[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered this book, what can I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7429.jpg (47KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7429.jpg
47KB, 320x568px
Just ordered this book, what can I expect?
>>
Just stick to the Bible, you fucking loser
>>
>>2707006
Partial enlightenment
>>
>>2707006
If you're a fan of Leviticus you'll love it. a lot of it is just commentary on Torah law
>>
>>2707006
Depending on how cynical you are, a lot of keks.
>>
>>2707006
A bunch of Rabbis arguing with each other, some 2/3 of it boiling down to a polite Aramaic way of saying [citation needed]. Occasional interesting stories dispersed throughout, and some flat out weirdness.
>>
>>2707006

A lot of rabbi's talking about things.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>Torah
>Tanakh
>Talmud
>Old testament
>>
>>2707006
Bunch of boring and irrelevant bullshit, jacking off is a better use of time imo
>>
>>2707599
Torah is part of the Tanakh (namely, the five books of Moses.)

"Tanakh" is an acronym for Torah, Nevi'im (Prophets) and Kethuvim (Wisdom literature). Collectively, this is known as the Old Testament to Christians.

The Talmud is a separate body of work which is rabbis arguing with each other, over the course of hundreds of years, on the law as revealed in the Torah.

The Old Testament is the Christian name for the Tanakh. The Catholic Old Testament includes books that the Jews don't include in the Tanakh; the Protestant Old Testament pares it down to just the Tanakh (again, only the books considered canonical by the Jews.)

I was raised Jewish and it took me way too long to figure this out. Reform Judaism:Judaism::Mainline Protestantism:Christianity. You don't learn shit.
>>
Isn't this the book that permits fucking babies?
>>
>>2707006
>"we're no longer special guise, fuck Jesus" D^*:
a bunch of writings by pissed off Jews that God came and justified the Gentiles.
>>
>>2707006
>not buying the full set:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Schottenstein-Talmud-English-Volumes/dp/1578190673/
>>
>>2707621
doesn't the talmud also cover the oral law?
>>
>>2707783
Yes, it does, my mistake.

t. bad jew
>>
>>2707630
No that's the Quran.
>>
>>>2707006
Depends on what shipping method you chose but generally arrival in 4 to 7 business days.
>>
>>2707006
Enjoy burning in hell forever, you judeaphilic faggot.
>>
>>2707006
Some pretty disturbing stuff (may be different from original Hebrew version)
>>
What does the Talmud actually say about Gentiles and Jesus christ
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.