[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to change a people/culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: akato-yamamoto8.jpg (870KB, 1112x1280px) Image search: [Google]
akato-yamamoto8.jpg
870KB, 1112x1280px
How do you directly change/guide a culture?

In the culture I live in, I am tired of our complete lack of discipline in regards to resource use (which is killing us), the NIMBY's, the hyper partisanism, the lack of any prudence when establishing political stances and actions, the "fuck you I got mine" ideology, the stranglehold that mass media has on my culture, the isolation, the death of most old traditions without any real replacements, the fact that people scream for secession whenever elections don't go their way regardless of party, the racial/ethnic divisions, the rural urban divisions and much more.

I am exhausted, and I don't want my homeland to continue like this. I need to know how to salvage this. I want to be able to effect widespread change in my culture but I don't know how to do it. Does it have to be through organized movements? Can a single novel or book change the course of a people (or even a series of books)? How far will one man even get you here? I know I can't just wait for the inevitable collapse cause even that doesn't solve the fundamental problems, and it's generally what we are trying to avoid.

What do?
>>
>>2714499

If you have no money/power, you might have a tough time. Just try to improve the lives of the people you love. Culture starts at kinship.
>>
Build up diplomacy power and invest in culture changes.
>>
>>2714553
Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question but what do you mean by "building diplomacy power"? Do you mean getting involved in politics, or social organizations?
>>
>>2714617
It was a EU 4 reference. A joke if you will
>>
>>2714623
I thought it might be a game reference but it sounded enough like political science jargon to make me second guess. So good job.
>>
File: lemmings1.png (2MB, 1468x7317px) Image search: [Google]
lemmings1.png
2MB, 1468x7317px
>>2714499
Read up on William Luther Pierce's Lemming Principle.

Basically collapse our civilization/society and the plebs will basically do what you want if you provide them with gibs (food, shelter, luxuries etc.)

Obviously you would have to lead by example.
>>
>>2714655
That would definitely work, although I would worry about our ability to control the social change in that sort of scenario. Also I'm not sure about the general mistrust he seems to have for most people, though perhaps that's the mindset you have to have in this field.
>>
>>2714655
>90% of humanity is retartet
>b-but not me :)

This is just feel good bullshit for people that think they are clever.
>>
>>2714817
>no rebuttal
wow look u r wrong I am right, sure am clever.
>>
>>2714817
>>2714817
You say "retaret" I say "rational self interest".
>>
>>2714499
A systematic approach would be to observe what influential people do, how they live etc. and copy that. You cant change the world on your own.
Money is what you need, either you make a lot of money on yourself or you find people who support you/your cause, a party or something, or rich influential people. Look at how George Soros asserts his interests for example.
And you need to know how people tick, how peoples minds work and how you can manipulate them. Those tricks you can also learn from the people who have them in use.

And of course you need your network of like-minded people. Not peasants but influental people who know how the world is running.

I think, having the right idea in which the world must go is fairly easy, but communicating is the difficult part. I dont think a novel or something would be of any help, if theres only written what most of the people already know. Communicating ideas is the crucial, difficult part.
>>
>>2714817
>>90% of humanity is retartet
>>b-but not me :)
While I may not agree with Pierce's sentiment it does outline one major factor of social change. When you want people to move away from a system you can't just tell them to quit it without having an equally as good or better system ready to go and the old system has to look like shit in comparison.

>>2715022
This is pretty informative. The only problem is actually getting an organization together, especially when one doesn't have a lot of existing social connections.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.