[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sheep in abrahamic religions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: sheepie.jpg (531KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sheepie.jpg
531KB, 683x1024px
Why do the abrahamic religions compare people to sheep? Do people actually want to be lead like that?
>>
>>2687343
Stop playing dumb.
>>
>>2687343
More like they want to feel that they have a shepherd looking out for them, helping them live quietly and relatively safe from predators.

The herd promises safety to people who feel alone and vulnerable.
>>
>>2687405

I went to a church a couple of times and it didn't feel like that to me.
>>
>>2687343
>>2687405
>>2687492

Mom is in a Korean Moon-type cult that unironically believes some random Korean dude is the new Messiah and that he'll bring us God's word until the rapture concludes the "complete testament" or something.

They like to use a lot of imagery involving sheep, mainly because I think the cult leader wants his indoctrinates to stay subservient towards him and view him as their shepherd.

The reason I bring this up is that I actually attend a separate church from my mother, and what they preach over there is much more "traditional" and conservative, so it came as sort of a surprise when I once bought up the idea of the sheep and the shepherd, and my youth pastor guy just stared straight into my eyes for 3 whole seconds before telling me, in a very cold voice, "wild ram have horns". Kinda scared the shit out of me since I was only 14, but to this day, anytime anyone ever mentions sheep and shepherds, I'm always reminded of that one youth pastor who reminded me it's US that controls who lives our lives, and not the other way around.
>>
>tribes that fuck sheep also use them as metaphors
>>
>>2687343
Tis based on the book of Enoch,white sheep are faithful and pure
>>
>>2687343
maybe because few people is really capable of the kind of debauchery wolf-people would do
mass psychology from ancient times
>>
>>2687343
>be religious sheep herder
>use sheep as religious metaphor

You're a moron. Next.
>>
>>2687343
Because the heads of Abrahamic religions, ecspecially Christianity, want their followers to be like obedient sheep.

>Don't defend yourself that's bad
>Denying refugees is bad
>Kissing the feet of person who just killed your daughter is good
>Giving all your money to the church is good

Prove me wrong christcucks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.