[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me more about the Bulgarian Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 28

Tell me more about the Bulgarian Empire
>>
most of their achievments were made by vlachs
>>
>>2691060
It was shit.
>>
>>2691060
United different tribes to fight the Byzantines. Then used Byzi scholars, architects etc. to create cities, religion, army etc. Spread the Cyrillic to other Slavs, achieved autonomous orthodox church. Collapsed when the Byzantines invited the Kievan Rus and then poked their eyes.

t. Bulgar from Thrace
>>
File: Garbage Fire.jpg (361KB, 1257x731px) Image search: [Google]
Garbage Fire.jpg
361KB, 1257x731px
>>2691060
>"Having crushed the Bulgarians, Basil exerted his vengeance by cruelty - he was said to have captured 15,000 prisoners and blinded 99 of every 100 men, leaving one one-eyed man in each cohort to lead the rest back to their ruler. Samuel was physically struck down by the dreadful apparition of his blinded army and died two days later, on 6 October 1014, after suffering a stroke"
It was a wretched place, dirtbags got what was coming to 'em
>>
>>2691080
vlachs are just latin speaking bulgarians
>>
>>2693005
It's not like said Empire didn't rescue the Byzantiboos from the Arabs who were about to rape and pillage Constantinople, and 300 years later again aiding the Byzies killed the the majority of the leaders of the 4th crusade along with Baldwin I of Flanders
>>
True origins was finno turcic invaders building an empire
>>
>>2693455
>>2693005
Byzantium/Bulgaria was a love/hate relationship

pretty much same as modern Greece/Bulgaria, periods of slaughtering each other like dogs and periods of mutual lovefest
>>
>>2693478
Stay deluded Turk
>>
>>2691060
'Vacuum' empire that arose in the absence of anything more meaningful.
>>
>>2693904
>what are the Byzantines, Arabs, Goths and Franks
>>
>>2693912
Spartan outposts.
>>
>>2693915
>Spartan
What?
>>
>>2693904
>'Vacuum' empire that arose in the absence of anything more meaningful.
???

like what?
>>
>>2693399
That's why today there are almost 27 million vlachs and only 5,5 million bulgarians
>>
>>2693987
>5.5 million
Actually since you stated the total world wide population of 25 million, the total population of Bulgarians is 11.5 million. Still not as much but please don't cherry pick facts to better suit your arguments
>>
>>2693987
more like ~12 million bulgarians and ~250,000 vlachs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromanians
>>
>>2694009
I really hope that you don't count all the turks and gyppos .
>>2694014
kek.
>>
File: 1438170408689.png (845KB, 1598x960px) Image search: [Google]
1438170408689.png
845KB, 1598x960px
Are romanians the worst posters on 4chan?

i think yes
>>
>>2694018
>I really hope that you don't count all the turks and gyppos .
he already counts them as romanian
>>
>>2694024
As long as they continue to livge in bulgaria, you can call them as you please.
>>
>>2694036
theres about 20 million of them in romania and about half a million in bulgaria
>>
>>2694040
Did the mean old gypsy stole your sweetroll?
>>
>>2694018
Nigger you were using our alphabet till the 19th century, stop trying hard to be latins.
>>
>>2694048
>our alphabet
> not a copy paste of the greek alphabet
>>
>>2691060
>oh sweet a bulgar thread
>nope, its a gypsy thread

Romanians please go.
>>
>>2691060
TPI MOPETA
>>
>>2691060
WE
>>
>>2694047
he stole my mekitsa
>>
File: JEJ.jpg (4KB, 192x144px) Image search: [Google]
JEJ.jpg
4KB, 192x144px
>>2693005
>he was said to have captured 15,000 prisoners and blinded 99 of every 100 men
>MFW
>>
File: THIRD BULGARIAN EMPIRE.png (147KB, 1629x761px) Image search: [Google]
THIRD BULGARIAN EMPIRE.png
147KB, 1629x761px
...someone call the 911...
>>
gyppos get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
What the fuck does tri moreta mean?
>>
>>2694138
"three seas" as in bulgaria extended on the three shores of the balkans, that's what it means to bulgarian nationalists

