[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who brought peace to Europe, NATO or the EU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: NATO or EU.jpg (460KB, 2048x1380px) Image search: [Google]
NATO or EU.jpg
460KB, 2048x1380px
Who brought peace to Europe, NATO or the EU?
>>
File: 367px-fascist_eagle-svg.png (73KB, 367x351px) Image search: [Google]
367px-fascist_eagle-svg.png
73KB, 367x351px
>>2714268
Pax Americana.

They brought us peace, they brought the world EVERYTHING, in the 20th century. Despite living in the old world I am an American in spirit, just like you previously had Romans everywhere. I love the acceleration we have been experiencing in technology and the arts (film, electric/electronic music, interactive art) especially, even political progress (CIA, NSA, US Army) is apparent if you ignore the humanitarian foreground: perhaps liberal egalitarians and prudish luddite reactionaries alike will eventually be rounded-up and silenced, and this gaping hole in ressentiment will instead be replaced with the desire for an American emperor, one who will realize the goal that /bleibt der Erde treu/.

Praise Rome, Praise America.
>>
>>2714268
The soviets
>>
File: 477px-Castle_Romeo[1].jpg (38KB, 477x599px) Image search: [Google]
477px-Castle_Romeo[1].jpg
38KB, 477x599px
>>2714268
This did
>>
>>2714268
I'd say both. NATO and the US provided the "big stick" to keep europeans in line and prevent them from doing something stupid again, while the EU slowly created the economical ties that makes the idea of a new European war contrarian to the interests of most States in Europe. IMHO for a long time both the NATO and the EU worked in synergy to assure peace in Europe, with NATO being the biggest player in the early years and the EU growing in importance as time passed..
>>
>>2714268
EU did NOTHING to keep the peace in Europe that is simply a myth created by the globalists.
>>
>>2714268
The existence of nuclear weapons
>>
>>2714357
Fools think that emperors are great. Wise men understand that emperors are a symptom of hidden rot. Authoritarianism is the fever of a sick nation, an attempt to correct subtle problems by brute force. When broadly-based civil institutions are strong and foreign policy is astute, there is no need for imperial structures.
>>
File: 1492318389275.jpg (30KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1492318389275.jpg
30KB, 310x310px
>>2714357
>Despite living in the old world I am an American in spirit
>>
>>2714268

Neither, WW1 & 2 brought peace to Europe just as the Wars of Religion brought peace to Christianity.
>>
>>2715802
This
>>
The EU brought internal peace through mutual benefit via commerce, NATO brought external security for this to develop.

And now we have a fat and peace loving Europe. Wait, why did we want this again?
>>
File: c07.png (157KB, 926x372px) Image search: [Google]
c07.png
157KB, 926x372px
>>2714357
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.