[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Khan'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8

Just how Khan'd is modern day China.

To what extent was damaged by the start of the Ming.

By the end of the Qing was China pretty much Khans?
>>
File: Dorgon.jpg (85KB, 438x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dorgon.jpg
85KB, 438x599px
>>2692436
>Qings,
>Khan
Not at all considering the Manchus didn't see themselves as steppeniggers, and more like Chinese-style nobility. They're ancestors WERE the steppeniggers- the Jurchens- but ever since they established the Jin Dynasty near the end of the Song Period, they've been playing at being settled people who lived in cities or tilled the land (though at north they were still semi-nomadic).

They had more in common with Korea and Vietnam than the Mongols, who they also saw as barbarians.
>"You Mongols raise livestock, eat meat, and wear pelts. My people till the fields and live on grain. We two are not one country and we have different languages."- Nurhaci.
>>
File: Manchu Language.png (36KB, 272x530px) Image search: [Google]
Manchu Language.png
36KB, 272x530px
>By the end of the Qing was China pretty much Khans?
More like Manchus & Mongols being Chink'd
>>
>>2692470
>10 Native speakers remaining.
JUST.
>>
>>2692462

Their clothing.

Their writing.

How the fuck were they not Steppe niggers lol

Literally identical to Mongol culture pic related
>>
File: 20140825_life_fashion2.jpg (73KB, 486x735px) Image search: [Google]
20140825_life_fashion2.jpg
73KB, 486x735px
>>2692488

Chinese is 100% Khan'd
>>
File: ShenyangPalaceChina5_zps1d2527c6.jpg (122KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ShenyangPalaceChina5_zps1d2527c6.jpg
122KB, 1024x683px
>>2692488
>Their clothing.
Nope.jpg.
>Their writing
I'll give you that but their literati used classical Chinese.
>How the fuck were they not Steppe niggers lol
Simple.

They lived in Manchuria, which was not steppes, had farms, and cities. Also a government that wasn't based on muh Khanz and tribalniggery, but with a monarch overseeing a Chink style bureaucracy.

Again: their ancestors, the Jurchens, were the Steppeniggers. They invaded Northern China during the close of the 1100s. They founded the Jin Dynasty in an attempt to become Imperial Chinks. Then the Mongols BTFO them out, then they lived under the Yuan Dynasty, then they became subjects of the Ming Dynasty, then they revolted, for a short while became their own thing, until Ming China collapsed and they had a shot at the title of becoming an Imperial Chink Dynasty, then became Chinese Emperors.

There's literally 500 years separating the Manchus from steppeniggery.
>>
File: Aisin-Gioro Qixing 04.jpg (18KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
Aisin-Gioro Qixing 04.jpg
18KB, 320x214px
>>2692436
Only thing the Manchus gave China is a dress and a stupid haircut.

Meanwhile Chinese culture simply swallowed the Manchus until they were nothing but Confucius-spouting Scholar-gentlemen or funny peasants in clan villages.

Nowadays some of the Manchu are part of the Han identity only because they spoke Mandarin. Currently in China's censuses there's 10 million Manchus, but there's probably more considering the basis of someone being Manchu in today's China is if you have a Manchu name. Meanwhile some people who are considered "Han" living in Heilongjiang, Liaoning, and Jilin are probably ethnically Manchu, it's just hard to distinguish because they have a Chink name and spoke Mando.
>>
>>2692518
Their ancestors were Steppe niggers and they brought Steppe niggers culture with them.

You think Anglos stopped being G*rmanic culturally when the crossed the sea?

I'm talking about actual cultural impact of the Manchu and Mongols, now how they saw themselfs.

How much Confucian culture was destroyed?

Did Chinese values change?

Was there phonetic influence on development of madarin?

Any genetic impact on China?

They obviously made Steppe Qipao type clothing replace native Chinese kimono type clothes
>>
File: Qianlong in Armor.jpg (571KB, 1200x1674px) Image search: [Google]
Qianlong in Armor.jpg
571KB, 1200x1674px
>>2692556
Ok.
>I'm talking about actual cultural impact of the Manchu and Mongols, now how they saw themselfs.
tl;dr: Manchus saw themselves as Chinese 3 generations after their conquest. Mongols meanwhile more than Manchus, tried to separate themselves from their subjects. The Yuan Emperor was also Mongol Great Khan, while the Qing Emperor was just that.
>How much Confucian culture was destroyed?
Not at all considering both Mongs and Mans turned to Confucianism to help rule over the Chinks. The Qing period was founded during the era of Neo-Confucian revival after all.
>Did Chinese values change?
For some funny reason, the absorption of Mongols and Manchus to Chink imperial identity enlarged their heads more than destroyed it.
Even if the Mongols were the first people to conquer China in its entirety, the sight of seeing your barbarian ruler learn your ways doesn't do much to change your thinking.
>Was there phonetic influence?
Yeap, mostly Manchu words though. However much of Mandarin was influenced by the Nanbeichao Period as opposed to either of the foreign dynasties.
>Any genetic impact on China?
Obviously. Consider the Manchus Aristocracy literally sponsoring race mixing.

>A mass marriage of Han Chinese officers and officials to Manchu women numbering 1,000 couples was arranged by Prince Yoto and Hong Taiji in 1632 to promote harmony between the two ethnic groups.[93] To promote ethnic harmony, a 1648 decree from the Shunzhi Emperor allowed Han Chinese civilian men to marry Manchu women from the Banners with the permission of the Board of Revenue if they were registered daughters of officials or commoners or the permission of their banner company captain if they were unregistered commoners. It was only later in the dynasty that these policies allowing intermarriage were done away with.[94][95]
And it was only done away with because frankly by the 1700s there's little to separate Manchu and Han Chink subjects.
>>
>>2692612

I'm in Japan, but if not for the Steppe people influenced, why are Chinese so culturally different?

For example I always bow. It's instinctual to have some kind of omotenashi.

But Chinese don't seem to have manners or even bow.

I don't think it's communist influence since none communist Chinese have similar behavior.
>>
>>2692612
Are you Chinese? You seem to put way too much emphasis on the han men + Manchuria women thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.