on 4chan it's a forced meme so ignore it
>>
>>2694138
WE WUZ
>>
>>2694154
>Gypsy
>>
>>2694158
>bulgayrian
>>
Continuously managed to outplay the Byzantine Empire for centuries. Sometimes through wit, sometimes through sword(Krum, Simeon the Great). The reason they respect is that unlike most states around them, we actually developed to a higher level(closer to that of the ERE) and managed to punish them frequently. In the end we fell due to internal strife and crafty byzantine politics(nothing wrong with realpolitik, just saying). Still, Tzar Samuel led a total war for fourty years, making them exhaust all their resources against us. Bazil the Great even said that: "Conquring the bulgarians was my greatest deed. Thread lightly around them." The following emperors did not and we ended up rebelling a centuary and a half later, usurping their place as the strongest force in the Balkans.

If any has any questions, I'll answer them.
>>
>>2694081
christ
>>
>>2694081
Bulgaria has been ruled by the ottomans for centuries and has ~15% muslims

Germany and England achieved that number in just 10 years
>>
>>2694081
>that population decline
jesus
>>
>>2694228
the wonders of modern "western" ""civilization""
>>
>>2694178
>we actually developed to a higher level(closer to that of the ERE)

This is true to some extent, though Bulgaria has literally been a depressing shithole ever since.

I would even go as far as saying that the Bulgarians were more of a threat to the Empire than the Arabs even were in the long run.
>>
>bulg
>arian
>empire
t. True Roman Pavlopolous
>>
>>2694178
Why do you think romanians are romanised bulgarians?
>>
>>2694269
Nah, I wouldn't say we were a shithole since then. Our third state has been successful. Times only became hard following our second 'liberation' - 1989. Commie times fucked us in the long run and following 'transition' only did further damage. However, not all hope is lost.

Also, we were their main foe on the European theater. The first byzantine prince to have wed outside of the ERE was married to our boy Tzar Peter.
>>
>>2694302
Not all of them, but those along the coust of the Dunav certainly are. Up until their 'national revival' phase, they spoke a bulgarian dialect. Their entire language has been built on the idea of replacing slavic words with latin ones. The southern part of Romania has also historically been part of our lands(especially Northen Dobrudja)
>>
>>2694407
>idea of replacing slavic words with latin ones
Like what? Can you give me some examples?
>>
File: Romanian cyrillic.gif (2KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
Romanian cyrillic.gif
2KB, 324x216px
>>2694302
It's a meme, Romanians are just Romanians

>>2694435
Before the 1850s Romanian vocabulary was majority slavic, although the core vocab was latin(kind of like english and how it's majority latin, but core germanic)

after that they reformed their language, they replaced cyrillic with latin(similar to the italian writing system) and a huge part of the slavic(and maybe other) words were replaced with french, italian and latin words

they are definitely a latin speaking people, but with strong slavic(bulgarian in particular) influence
>>
File: 654654.jpg (83KB, 600x289px) Image search: [Google]
654654.jpg
83KB, 600x289px
>>2694269
>depressing shithole
Bulgaria is pretty comfy country with nice weather, set with green mountains and forests, water flows from everywhere, good, healthy cuisine, ardent people who socialize regularly. Whats depressing about that?
>>
File: ethno.jpg (272KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
ethno.jpg
272KB, 700x467px
>>2694504
IMO the rest of the balkans were way more depressing in the past

Bulgarian towns were always comfy, while serbs and romanians up north lived in wooden huts
>>
>>2694504
>Whats depressing about that?

Since you joined the EU 150,000 of you have come to my shitheap of a country. That can only suggest that things are pretty atrocious in Bulgaria.
>>
>>2694482
This is a romanian fragment from 1581.please point out the bulgarian words.
>''că văzum cum toate limbile au și înfluresc întru cuvintele slăvite a lui Dumnezeu numai noi românii pre limbă nu avem. Pentru aceia cu mare muncă scoasem de limba jidovească si grecească si srâbească pre limba românească 5 cărți ale lui Moisi prorocul si patru cărți și le dăruim voo frați rumâni și le-au scris în cheltuială multă... și le-au dăruit voo fraților români,... și le-au scris voo fraților români''
>>
>>2694515
I`ve traveled around the Balkans a lot and desu everywhere is pretty much the same. People are great. The golden middle between northern robots who have to make an appointment to go to resturant with their friend one month prior and the lazy southerners.
>>
Idk man I like it here.
>>
>>2694530
Man i don't care about your autism, it's a historic fact that Romanian has been purified

