[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online haters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I recently came upon statement, that hating or generally being rude online is a good way to somehow give vent to negative emotions. Thanks to this, one would not blow off steam in real life and get rid of all negativity in a non-harmful way. Any opinions?
>>
kill yourself faggot
>>
My opinion is that this is a pointless thread and &Humanities was a mistake

And I'm negative IRL even after being negative online so it's not cathartic for me
>>
>>2715490
>Humanities was a mistake
What? We can't just have one board for Hitler-worship threads! You're worse that Hitler!
>>
get cancer
>>
>>2715459

The theory of catharsis as been largely dropped by modern psychologists, whop instead opine that giving vent to hateful emotions actually strengthens them.
>>
File: 1486955947522.jpg (24KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486955947522.jpg
24KB, 208x199px
I disagree with this mainly because I do not think that there is such a thing as 'raw' and unaggregated emotion.

First, I think emotions go through some sort of cognitive process, if even for a millisecond, that informs a person to what they think they should feel.
Kind of like, "This person spilled coffee on me, I am mad".
So, the accumulation of negative emotion is more interpreting events in a negative manner, and continuing to do so when we reflect on the event.

This said, venting in any case- even if non-harmful thanks to anonymity and a virtual culture which is conducive to such outbursts may lead a person
to accepting the detrimental notion that if they can deal with it in the end, it will not harm them.

More or less, I don't think it will solve the problems of a sufferer facing emotional tension, so I do not think it is the best course of action.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.