[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why all cultures in history discriminated women? Every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: woman.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
woman.png
3KB, 225x225px
Why all cultures in history discriminated women? Every single country treated them as second class citizens before white betacucks forced the equality meme.
>>
>>2714067
Discriminated or protected? A pedestal is not actually confining, especially when it was ractually dangerous to go outside. Additionally, women have historically ridiculous power inside the home. In ages when the household was an economic center, the lead woman can fire and hire people/slaves/servants/serfs at will, not the man. This power still carries over today in eastern societies though eroded by the realities of industrialization
>>
There were certainly societies that had different gender mores than other ones. The Byzantines were much less patriarchal than the Romans had been-- the basilea was exalted to a much higher importance than the wife of a Caesar ever was, and even in some respects played important roles. See Theodora I having a mural of her and Justinian side by side in Ravenna instead of being subordinate to him in the art, and Belisarius' whore wife bossing him around.
>>
>>2714261
What a cuck he was.
>>
>>2714261
The Arab, Persian, and Italian travelers I read about visiting the Byzantine empire said they gave women too much freedom and the men would be cucked constantly
>>
>>2714261
Sounds like heaven to me.
>>
>>2714067

So you're an expert on "all cultures in history?" Impressive.
>>
read Brehon law in Ireland.
>>
>>2714289
They said the same about the Crusader kingdoms. There is a 12th century account of an Arab traveller where he manifests his horror that not only a knight's wife was allowed to go out alone, but also could talk with other men. What barbarism, he said. On civilized places, women are locked away at home and when they had to leave, they could only do so completely covered up and accompanied by a male guardian.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.