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language#Lexis

>43% recent Romance loans (mainly French: 38.42%)
>20% inherited Latin
>11.5% Slavic, including Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, Ukrainian, and Russian
>>
File: Romanian-kirilitza-.jpg (163KB, 958x274px) Image search: [Google]
Romanian-kirilitza-.jpg
163KB, 958x274px
>>2694482
Could you translate this for me?
>>
>>2694548
>it's a historic fact that Romanian has been purified
Show the proofs , nigga. Also, last I've heard from bulgarian circlejerkers the romanian language was modified in 18th century, not in fucking 16th century. And yet you can't even translate a shitty fragment.
>>
>>2694569
>>2694550
Imbeciles

Im not a bulgarian circlejerker

im simply stating a fact

english has a majority latin vocabulary, doesn't mean french and English can understand eachother

romanians prove yet again they are the WORST posters on 4chan
>>
>>2694178

>level of the ERE

Nigga the university of Cologne i am studying at was founded in 1388 and it isn't near the oldest university in west Europe. Where were your universities during 950-1396? Name one university, not a fucking church with monks that copy the bible.
>>
>>2694263
The wonders of ignorant and apathic masses and corruption on the higher level of the administrations.
Switzerland is also a ''modern western civilization''. Stop blaming everything else but yourselves.
>>
>>2694572
You fucking retard, every nation in the Balkans loaned some words from each other.

>english has a majority latin vocabulary, doesn't mean french and English can understand eachother

Romanian and french shares 40% of its words, but I can't understand the frog language.
>>
>>2694573
If im not mistaken university was founded in and only existed in catholic europe at the time, it didn't exist in the orthodox world
>>
>>2694584
yes and switzerland is also expiriancing an aging population

>>2694597
thats exactly my point you stupid low iq gypsy
>>
>>2694228
>cold war ends, iron curtain lifted
>a lot of people go live in the west

>join eu, open borders
>a lot of gypsies go leech off uk and germany

The birth and death rates aren't that different, people just moved elsewhere.
>>
>>2694435
I'm sure you can read up on that on your own.
>>
>>2694608
>>2694608
>Before the 1850s Romanian vocabulary was majority slavic although the core vocab was latin(kind of like english and how it's majority latin, but core germanic)

You fucking nigger, this is what you said.Romanian was never slavic, you inbred bulgarian shit.The only words we loaned were medieval shit like stirrup , grindstone and chisel and other nonsense shit for an industrial country., and you better believe that we have latin synonims for most of them, alas the slavic form was easier.And we borrowed not from bulgarians as you said , but from the entire plethora of slavic people, this including the serbs, and of course the croats , the poles and kievan russians and later the ukrainians and russians.

We didn't purged our language, the slavic words became obsolete.
>>
>>2694634
Read on what? Some regional words that some border faggots used in the Middle Ages?Words that aren't even mentioned in our earliest writings? And when did we switch from slavic to latin if I can read easily romanian books from the 16th century?I
>>
our short term neigbours
had a couple of wars all good
they tried to exterminate the serbs,cant blame them

also rangeban romanians
>>
>>2693481
>periods of mutual lovefest
wrong
there is never any love between Bulgarians and Greeks, only uncomfortable understanding
>>
>>2694786
Bulgarians were literally Greeks when the Ottomans came.
Bulgarian kings were wearing purple silks and sandals, bathing in perfumes, with golden earrings and bracelets hanging and carrying scepters. And of course accepting Greek Christianity.
A far cry from the leathery warlords that came several hundred years earlier and looked to the sky for guidance.
>>
>>2694679
kek, death to all gyppos
>>
>>2694803
>Bulgarians were literally Greeks when the Ottomans came.
greeks stopped existing when the romans BTFO'd them and assimilated them in 3 generations

there was an entity, it wasn't greece, because greece didn't exist, it had another name
anyways, the state doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>2695118
>greeks stopped existing when the romans BTFO'd them
American Education.
>>
>>2695130
Fuck off yuroshit.
>>
>>2693455

