[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1492105255599.png (1MB, 1223x880px) Image search: [Google]
1492105255599.png
1MB, 1223x880px
What came first? The chicken or the egg?
>>
>>2689502
The egg came first, but from it something that was not a chicken came out, and that thing made a egg, and from that egg something tthat is soightly different from its parents came out, and so on until you get to a point where something that looks like a chicken come out of that fucking egg.
>>
The rooster lmoa
>>
>>2689502
Neither dipshit. It was and continues to be gradual evolution over millennia
>>
other egg laying creatures existed milions of years before chickens

so the egg
>>
i came from looking at her feet desu
>>
Obviously eggs existed before chickens, but I'm going to assume you mean chicken eggs. In that case, it just depends on whether a "chicken egg" is defined as "egg laid by a chicken" or "egg from which a chicken hatches."
>>
>>2689502
>circular dialectical bullshit
wrong question

"What came before the chicken"
>>
The amniotic sac.
>>
Which came first? The bacteria that would eventually spawn the egg or Earth?
>>
>>2689502
First one must answer the question, what is a chicken? Also, what conclusively and absolutely separates a chicken from all similar and dissimilar organisms?
>>
>>2689502
The chicken came and fertilized the egg.
>>
>>2689502
They both came first. Ever heard of evolution ? the chicken and the egg has it's first form before they evolved.
>>
>>2692311
>what is a chicken
A feathered man.
>>
>>2689502

Technically the egg because it's been built upon mutation upon mutation of a "simple" ovary.

If we're speaking of "hard" eggs, that honor would belong to the first reptiles.
>>
>>2689502
the egg. dinosaurs had eggs way before chickens existed.
>>
How the hell should I know? I wasn't born yet.
>>
All the smart-asses saying the egg "because dinos and other oviparous animals existed before chickens"... It is obvious that the question is about a chicken egg.

The egg from which the first chicken hatched, was it a chicken egg, or an egg of the animal from which chickens evolved? Or is evolution too gradual so we can't even make the distinction? And by egg, can we count any fertilised ovum that will develop a chicken?
>>
Also, oldest discussion about the chicken-egg problem don't address the problem from a chronological point of view, but ontological or even metaphysical.
>>
>>2692676
kek
>>
>>2689502
The chicken.
Eggs can't come
>>
>>2692676
kek
>>
File: Feathered_Dinosaur[1].jpg (48KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
Feathered_Dinosaur[1].jpg
48KB, 800x597px
>>2690779
>What came before the chicken
>>
>>2689539
Underrated
>>
>>2689502
Egg, dipshit. Also >>>/sci/, this is a scientific matter predating history.
>>
File: 1489008565558.png (17KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489008565558.png
17KB, 746x600px
>>2693757
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.