[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potsdam Agreement (& Nuremberg trials continued)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>>2674796

Cessions, decision-makers.

Rudolf Augstein (whoever that is) wrote about the Potsdam conference:
"The ghostly thing at the Potsdam Conference was that a war crimes court was decided by victors, who, according to the standards of the later Nuremberg trial, would all have had to hang. Stalin at least for Katyn, if not at all. Truman for the totally unnecessary bombing of Nagasaki, if not already for Hiroshima, and Churchill at least as Oberbomber of Dresden, at a time when Germany was already done. All three of them had decided so-called 'population resettlements' of crazy proportions; all three knew how criminal they were. "

Discuss.

I even got a relevant sign as related picture.
>>
>>2691029
I mean it is rather ironical that they complain about Dresden after complete destruction of Warsaw and destruction of Rotterdam

Strategic bombings did happen all the time, done by both sides.

About the population resettlements, I do think it was to prevent any "saving german minorities" pretexts for war.
>>
>>2691039
In the last thread it was mentioned that Bombings were left out of Nuremberg.
>>
>>2691029
Only Stalin was comparable to Hitler. Allies crimes were nothing if you compare them with Germany's.

Population resettlement was easily the best possible decision.
>>
>>2691039
>population resettlements
Steal a bit of Poland and keep it.

Why? Because.

Steal a bit of Germany for the Poles so they stop complaining as loudly.
>>
>>2691043
I meant that for Rudolf Augstein's quote rather than Nuremberg trials
>>
>>2691029
Apparently Rudolf Augustein was the founder of Der Spiegel.
>>
>>2691045
I thought the Poles, the Chechs & Co got them to leave too?

And wasn't stalin part of the Allies.

Did you want to say: American crimes were nothing if you compare them with Germany's.

Though they committed a fair amount of shit.
>>
>>2691055
Just a note that they left the Bombings out of it.

I wonder if there is a list of unnecessary destruction.
>>
>>2691065
Yes, but it was for the better. Poland had many problems with their minorities before the war. Stalin made Poland ethnically homogeneous.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.