The Arabs couldn't breach the walls and were getting rekt by Byzantine raids and starvation, the Bulgars didn't even defeat them in that attack.
>>
>>2695163
And how come without doing nothing Tervel became an honorary citizen of Constantinople and got the title Caesar directly from Justinian II?
>>
>>2691120
It was pain in the ass
t. your ass?
>>
>>2694049
>greek alphabet
>Bulgarian alphabet
>>
>>2694530
This is a document from 1459 for establishing Bucharest from Vlad Tepesh. Written in Bulgarian. Fuck off
>>
>>2695130
He isn't American, he's a butthurt Bulgarian. In general they massively overrate how important medieval Bulgaria was, I've met quite a few.

In reality Bulgaria was culturally a Byzantine knock-off and its successes short-lived every time a worthwhile state (Byzantium, the Ottomans) concentrated their efforts on them.

Even the map in the OP is wrong.
>>
>>2695639
Slavonic, aka the Eastern Orthodox language is not Bulgarian you fucking mong. You might as well say Danes spoke latin because they used Latin in their official documents and churc service. What a retard.
>>
>>2695664
>worthwhile state
>ottomans

I have no idea what's going on here but if you wish to have any credibility whatsoever this really isn't the right way.
>>
>>2695680
>the country that ruled the Balkans, Anatolia, Middle East, Levant and Northern Africa for 3 centuries was not relevant
>>
>>2695680
The Ottomans were very successful early on and had a very interesting culture that actually went beyond just imitating the Byzantines and Arabo-Persians.

>>2695679
Yeah, Old Church Slavonic isn't Bulgarian. The Byzantines, Cyril and Methodius, started codifying that when the Bulgars were still Turkic and a separate entity from the Slavs.
>>
>>2695692
Bulgarians are a strange case. Like the Hungarians, they occupied a Slavic area and mixed with the locals to the point that they lost their genetic heritage altogether. Unlike the Magyars tho, they lost their language too. Any bulgaranon around to educate me on what pre-invasion words are left in Bulgarian and how related the original Bulgarians were to the Turks that conquered then 5 centuries later?
>>
>>2695705
What you mentioned happens a lot, it isn't that strange. Bulgarian has a few non-Greek old Balkan words, most of which probably came via Balkan Romance, a lot of Greek and Latin words and a lot of Ottoman Turkish ones. It barely has any Bulgar words, the Ottoman Turkish ones are much more.

The Oghuric Bulgars (linguistic ancestors of the Chuvash) were linguistically very different to the Oghuz Ottomans. In fact the Oghur/rest split is the earliest one in Turkic.
>>
>>2695714
I never heard about a Turkish split. Care to detail? Did this happen around the Eastern shores of the Caspian Sea as one group moved North towards the Steppes and the other South towards Persia?
>>
>>2695705
Other than the world "Bulgaria" absolutely none. As to how much we were related to the ottomans - probably very very much and I'll probably get lynched for saying it
>>
>>2695726
I don't get the lynching part, the Turkish peoples were fierce warriors and conquered both the Muslim and a good chunk of the Orthodox worlds.
>>
>>2695725
The prehistory of Turkic isn't entirely clear as with most major linguistic families but a basic split in Turkic languages is considered to be an -r vs -z one, hence even the ethnonyms Oghu-r and Oghu-z.

The early languages that appear in Western Eurasia like Hunnic, Bulgar, Khazar etc. seem to be of the Oghur variety (so some think it might have been an East vs West split). They have one modern descendant, Chuvash, which is usually considered to come from Old Bulgar.
>>
>>2695664
Bulgarians were slaves from 1500 up until 1878 when the russians and romanians gave them their freedom.
>>
>>2695639
>written in bulgarian
>top fucking kek.
>>
>>2695799
pretty much but 1400, not 1500
>>
Why do Romanians and Bulgarians fight so much? You realize the rest of us see you both as poor gypsies with barely any differences right? Kek.
>>
>>2695809
Because the poor gypsies have been fighting from the time you were climbing trees for bananas, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>2695809
Romanians are subhumans with no history and culture and enslaved by everyone and their mom, so they sperg out at any mention of the real countries that neighbor them like Hungary and Bulgaria

