[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more extraordinary group of people ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 23966663103_e69d9c2d29_b.jpg (290KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
23966663103_e69d9c2d29_b.jpg
290KB, 1024x576px
Pro-tip: you can't.
>all highly intelligent
>most were very tall for the time
>most were highly physically fit in their prime and throughout their life
>defeated one of the world's most powerful empires on the side of 13 colonies of untrained farmers
>one exceptional general
>one exceptional polymath
>most had incredible lifespans (some lived into their 80s and 90s)
>most spoke many languages, were widely and greatly talented and were very wealthy
>>
Rome in the late-republic
>>
>>2687941
Just posting here here before assblasted Brits say France won the revolutionary war for the US
>>
>>2687941
By exceptional general do you mean Washington?

As far as strategy he was middling, tactics mediocre which he himself admitted.
>>
>>2688007
His ability to keep up the morale of random men with muskets who were facing a massive world power and his ability to counter the British soldier formation with guerilla tactics proves his excellence.
>>
>>2687941
I can't, I'm a huge founderboo. Colonial era America gives me such a stiffy, I say this as an Englishman.
>>
>>2689066
What is the general view of the founders over in the UK?
>>
>>2688007
The victor is always supposed to be modest. :^)
>>
>>2688007
Washington had the ability to save his army time and time again, he also drew on the abilities of others to turn his rag tag soldiers into something approaching professionals. He also understood the importance of intelligence.

He was not a great general but he was a good general.
>>
>>2687941

>most powerful empire
>>untrained farmers

Is this how it's taught in the US?
>>
>>2688024

>guerilla tactics
>>
>>2689117

Noone gives a shit. At all.
>>
maybe not an official group butplato socrates critias xenophon, those guys, or later varations
>>
>>2689170
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
>>
>>2687941
Ancient Greeks
>>
>>2689178

>not caring about something or even being aware of its existence, is sour grapes
>>
>1700 brits
>world power
LMAOing at your life burgers.
>>
>>2687941
Truly, they were the greatest.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.