[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 5.gif (6KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
6KB, 312x500px
Why has Christianity seemingly become more casual and less devout as a religion? It seems like even the conservative sects/branches will accept anyone from alcoholics to benevolent people like Mr Rogers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it generally less devout compared to other religions?
>>
God doesn't even ask much of us but follow the three major commandments.

1. Love God with all your heart/mind/etc.
2. Love your neighbor you love your self.
3. Love your neighbor as Christ loves, even laying down your life for them.

Christ also taught repentance and forgiveness so it is very accepting.
>>
People will tell you it's atheism or science, but really it's capitalism battering at religion.
>>
>>2717855
I wonder how many people who call themselves Christians in America are actually devout Christians? I feel like most of them just say they are "christian" because they grew up it as a kid and it's been practically indoctrinated in them even though they don't fully believe in God.
Also how did Christianity become associated with the right wing/conservative ideology or even going further, the stormfront types? Are they just larping fags?
>>
>>2717875
Stormfront types always hated Christianity, though.
>>
>>2717875
It's not associated with right wing at all.

Only /pol/ and conservatives trying to revive Christianity make this religion seems right wing

Otherwise it is very left leaning
>>
File: IMG_1620.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1620.png
8KB, 420x420px
>>2717855
Are you without sin? Are you better than a drunkard in God's eyes? Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone.
>>
>>2717864
>even laying down your life for them.
Source?

t. not-knower
>>
>>2718567
>being a protestant
Wew lad
>>
>>2717855
Same goes with islam actually, abrahamic religions are doomed but it doesn't matter since the church is just a meme at this point
>>
>>2717855
It's less devout than Islam, but probably more devout than most other religions.

Also, it's only been laid back for the last century or so. Before then people took it more seriously.
>>
>>2718578
Greater love has none than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:13
>>
>>2717855
Christianity is a western religion and that's where most modern-day liberalism is so there might be some connection. Also powers like the US, Germany, Sweden and the UK were (are) all Protestant which is somewhat less devout than the older religions like Catholicism and Orthodoxy
>>
>>2717855
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Jesus was mocked for eating and drinking with sinners, thieves, whores, etc.

But those people, sinners, thieves, whores, etc., knew they were lost and saw in Jesus their salvation.

The "devout" were the hypocritical pharisees who turned Jesus over for execution after he did everything the Messiah was supposed to do to demonstrate that he was the Messiah.

Do not trust anyone who says they are "devout". They are likely vipers, members of the synagogue of satan.
>>
>>2717864

Okay, so you're 0 for 3 with God.

Now what?
>>
>>2717875

Many people who say they are Christians, are not Christians. Obviously a higher percentage on 4chan, but even in real life.

It's not difficult to check.

If I said I was a member of the Moose Lodge, and you asked me what I did to become a member, and I didn't know, well, you'd be right to doubt my claim was true.

If I told you, but could not show you where in the Moose Lodge Book what I said proved I was a member, you'd again be right to be skeptical.
>>
>>2718584
Heaven > Hell

How can you get that wrong?
>>
>>2719805
"Friends" doesn't sound like "neighbour", though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.