It's an inferiority complex they have, you'll notice them in any thread mentioning Hungary with their completely warped version of history.
>>
>>2695664
>bullshitting this hard
>>
>>2696116
>real countries like Hungary and Bulgaria.
Jesus fucking Christ,Hungary may be a country, but Bulgaria is just a turkish village with an amazing WE WUZ shithistory.
>>
>>2696116
You are unimaginably butthurt by a nation that has never pulled some shit on you except taking 2 counties that you got back 20 years later and they neve bothered you again over it. What is your problem in the end Hristo?
>>
>>2696116
Romanians died and gave you freedom from turkish cuckcoldry . Be more respectful,ottoman jizzrag.
>>
>>2696264
They want N. Dobrogea,even though there aren't any bulgarians in it.
>>
>>2696279
So it's an idiot's muh historical borders n shiet wet dream. I hate how many of these retards are on this board.
>>
I'm not Bulgarian but what the fuck are Romanians even doing in this thread? Why don't you start a thread for your own hist. Oh....
>>
>>2696307
WE
>>
>>2696409
WUZ
>>
>>2696675
DIRTY SHEPHERDS
>>
>>2694482
>It's a meme
Romanians are just a meme
>>
This is the 1st Bulgarian Empire thread I've seen on this board. Hungary and Bulgaria are the 2 most overlooked civilizations of Medieval Europe. I like how both of them were founded by wandering steppe-based peoples who stopped their raiding, converted to Christianity (Catholic for the Magyars, Orthodox for the increasingly Slavicized Bulgars), and became major powers.

It's unfortunate that both couldn't prevent their respective polities from Ottoman conquest (though Hungary held out much longer). Imagine if those 2 had been strong enough to unite and resist against the Turks?
>>
File: DSCF7516.jpg (301KB, 639x431px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7516.jpg
301KB, 639x431px
>>2695679
>Eastern Orthodox language
No such thing you fucking idiot. Its a Bulgarian dialect.
Pic related.
>>
>>2698220
weren't bulgarians roaches when they got to Europe?
>>
>>2698236
They still are.
>>
>>2695664
> how important medieval Bulgaria was
Yes it was. And because you are retarded and cant accept that you /Greeks, Serbs, Romanians/ where Bulgarian bitches since the fall of Bulgaria under Ottomans cant change that fact.
>short-lived every time
European oldest country with the same name.
East Roman Empire is gone.
Ottoman Empire is gone.
Soviet empire is gone.
Bulgaria is still here.
>>
>>2696267
Stop hallucinating, you didnt do shit, you were just an invasion base for he Russians and you got north dobruja for it.
>>
>>2698255
>invasion base.
Nigger,we led the joined forces.Read the fucking history,faggot.Meanwhile your women got raped so hard the westerners made dozens of paintings aboout it.
>>
>>2698250
And now it's a Molddova tier shithole. Deal with it.
>>
>>2698255
So?They got it from the turks.
>>
>>2696256
> a turkish village
Yes, it was. But before Ottomans conquer them /Bulgarians/ the First and Second Bulgarian Empires are major factors at Europe.
>>
>>2698276
You sure? You mother didn't think so...
>>
>>2698300
My mother also thinks that Bulgaria is a moldovan tier shithole..
>>
I had no idea of that there is so much cancer on this board
>>
>>2698255
Who won the war of 1878?
>>
>>2698309
Its the fucking gypsies.too bad we don't have flags.
>>
>>2698307
Everyone thinks that.
>>
>>2698307
>>2698313
Samefag.
>>
File: magura.jpg (64KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
magura.jpg
64KB, 800x551px
>>2698236
> they got to Europe
Long time before you, niger. Loooong time.
>>
>>2691060
>bulgarian thread
>promptly invaded by romanian gypsies
WHY?
>>
>>2698318
Kek.Whatever makes you sleep at night,roach.
>>
>>2698318
Wasn't the cyrrilic alphabet copied from the greek alphabet?
>>
>>2696267
Yes and we are greatfull that you did, hell there are monuments in your honour. But for crying out loud don't spread your bullshit about the First Bulgarian Empire which existed and disbanded centuries before there was even a mention of Romania or a principality of Wallachia. So stop being tryhards to claim historical heritage where there is none.
>>
>>2698307
You mom did't told everything. Ask her again. And fuck off
>>
>>2698328
Then where the fuck did thousands of vlachs came in the 13th century?You do know that vlachs made almost half of your empire?
>>
>>2698333
NO
O
>>
>>2698343
So basically you are saying that we rage against Bulgarians for the very same reasons they rage against the Ottomans?
>>
>>2698350
Fuck no. The Vlachs from Wallachia were mostly independent. That's why bulgarians never had cities in today's Romania. It was the moesian Vlachs that I talked about.
>>
>>2698250
WE
>>
>>2698398
WUZ
>>
>>2693987
>27 million vlachs
I hope you are not counting moldavians and transylvanians.
>>
>>2699131
You fucking retard , vlachs aren't the same thing as wallachians , you inbred retard.
>>
File: KaloyanInnocent.jpg (117KB, 652x241px) Image search: [Google]
KaloyanInnocent.jpg
117KB, 652x241px
>>2698345
Y E S
E
S
> Kaloyan, King of Bulgaria and Vlachia
>>
File: Basilios_II.jpg (54KB, 389x480px) Image search: [Google]
Basilios_II.jpg
54KB, 389x480px
>>2691060
Pests
>>
>>2694021
The sewer dweller looks pretty hot desu
>>
>>2699588
>Theodor-Peter and his brothers were mentioned as Vlachs in sources written in the late 12th and early 13th centuries,[12] but their ethnicity is subject to scholarly debates.[15][16] The presence of many ethnic groups in the lands to the south of the Lower Danube in the 12th century is well documented, thus they were most likely of mixed (Vlach, Bulgarian and Cuman) origin

