[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /his/ tell me about Gnosticism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0319.jpg (703KB, 1690x2720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0319.jpg
703KB, 1690x2720px
What can /his/ tell me about Gnosticism?
>>
>>2697956
Pic related is not gnostic
Actually looks pretty mainstream Catholic accounting of how the mind works
Note the Latin
and the Triune God
>>
It got pretty close to understanding that Jesus came preaching cosmic consciousness.
>>
>>2697956
A vague label applied by outsiders to a bunch of different religious movements.
>>
>>2697956
I don't know, man, talk to them.
8ch net fringe
>>
>>2697956
Gnostics were fun but ultimately antisocial. Gnosis is great for spiritual small cult, not for day-to-day practice for milions of people. Also anti-body stance is wrong for society, women and science.
With all that said, gnosticism works pretty well when associated with more positive worldviews like Christianity or neoplatonism.
>>
>>2697992
Tell me more, please.
>>
Some weird bumfuck lovechild between christfaggotry and neoplatonism.
>>
You have the Father (who can't be described in words) and from him, various aeons are created. One of these aeons, Sophia, creates without her partner and it comes out an ignorant being known as the demiruge. This demiruge than creates matter. We are traped in matter and need to transcend it. Christ (the Son of the Father) comes down to earth in order that we may have a path to escape matter and a teacher to guide us to the Father.

Unlike Christianity (which places an emphases on faith) Gnosticism places an emphases on knowledge and understanding.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.