[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: the battle.jpg (1MB, 1439x1920px) Image search: [Google]
the battle.jpg
1MB, 1439x1920px
Can you recommend me some fine comics with historical/historical fiction themes? Preferably with rich, detailed artwork.
>>
File: 13_14.jpg (434KB, 1000x1456px) Image search: [Google]
13_14.jpg
434KB, 1000x1456px
>>2708220
Throne of clay
>>
>>2708239
Look interesting, thanks very much
>>
File: cesare.jpg (99KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
cesare.jpg
99KB, 800x1144px
>>
File: 1b16902dd14835889f1dd8a60e604907.jpg (556KB, 1740x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1b16902dd14835889f1dd8a60e604907.jpg
556KB, 1740x1069px
Hox translated Sangokushi, Heureka and Alexandros and is working on Shiji and Historie.

Is he, dare I say, our guy?
>>
>>2708220
Kingdom - manga that retells the Warring States of China (before Qin unification) (large scale ancient chinese warfare)

Historie - manga that retells the story of Eumenes the secretary/general of Alexander the Great. (mysterious and captivating)

Vagabond - manga retelling of Musashi, the swordsman (beautiful/masterful story)

Vinland Saga - manga retelling of vikings and dane king Canute and his rise to power. (Intense viking fights)

Oyomegatari - manga telling a story of 19th century central asian bride (awesome art work)
>>
Asterix.
>>
>>2708253
>>2708254
>>2708257
thanks guys for propositions, I'm usually not into Mangas but I will sure check out these.
>>2708259
haha, that's my entire childhood.

Okay if someone's interested here's gems I found
"The Battle" - covering battle of Aspern/Essling of 1809
"The Eagles of Rome" - Arminius and Teutoburg forest
"The Jewish Brigade" - Jewish unit of British Army, right after ww2
>>
>>2708257
otoyomegatari*
>>
Corto Maltese.
It crosses over a bit to fantasy, but many of the events and people are real.

Blueberry.
Nicely researched western.

Buddha.
Manga about life and times of Buddha.
>>
>>2708274
thanks, will check it out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.