[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection were necessary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

If Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection were necessary to the salvation of mankind and all who believe in him (and therefore ultimately a good thing)...

...then why-oh-why have there been historical resentment and hatred of the figures of Judas and the Jews and the Romans, those either directly or indirectly implicated in Christ's crucifixion? After all, the killers of Jesus, through their actions, literally made possible the salvation which Christians hold so dear.
>>
>>2705921
>then why-oh-why have there been historical resentment and hatred of the figures of Judas and the Jews and the Romans, those either directly or indirectly implicated in Christ's crucifixion?
but there isn't historical resentment of Romans due to this. the gospel accounts themselves try to wash pilate's hands of it and turn your hatred to Judas and the jews
>>
>>2705937

The question still stands, and can just as easily be directed at any of the three entities suggested in the OP. To sidestep one in favor of the other is thus a banality when the /real/ question remains active (and, by the way, un-answered as of yet) in any case.
>>
>>2705921
Generally people who did the Jew slaying like the Rhineland massacres don't care that much about the details of Christian theology or hate Jews for other reasons. I don't think anyone hates the Romans, they just look bad in reenactments because of the torture inflicted on Christ. It's hard to show someone whipping and impaling a man in a positive way.
>>
>>2705921
The people who brought about Christ's death had no knowledge of His sacrifice, they were just putting our Lord to death. Judas may or may not have known the plan, but he sold Jesus to the authorities for earthly treasures which was totally contrary to The Lord's teachings and unnecessary so I doubt there were good intentions there.
>>
Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come.

- Luke 17:1
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.