[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really such a good thing, from a Christian perspective,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: the-young-pope.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-young-pope.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
Is it really such a good thing, from a Christian perspective, that Christianity became "moderate"?

Wouldn't a more conservative, less tolerant, less ecumenical Christianity be better, from a certain perspective? Wouldn't that be a religion that truly focused on knowing God, rather than just codifying behavioral norms? Wouldn't a religion that believed it had the Truth be unafraid to call other religions wrong?
>>
>>2703559
T. jesus was a cuck.
>>
No, it's not a good thing. The concept of being "moderate" is essentially endeavoring to be like Pontius Pilate. Respectable enough guy, does his job, doesn't like to rock the boat or pick a side, forced into an evil act to protect his own hide. Welcome to modern western civilization.

Catholicism and Protestantism both have lost their way, because the people behind them lost their way. The hope now is for individuals to study the word of God, realize this, and pick a side. Finally pick a side, no matter how risky or "illogical" it seems to everyone else.
>>
>>2703559
I think our culture has PTSD from the thirty years so now we all agree to disagree just for the sake of peace.
>>
>>2703559
After a couple of wars of religion wreck your continent you either learn to annihilate the opposition or learn to make compromises.
>>
>>2703616
thirty years war*
>>
>>2703613
This

>“America, it is said, is suffering from intolerance-it is not. It is suffering from tolerance. Tolerance of right and wrong, truth and error, virtue and evil, Christ and chaos. Our country is not nearly so overrun with the bigoted as it is overrun with the broadminded.”

>“Tolerance is an attitude of reasoned patience toward evil … a forbearance that restrains us from showing anger or inflicting punishment. Tolerance applies only to persons … never to truth. Tolerance applies to the erring, intolerance to the error … Architects are as intolerant about sand as foundations for skyscrapers as doctors are intolerant about germs in the laboratory. Tolerance does not apply to truth or principles. About these things we must be intolerant, and for this kind of intolerance, so much needed to rouse us from sentimental gush, I make a plea. Intolerance of this kind is the foundation of all stability.”
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (30KB, 339x610px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
30KB, 339x610px
>>2703613
>Pontius Pilate.
>Respectable enough guy, does his job, doesn't like to rock the boat or pick a side, forced into an evil act to protect his own hide
>>
>>2703559
No it is not a good thing. This is precisely why I am converting to Catholicism. Protestant has no ultimate guard against the heresy of our time, relativism. Only the Church has the gall to claim objective truth consistently and with a historical ability and basis for doing so.

It is my hope and prayer that the next Pope will be more conservative. In either case, I trust the Spirit of God will safeguard the Church against error and despite the apparent cuckiness of the current pope, he still is the Roman Pontiff we must submit to.
>>
>>2703618
What's wrong with dying for the truth?
>>
>>2706699
You're dead at the end of it.
>>
>>2706129
>This is precisely why I am converting to Catholicism.
Catholicism is LITERALLY the moderate bit of Christianity. It has been that way ever since the 19th century. Wtf are you doing keeek.

You're better off sticking with a bunch of weirdo Protestant fundies who live in communes off-grid.
>>
>>2703559
No, it's not good. The whole point of the speech from the show is that while it's like something really diabolical, from a theological perspective its entirely sound. The director just played into expectations by making it initially appear ominous.
>>
what an absolutely fantastic show
>>
>>2703909
He's considered a saint in the Ethiopian church.
>>
Christ tells us not to be involved with government or to vote.

A dispute also arose among the disciples as to which of them would be considered the greatest. So Jesus declared, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those in authority over them call themselves benefactors. But you shall not be like them. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who leads like the one who serves. For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is not the one who reclines? But I am among you as the One who serves.

You are the ones who have stood by Me in My trials. And I bestow on you a kingdom, just as My Father has bestowed on Me, so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.