[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ottoman Military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Redpill me on the Ottoman Military /his/.
Why were they so successful? Was it just a result of circumstance and weak neighbors? or did they actually utilize revolutionary tactics?
Also I'm particularly interested in how useful the Crimean Tartar calvary were.
Also, were the jannisaries that good?
>>
>>2716470
>Was it just a result of circumstance and weak neighbors?
Yes.
In the Balkans, fear of rule by Catholics and dislike of their feudal oppression made it easier for the Ottoman Turks to conquer
>>
>>2716470
you know, you could just tipe that into the browser and find a ton of material that is going to answer your question far better than /his/ ever could. But instead you post it here, where you know there is a lot of hate for the ottomans. It makes me think you dont want your questions answered, you just want us to shitpost
>>
Jannies were extremely good soldiers because they were literally trained since childhood. Their whole life was a military.

They were forbidden to marry and do anything else except the army stuff. That's why they ocassionally staged rebellions, which were usually very short but also very bloody. By the XVIII century they slowly sank into corruption and anarchy, which kinda fits with the Ottoman downfall as a whole.
>>
>>2718271
you know, you could just tipe that into the browser and find a ton of material that is going to answer your question far better than /his/ ever could. But instead you post it here, where you know there is a lot of shitposing. It makes me think you dont want your questions answered, you just want us to shitpost

>ywn never be this autistic
/pol/eddit is that way buddy
>>
the light cavarly of the tatars were used for raiding, recon and screening

they were usually routed quickly but at some poiint they joined back

the jannisaries were a professional group of soldiers where in europe such thing havent really existed apart from mercenaries

afaik there was no revolutionary tactics, what happened is that sipahis which were lighter armored than the knights got backed up by staying power, the jannisaries
every charge loses its momentum at some point
they caused cavarly to be reformed, i think you are familiar with the term hussars
>>
File: azaps.png (107KB, 613x300px) Image search: [Google]
azaps.png
107KB, 613x300px
>>2716470
The nice thing the Ottomans had was a government infrastructure geared for war.

While European forces had to rely on an almost all volunteer army supplemented by troops raised through a feudal system that had broken down centuries ago the Ottomans had a standing core, a functional feudal way of raising cavalry and a shitton of volunteers/conscripts who cost almost nothing to the state.
>>
>>2716470
They were foreign rulers and outsiders in Arabia. If you look at thier fortifications they always built citadels, not as a last line of defense but to seperate and consolidate themselves. Not a situation that breads complacency.
>>
>>2716470
>Redpill me on
fuck off
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.