[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: why did this happen.jpg-large.jpg (57KB, 690x450px) Image search: [Google]
why did this happen.jpg-large.jpg
57KB, 690x450px
the divide

and could it of been avoided?
>>
no

it wasn't a sudden thing

it developed slowly as with all regional faiths
>>
>>2716321
What's wrong with this?
Are you just looking for something to bitch about OP?
>>
>could it of been
>>
Orthodox and Catholics are still autisticly screeching at each other because of "muh rules, muh beliefs"?
>>
>>2716321
Catholics then were too power hungry

Catholics later were corrupt

Now Catholics are pretty much atheist marxists

Always flying in whichever direction the wind blows. They need to accept the teachings and dogmas of orthodoxy if there is to be unity.
>>
>>2718554
>Hurdurr Cethowlicks be flighty!
Meanwhile the Orthodoxy sucks tremendous state-dick and is nothing right now but a Russian tool.
>>
>>2718590
Their teachings are one and the same, they never alter them, no matter who rules over them.

As for Putin, he works in their interest so they support him, the orthodox always support Christian and conservative leaders(when they decide to give their opinion, because usually they keep to themselves)

And their support is very minimal, like a statement some priest will make and that's it(at least it's like that in my country i don't know how they do it in Russia)

Either way, you're talking about secular politics, which are irrelevant, what matters is the dogma and teaching.
>>
>>2718650
Nobody gives a shit about a powerless cuck-church
>>
>>2716321

Leavened vs unleavened bread
>>
>>2718650
In Russia, orthodox priest literally bless bombs.
>>
>>2716321
There were basic cultural and perhaps theological divisions even in roman times, certainly by the time Augustine was writing.

Both sides basically stayed united despite this, thought they occasionally argued. It wasn't until the crusades and the papacy arguably got involved in Byzantine politics that things reached a breaking point.
>>
>>2716321
One iron leg ruled for a thousand years.
The other iron leg ruled for a thousand years.
Both are on a pagan statue that will be destroyed by Jesus.

Unless of course you don't believe Daniel is a prophet, like the Jews don't.
>>
Popery probably wanted all the feet for itself.
>>
>>2719020
Thats based af
Wtf I love Russian Orthodox now
>>
>>2716321
No, because schismatics gonna schism. The Patriarchs of the East were mad jelly of the Primacy+Supremacy of the Bishop of Rome (aka Pope) and initiated the Schism. Let's hope they will return to Rome some day.

The proof is in the pudding for orthodoxy: they are lax on divorce, when Jesus himself was not. The Roman Catholics have always been serious about things and still are.
>>
>>2719802

The pope is not meant to be the supreme authority over the whole church, just first among equals.
>>
>>2720041
That was probably one of the eariest disagreements. Its clear even in roman times that the west thought the popes position carried special authority beyond that of other patriarchs, something the church in Constantinople fought against very hard. The roman church for there part saw the eastern bishops and the patriarch of Constantinople as puppets for the emperor
>>
>>2716321
>Chalcadonian heretics grow to realize their mutual heresies aren't that different.
It's pretty cute, tbqh.
>>
>>2719802
Yes, it always seems like the East was always jealous of the West's power.
>>
>>2718554
1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
>>
>>2718590
There are many Orthodox sects. Not all Russian. They to tend to be ethnically divided.
>>
>>2716321
Roman emperor not accepting the vicar of Christa superiority
>>
>>2718554
t. Constantine
>>
>>2720135
they're not sects, they're national churches, they teach the same things, there is zero difference between them except for language

the catholic church is no different in this regard you stupid fucking moron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_particular_churches_and_liturgical_rites

any argument against orthodox you have is against catholics as well, since part of the catholic church are churches that are in every way like the orthodox church except they accept the pope as their supreme power
>>
I am Orthodox but i'm seriously considering converting to Catholicism. A single united Church with global authority just seems more natural and appealing than bunch of miniature ethno-churches.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.