[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have more pics like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: afghanistan.jpg (250KB, 1701x676px) Image search: [Google]
afghanistan.jpg
250KB, 1701x676px
Do any of you have more pics like this?
>>
Don't let that picture fool you. Afghanistan has always been a shithole. Pictures like that only show the very few nice, touristy parts.
>>
>>2714814
and now there aren't a few nice touristy spots
>>
>>2714814
not looking for pics specifically of Afghanistan, any then and now pics.
>>
File: Afghans-in-Sauna-Nazary-006.jpg (96KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Afghans-in-Sauna-Nazary-006.jpg
96KB, 720x480px
>>2714824
There actually are. Back then and now there is a very small group of elite in Kabul while everywhere else is like being back in the medieval times.

Granted, there are very few foreign tourists today compared to the 50s and 60s, but otherwise it's not much different when it comes to how poor people are
>>
File: BuddhasBeforeAndAfter.jpg (69KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
BuddhasBeforeAndAfter.jpg
69KB, 624x351px
Here's another before/after Taliban photo...

In this case, and in the case of the Assyrian stuff in Iraq/Syria, it can't really be called Islam since those countries had been Muslim for centuries prior to artefacts' destruction.
>>
File: 1747881.jpg (63KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1747881.jpg
63KB, 1337x1289px
>>2715748
>it can't really be called Islam
>>
File: ArabianPepe.jpg (122KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ArabianPepe.jpg
122KB, 1500x1500px
>>2715775
>Mesopotamia, Afghanistan, etc have been Muslim for well over 1,000 years.
>Pre-Islamic architecture, art, literature, etc has only begun to be destroyed frequently and deliberately within the 21st century

It does not logically follow, to blame it on Islam. Women being barred from work, school, etc, and gays being thrown of roofs can be blamed on Islam.

Don't you think it's more likely that they just wanted to sell the stuff for a really high price?

If you video yourself blowing up a fucking huge statue that is no use to you, it will make tonnes of rich people be prepared to pay a premium for smaller artefacts that can be transported.

If rich collectors think all of its going to be destroyed, then they'll be willing to pay ISIS for them.

This is just my opinion on what might be going on, i don't know if there's evidence or not, but it sounds reasonable to me.
>>
>>2715848
>Pre-Islamic architecture, art, literature, etc has only begun to be destroyed frequently and deliberately within the 21st century
Look up razing, it's been practiced for a long time. It's not just some recent thing.

Even if it was a recent phenomena that doesn't mean Islam isn't to blame.

>Don't you think it's more likely that they just wanted to sell the stuff for a really high price?
No, they destroy it they don't sell it.

>If you video yourself blowing up a fucking huge statue that is no use to you, it will make tonnes of rich people be prepared to pay a premium for smaller artefacts that can be transported.
wtf am I reading. you are in your own little fantasy
>>
>>2715748
this is fake there's no way i'm believing this
>>
>>2715878
Modern radical islamic ideology is to blame, but the guy is right, you cant blame all Islam or else those things wouldnt have lasted 1400 years of islamic occupation until now.
>>
>>2715878
They do sell it, I've seen Syrian artefacts at some private underground auctions.
>>
imagine a middle east without Islam
>>
File: soon goyim.jpg (204KB, 953x831px) Image search: [Google]
soon goyim.jpg
204KB, 953x831px
>>2715976
>>
>>2715946
>Modern radical islamic ideology is to blame, but the guy is right, you cant blame all Islam
That's like saying Lenin is to blame and you can't blame Marx. You can blame islam for proving a plausible interpretation of their texts that allow for such a radical sect to develop. Just like how you can blame Marx for providing Lenin with a plausible interpretation that allowed for such radical political action.
>>
>>2715983

those folks are just another middle eastern insecure religion
>>
>>2715976
We already had secular Turkey and post-commie -stans, nothing interesting.
>>
>mfw "We Wuz First World" babbies start this Afghan meme
Step aside, fuckers. Here's a REAL Prelude to Destruction.
Chechnya, 1994.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UN9VPMFWV0
Chechnya, 1996.
>>
>>2715994

you have posted those, but you seem to know nothing about them
>>
>>2715848
>>2715878
>>2715946
Fucking americans arming the talibans cuz my communism are to blame.
>>
File: Rhodesia-1.jpg (603KB, 1643x678px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia-1.jpg
603KB, 1643x678px
>>
File: Rhodesia-2.jpg (620KB, 1643x678px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia-2.jpg
620KB, 1643x678px
>>2716901
>>
>>2714792
Life quality didn't just drop because they became more religious you dunce.
>>
File: 1457611255896.jpg (50KB, 599x478px) Image search: [Google]
1457611255896.jpg
50KB, 599x478px
>>
>>2715678
>there were x amount of good places while everything else is bad
>now there's x-y amount of good places and comparable bad places but don't worry this isn't regression at all
>>
>>2716863
>Russians ruin literally everything
>people blame America because America is infested with hippies
>>
>>2717077
Thats what happens when ebil colonizers leave third world shitholes on their own. Expect the same with the West.
>>
>>2715678
Is that guy laying on the mat getting sucked off?
>>
>>2715848
>"Hey, Westerners, look at all this crazy shit we're doing. Watch me blow up this 1,000 year old temple. Watch me chop this reporter's head off. Watch us run over an 11-year-old Swedish girl in your streets. We're doing this because you're infidels and the Prophet told us to.
>"Oh, you poor thing, this isn't because of Islam. We made you do this :("

Literally kill yourself. By your logic no ideology can be blamed for anything bad if they at any point tolerated it in the past.
>>
>>2715848
Iconoclasm is a pretty significant element of historical Islam; however, it was also one of the facets that didn't always get imported into new cultures. The Persians, for example, kept a lot of their artwork despite Islam being against the depiction of peoples and animals. In more serious interpretations, any image qualifies as an idol. There's a reason why historical depictions of Muhammad in the Islamic world tend to come from the fringes in Persia and the Steppes.

In more modern contexts, hardline Salafists and Wahabbis have adopted strict views against anything that might lead to idolatry. The Hedjaz used to have a significant culture of pilgrimages and shrines to the companions of the prophet, but the Saudis destroyed much of that after annexing the region. I recommend looking up the wiki page on the destruction of early Islamic heritage sites in Saudi Arabia to grasp the scale and scope of these practices; in the 1900's, they even attempted to destroy the tomb of Muhammad before caving to international Islamic pressure.
>>
>>2717142
This. People act like all of this shit Muslims are doing now is new. It's not. It's been happening slowly for a thousand years.

Honestly I blame the Saudis for all of this shit. The Middle East was so much more comfy before that fucking Synagogue of Satan appeared
>>
File: 14812311627.png (901KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
14812311627.png
901KB, 1008x672px
>>2717086
>people who post this still don't understand that the picture on the right are Soviets and the propaganda was made before the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact
>while the person on the right is a slav, he is not a communist

If you want to bash fash, tryharder.
>>
>>2716902
That's Portuguese Angola.
>>
>>2715983
why did they give up the sinai then?
>>
>>2717302
It's Mozambique though isn't it?

Funny thing about that pic is that in the area there were two hotels/resorts nearby (why? I dunno). The one in those pics got much less patrons vs the other one so it ended up getting shutdown due to lack of tourists but I'm gonna be honest.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.