[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deforestation of south-east Asian rainforests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Rfo.jpg (321KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
Rfo.jpg
321KB, 780x520px
How big of an impact does cutting down rain-forests in favor of plantations have on the economy of a south-east Asian country? Are those countries shooting themselves in the foot by selling land containing rain-forest to foreign companies?
>>
>>2691669
they get tax money from those foreign companies
>>
>>2691676
Is it worth it tho
>>
>>2691684
It is to me.

I want my Tokyo Olympics built with endangered tropical forest wood.
>>
>>2691688
But muh environment
>>
>>2691699
Most science shit that's useful in products you can get from the forests get taken by companies either way and the natives get jackshit nothing since their public knowledge and expertise becomes private/patented. See how comp sci and computer shit turned from an open field into the state it is now.
>>
>>2691699
Fuck the environment
>>
>>2691669
The liberalization of capital and markets in export countries by state-capitalist interests that in turn have protectionist economics intervening in the market for industry, like the USA. Basically results in the people of the country losing most if not all of their wealth and their agency. The capital is then funneled through international finance into the pockets of the elite with help from the state. Meanwhile the proletariat living in America, the place with the highest level of wealth inequality is living as a money laundry acting as a wage slave and buying debt, petrol, and the products of the before mentioned stolen capital
The ecological consequences are by far the most disturbing, and are greatly diminishing our chances for survival.
South east Asia is obviously already suffering, look at sub Saharan Africa, Central/south America, Haiti, the oceans, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
>>
industrialization
>>
>>2691669
The south east asian rainforests have a larger effect on the global climate than either the amazon or the congo rainforests. In climatology they call the area the marine continent. But locally it'll have the effect of reduced winds carrying away pollution and smog as well as reductions in humidity leading to reduced crop yields which will probably hit Thailand pretty hard cos they export shit tonnes of food.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.