[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was he such a shitty strategist? >inb4 autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why was he such a shitty strategist?

>inb4 autism
>>
>>2711789
he was a barely educated vagrant
>>
>>2711789
In retrospect he seems to be, but he didn't exactly have the benefit of hindsight when he was making his decisions.

For instance, he likely did not believe that the US would involve themselves in the European theater owing to their adoption of isolationist policies following WWI. He also could not know beforehand that his forces would be unable to quickly secure victory in Russia, or that Italy would prove to be such a useless ally in terms of their military power.
>>
>>2711789
>inb4 autism
op can't inb4
it was autism
>>
>>2711812

>or that Italy would prove to be such a useless ally in terms of their military power.

That's like picking the paraplegic special needs kid for your all-star basketball team and wondering why he isn't dunking
>>
>>2711812
No, it is not a matter of retrospect. He was a terrible strategist. Even his generals, although they would not dare speak it, that he was garbage, which he was.

He knew nothing of economics, and stunted industry. Both of these are relevant and necessary for strategy.
>>
Because he thought he knew better than actual strategists and ultimately he called the shots.
>>
>>2711836
underrated post
>>
>>2711836
Ummm can we please not have ableism here?
>>
>>2711789
missing testicle
>>
>>2711836
Was Italy really that obviously bad at the beginning of the war? I thought their navy was supposed to be on par with the British.
>>
>>2713120
their army was a complete joke

also part of his errors or bad decisions is when you are a messiah and leader of your country, reality becomes wrapped
i mean if someone says mein führer the jews in america wont just sit and watch us conquer europe, hitler will say but we will, but yes they will because communism is bad and america is closed up and brits will make peace with us and and and

and everyone would agree, what im trying to say: criticism and clashing different opinions weighted the same is needed to make a sound decision, dictators cant do that usually
>>
How did Italy fair in WWI?
>>
>>2711789
Because he got really lucky in france when he overrode conventional military wisdom and things turned out amazingly well

This made him waaaay overconfident in his abilities and gave his generals a ridiculous amount of faith in him. They denied it later on but they backed him all the through
>>
>>2713214
Stalemate with austria-hungary. They get memed on a lot but they didnt do too terribly all things considered
>>
He was an ideologically driven idiot.
>>
>>2713223
Rommel busted open the Italians and the central powers were marching towards Venice until the allies scrambled a few divisions from the western front to stop the advance
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.