' ideas about the afterlife, not a thread to preach about your religion you fucking autist.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.