[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Generals thread anyone? Rate, Criticise, share whatever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

Great Generals thread anyone?

Rate, Criticise, share whatever.
>>
File: 220px-Mommsen_p265[1].jpg (20KB, 220x345px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Mommsen_p265[1].jpg
20KB, 220x345px
>>2700903
>>
File: 220px-Sargon_of_Akkad.jpg (28KB, 220x418px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Sargon_of_Akkad.jpg
28KB, 220x418px
>>2700903
He did it before it was cool.
>>
File: images (42).jpg (11KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (42).jpg
11KB, 201x251px
>>2700903
93% success rate
>>
>>2700903
Alexander anyone?
>>
>we don't have any primary sources of Cyrus's genius on the battlefield
feels bad man
>>
>>2700943

I can't see this sculpture now without thinking of that fat retarded seminigger cuck jewtuber fagbabby. It's like when an advert uses a piece of classical music, it should be illegal to associate your identity so closely to that of an historical figure.
>>
>>2700903
>>2700932
>>2700943
>>2701047
Are middle easterners the best generals?
>>
>>2702754
Well, don't know about that but I don't think anyone can argue against Khalid.
>>
>>2701047
>People still think Ali's portrait is Muhammad
>>
>>2700903
If you know about him and still think Rommel was a great general, get the fuck off this board.
>>
File: Suvorov_Alex_V.jpg (198KB, 1122x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Suvorov_Alex_V.jpg
198KB, 1122x1459px
Здpaвcтвyйтe
>>
>>2702874
>Implying that your base less statement counts for anything
>>
File: carthage.png (48KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
carthage.png
48KB, 250x145px
>>2702754
Hannibal wasn't middle eastern, seriously.
>>
>>2703299
Please note: North

AFRICA.
>>
>>2703299
He was probably of middle eastern descent.
>>
>>2703319
Most likely. Although doesn't Livy say that Hannibal's mother was Iberian?
>>
File: skanderbeg4.jpg (69KB, 448x323px) Image search: [Google]
skanderbeg4.jpg
69KB, 448x323px
Kind if underrated general, the only thing Albania has to be proud of. Fought against the Ottomans and Venetians by himself and won.
>>
>>2703425
Personally I have never heard of him, doesn't mena he is underrated just most people don't know about albanian history
>>
Khalid ibn al-Walid, the guy who effortlessly routed up every power in the region, including the otherwise undefeated Muhammed. Conqered Persia, Syria and the Caucasus.

Eventually became so powerful that the caliph feared he was surpassing Allah and was stripped of his rank, whereupon he re-enlisted in the army as a footsoldier yet still lived to die peacefully in retirement some time later.
>>
>>2703490
up there with other meme balkan general like vlad the impaler

in the end they all lost against the ottomans
>>
>>2703625
I mean they're notable people but it's hard to refer to those who made no expansion and then were conquered great generals.
>>
>>2703299
He was a Phoenician, so he was Middle Eastern.
>>
>>2703635
he was born like 400 years after the fall of Phoenicia.

and he was Carthaginian not Phoenician. Genetically he was probably a Cannanite.

Carthage became independent long before he was born

Was Obama kenyan or american, was hitler Austrian or German.
>>
File: jan zizka z trocnova.jpg (30KB, 354x517px) Image search: [Google]
jan zizka z trocnova.jpg
30KB, 354x517px
>started from scrap, as a common thief
>became a general that fought back HRE's crusades
>never defeated
>doesn't use pussy sword but badass mace
>has badass eyepatch
>>
Take it with a spoonful of salt but here's a great guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bai_Qi
>>
>>2703624
Yup. Muhammad only.lost twice. Once to Khalid and once he just left because he made peace with the enemy. So basically he just lost once.
>>
>>2703624
Also, Caliph Umar dismissed him because the armies list morale without Khalid leading them and he didn't retire, he was fired for giving a Persian poet 80,000 Dirhams for praising him. So Umar said that either he had been corrupt or Extravagant. He didn't steal the money from the state but he was still removed from the army for extravagance after which he said farewell to his special Reserve Cavalry and spent a peaceful life on a small farm with his wife.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.