KEK
E
K
>>
>>2691060
It's completely glossed over by our shitty proto-communist education system.
But then again so is everything between the Aurelian Retreat and the first records of Vallachian states.
Seriously they just skip over centuries of history so that's why you get retards like the ones shitposting and wewuzing in this thread.
You should hear the ones claiming that the Dacians invented the steam engine and had secret tunnel in the Carpathians and shit.
t.Romanian
>>
>>2699621
You really want me to believe that 150.000 bulgarians succesfully controlled a region bigger than a quarter of Europe? How ? how the fuck would they even control the hundreds of small villages on the top of the mountains? Would they send troops hundreds of miles north just to take taxes from a couple of sheepherders?
Because there aren't any bulgarian villages / cities North of Danube from what I know.
>>
>>2699668
Who the fuck says they did it alone? Empire implies different people under a common ruling. Valachs were part of that empire, stop wewuzing
>>
>>2699678
> carpathian wallachians would tax themselves and give the money to bulgarians.
Nigger, are you retarded?
>common ruling
How was that ruling enforced, retard?I never heard of bulgarian garrisons in Wallachia., not to mention Bukovina or Moldova.
>>
Replies 146 posters 36
The amount of (you) is staggering
>>
>>2699621
I really don't see the "shame" in having such a close history with us. Yes we mattered a little back then, regionally, we influenced the lands that are today Romania, ethnically and before that linguistically. Vlachs were an important part of the crown for centuries.

But today Romania is 3 times the population, 2 times the size, is a better country in almost every way, has better prospects. There is literally no reason to be a dick to your smaller southern neighbor like this guy, who apparently doesn't understand how times worked back then.>>2699668

There is material evidence, city names etc.
Also the number of bulgarians is debated. Apparently there were enough people to form 2 states. There's historical evidence of the Bulgarian state under Omurtag negotiating with the Franks over territories, so they shared a border.

Later the slavs living in those areas weren't all that different from the slavs living south of the Danube. A lot of modern day Romanian cities have slavic equivalent names. The state had religion, it had alphabet, it had language to unify the people somewhat.

