[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Japan part of the Axis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 706imperal-japanese-flag.png (3KB, 298x202px) Image search: [Google]
706imperal-japanese-flag.png
3KB, 298x202px
What did Germany gain out of bringing Japan into the axis? What did Japan being allied with Germany?

They never helped each other or anything so it seems kinda pointless and just ended up being an exuse for the USA to declare war on Germany.
>>
Why was Italy?
>>
>>2691852
Germany declaring war on the US was the excuse for the US to declare war on Germany
>>
>>2691852
They just declared they wouldn't attack each other for 10 years.
>>
hitler swas awful at choosing and finding allies, just try to ignore it.
>>
>>2691860
US never declared war on Germany
>>
germany gained someone for USA to focus on for a few months instead of fully commiting to helping out in europe
>>
>>2692222
>Seventy-Seventh Congress of the United States of America; At the First Session Begun and held at the City of Washington, on Friday, the third day of January, 1941.

>JOINT RESOLUTION Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Government of Germany and the Government and the People of the United States and Making Provisions To Prosecute The Same

>Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

>(Signed) Sam Rayburn, Speaker of the House of Representatives
>(Signed) H. A. Wallace, Vice President of the United States and President of the Senate
>Approved December 11, 1941 3:05 PM E.S.T.
>(Signed) Franklin D. Roosevelt
>>
>>2692260
Surely you mean 1942.
>>
>>2692224
The exact opposite happened. The US was committed to winning in Europe before turning around and destroying whatever was left of Japan.
>>
>>2692267
Nigger, I didn't write it and no I don't think they do.
>>
>>2692273
Oh, I am dumb, that's just when the session of Congress sat, you can see the actual date of the DOW on the bottom. Doh.
>>
Japan needed land for there growing population, but countries didn't like that so war and stuff

I think.
>>
Germany needed someone to stop Soviet from the east.
Japan wanted pacific countries where allied nations colonized.
>>
>>2691852

>What did Germany gain out of bringing Japan into the axis?

They had similar values and mutual enemies. Simple as that.
>>
>>2691860
That doesn't tell why they were apart of the axis.
>>
Autism.

Germany would have been better off maintaining its alliance with China.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.