And of course, what was Bulgarian back then depends on the period and on definitions of nationality. Since nations really arose much later.
>>
File: 1492560671123.png (865KB, 1960x1793px) Image search: [Google]
1492560671123.png
865KB, 1960x1793px
Time to end this. Haploshit assemble!
Do you see any difference between Bulgaria and Romania ?
>>
File: 1489325766385.png (791KB, 1360x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1489325766385.png
791KB, 1360x1244px
>>2699728
But I am a huge faggot, haploshits dont mean anything.
What about THE SAME FUCKIN autosomals?
>>
File: 1390845088513.png (1MB, 1026x833px) Image search: [Google]
1390845088513.png
1MB, 1026x833px
>>2699731
More haploshits
>>
File: journal.pone.0105090.g003.png (522KB, 3443x2283px) Image search: [Google]
journal.pone.0105090.g003.png
522KB, 3443x2283px
>>2699745
Same fuckin people.
>>
File: 1457021532889.png (96KB, 1295x286px) Image search: [Google]
1457021532889.png
96KB, 1295x286px
>>2699754
>>
>>2699777
>>2699754
>>2699731
saved these desu

the K=7 one is especially interesting
>>
File: troe-map7a.jpg (169KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
troe-map7a.jpg
169KB, 600x917px
>>2699777
And for linguistic fags.
http://onejive.com/28-romanian-foods-the-whole-world-should-know/
Smoked bacon – “Slănina afumată” - Slanina (Cлaнинa)
Cabbage rolls – “Sarmale” - Sarmi (Cъpми)
Bean soup with hocks – “Ciorba de fasole cu ciolan” - Chorba fasul s dzholan ( Чopбa фacyл c джoлaн)
Baked potatoes – “Cartofi copți” - Kartofi pecheni (Пeчeни кapтoфи)

So I am not saying itsa copy paste Bulgarian, but its pretty damn close to me to understand. How is this possible, if we are so different?
Why do we have the same religion, the same autosomal and haploshit, the same names for food, we look the same, BUT we are tottaly different people?
>>
File: 1461278508018.png (222KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461278508018.png
222KB, 1500x1200px
>>2699791
>>
>>2699708
I wouldn't bet on that "better country/prospects" at least you guys got your shit together enough to build a highway.
And as to why all the hate from idiots like that dude?
Like I said the communists pushed hard for the Latin people angle and scrubbed the history books like crazy.
The new oligarchs can't do a fucking thing right so the education system has gone from bad to worse achieving the performance of making 40% of the population illiterate.
But like everywhere else in the world cheap smartphones and data plans have given rise to meme history where even some brain dead peasant who still shits in outhouses still gets an influx of nationalist/russian propaganda/conspiracy theory memes and FB pages.
DESU most ppl here praise Bulgaria for the highway thing and for actually making a proper fucking seaside/beach industry to the point where they go to you instead of Greece now.
>>
File: 1448406273068.png (2MB, 2976x3629px) Image search: [Google]
1448406273068.png
2MB, 2976x3629px
>>2699791
>>2699791
Most of the genetics labs, don't even bother putting Romanians when Bulgarian samples are presented, because its the same fuckin shit. Same goes to Macedonians for obvious reasons.
>>
>>2699797
>Cartofi
Comes from german''kartofell''
>sarma
comes from turkish
>ciorba
the same
>slanina'
we use ''sunca'' more.
>beans
From greek-''fasoli''

Nice one faggot, you are dumber than a sack of shit.

>So I am not saying itsa copy paste Bulgarian
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>2699825
Then why the Serbians, Greeks and Ukrainians around us don't use the same names?
>>
>>2699805
>vlachs are just latin speaking bulgarians
>>Before the 1850s Romanian vocabulary was majority slavic
>Man i don't care about your autism, it's a historic fact that Romanian has been purified
>tri moreta shit
Nah, Bulgarians are cool dudes.
>>
>>2699797
not to attack you point but looking at linguistic roots in the balkans is an exercise in futility due to all the migrations, cultures and changing rulers and influences.
For example from your post:
Beans (en) Fasole (ro) Fasul (bg) Fagioli (it) Fasulye (turkish)
And i'm pretty sure in sicily or calabria it's also Fasule
Ciorba is also found in the turkish vocabulary so at the end of the day nobody really knows where the words came from and they shouldn't care.
>>
File: 1415597501458.jpg (4MB, 4895x3453px) Image search: [Google]
1415597501458.jpg
4MB, 4895x3453px
>>2699842
>>
>>2699854
thats not what i said in that post at all dude
>>
>>2699842
Dude, they use different forms like ''salo'' and ''kartoshka''. This doesn't mean that we copied your fucking language. These are loanwords , to which we also have synonims.
Examples only for potato-
bot.) (reg.) alună, bobâlcă, bologeană, bulugheană, colompiră, coroabă, crump, curulă, erdăpane, fidireie, ghibiroancă, ghistină, goață, grumbă, hadaburcă, măr, nap, ou, picioică, țermer, vovică, poamă-de-pământ, (prin Transilv.) badaliurcă, (Mold.) bandraburcă, (Mold., Bucov. și prin Transilv.) baraboi, (Mold.) barabulă, barabușcă, (prin Transilv.) bighiroancă, bigură, boabă, boambă, (prin Transilv. și Ban.) boboașă, (Mold.) bulughină, (Transilv., Ban. și Olt.) crumpenă, (Transilv.) cuculă, (Mold. și Transilv.) gogoașă, (prin Transilv.) măgherușcă, (Transilv.) pară, perușcă, piroșcă
>>
>>2699858
Linguistics is not my strong part. Point taken. However what do you think ofthese genetic and craniometric similarities?
>>
File: thr_lang.jpg (74KB, 533x700px) Image search: [Google]
thr_lang.jpg
74KB, 533x700px
>>2699875
Dude, I am just saying we are pretty damn close. Even the Greeks were saying Dacians, Thracians and Getae are same shit, different side of the river.
>>
File: thrace.gif (59KB, 590x408px) Image search: [Google]
thrace.gif
59KB, 590x408px
>>2699908
le bulgarians are actually thracians man is here

thracepill me please, i'm not really buying it
>>
>>2699908
>bulgarians are thracians
> romanians are dacians
>>
>>2699921
>People genetics vanish when they change their name
>>
>>2699937
>people genetics vanish after they are invaded every 100 years by numerous other nations like the romans, the greeks, the macedonians , the goths, the celts,the slavs, the avars, cumans, pechenegs,huns, bulgarians , hungarians, the tatars, the ottomans,the mongols, the russians and the list goes on.
>>
>>2699912
Why should I? To get laughing responses from you?
Just google mt-dna of Thracians or Y-dna of Thracians. They are not many, but same groups are found in good numbers. Try the names of rivers, mountains, tools. There is also book from 1970 that measured the Thracian skulls, are the craniometry is the same as the modern population.
>>
>>2699949
So you invade a country, exterminate the locals. Whos gonna pay the taxes, whos gonna work the land?
>>
>>2699962
>So you invade a country, and you cuck the locals.
>Whos gonna pay the taxes, whos gonna work the land?
The cucks.
>>
>>2699951
Fuck me dead, even the fighting style of the First Bulgarian Empire was the same as the Thracians - ambush when possible, then light archers with light cavalry.
>>
>>2691060
They had no navy
>>
>>2699951
But that begs the question about slavic language.

Also, I'm not going to laugh.
I've heard theories about the Bulgarians being mongoloid turkics, aryans, iranians and who knows what else.
>>
>>2699487
>vlachs aren't the same thing as wallachians

I hope you are not a romanian, anon. It would be embarrassing.
>>
>>2700012
You retard nigger, all wallachians are vlachs, but not all vlachs are wallachian.
''Vlach '' means all the east -latin nations in Europe, like the istroromanians, aromanians, moldovans, the fags from bukovina and of course wallachians.
Of course there is a difference between those words.
>I hope you are not a romanian
Sugi pula, fraiere.
>>
>>2699997
>Bulgarians being mongoloid turkics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars
>>
>>2699728
>>2699731
>>2699745
>>2699754
Had a Romanian bird once, how you've completely killed my fucking a Latin fetish...
>>
>>2694021
you havent seen romanians on /pol/

bigger cancer than canadians
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.