[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faith hindering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_2209.jpg (81KB, 610x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2209.jpg
81KB, 610x453px
My Christian upbringing is hindering my integration with modern society

I refuse to lose my faith because of some stupid fucking heathens

But I hate all this self-limiting and restraint I must show, while others are happy as animals. I restrict myself from enjoying certain media, for fear of them being satanic/demonic. I stop certain self-expressions, for want of being virtuous. I forgive, as that is what I believe is best. And all these things end up hurting me.

What do?
>>
> satanic/demonic

Literal mental disorder. Seek help.
>>
>>2684727
Firstly, you don't shit up the history board.

Fuck off to >>>/adv/ you mong.
>>
You've already lost your faith if you reject virtue and restraint.
>>
>>2684739
>spirits are a mental disorder

Kys
>>
File: IMG_2210.jpg (73KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2210.jpg
73KB, 564x564px
>>2684745
I haven't lost them, they are great and useful tools in life.

They just get in the way when life requires savagery and mindlessness. Which is often.

Maybe I'm just too smart to behave like an idiot... or perhaps, I'm the idiot for being too smart?
>>
>>2684727
*tips for christ*
>>
>>2684741
It's a religious and ethical matter
>>
>>2684771
'Being smart' would entail not believing in fairies, ghosts, and demons.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
This quote BTFOs any christfags. Now become an atheist.
>>
>>2684801
But they're real, so being knowledgeable on their existence is actually smart.
>>
>>2684821
>God creates universe; universe creates challenge; God creates man; universe challenges man; man creates evil

God is both willing and active in reducing evil. Your whole image BTFO.
>>
>>2684837
If he's willing and actively able to stop evil why hasn't he done it? If he's trying, he's not doing a very good job for an all powerful being. Retort BTFO.
>>
>>2684847
>extremely limited mortal perspective decides God isn't doing a good job

(You)

Perhaps he wants humans to regulate themselves, rather than interfere all the time. As any good tutor does.
>>
>>2684867
>extremely limited mortal perspective decides God isn't doing a good job

Y-you just don't get it, God's morals are good because you don't understand.

>Perhaps he wants humans to regulate themselves, rather than interfere all the time. As any good tutor does.

Then he is not willing and malevolent. What God creates a world, humans, life and then says "Give me praise and love me, devote your whole existence to me. Also all that evil and bad shit I created, fix it yourself lmao."

If god exists as you describe, he's an asshole and undeserving of worship.
>>
>>2684897
If a father makes a son, and the son does evil, did the father create the evil?

If a father lets his own son make a mistake, so he may learn to rectify it and avoid it in future, is he malevolent?

You're being an extremist idiot for the sake of holding on to your ideals, which have been proven to be logically false already.

If God exists, especially as I have described in this thread: how is he an asshole?

Read carefully now
>>
>>2684919
>If a father makes a son, and the son does evil, did the father create the evil?

No, but God is all knowing is he not? He knows all that has and will happen. So he created man knowing exactly what would happen. He creates this man knowing the man will do things he does not wish, the punishment for this is hell, because he wishes that to be. He can change anything as he is all powerful, he knows who will sin and burn, he creates them imperfect, in his eyes, knowing they will go to hell. Yet he does nothing. Is this sick game not malevolence? Please explain to me this weird game God has created. Where he creates beings just to send them to hell.
>>
& Christianity was a mistake
>>
>>2684981
If a father creates a son, knowing conditions can be hellish on earth, is he participating in in a cruel sick game?
>>
>>2685151
Who created those conditions? God.
>>
>>2685165
So you agree God exists but the difficulty of the parameters makes you hate him?
>>
>>2685171
No I don't believe god exists but I am arguing that even if he does he is an asshole. See the epicurus quote.
>>
>>2685179
See my responses.

Perceived evil is an unfortunate result of free will. It is not insurmountable though.
>>
>>2685186
Is it free will when everything that happens is planned by an all powerful ruler?
Also when you say "perceived evil" do you mean to say anything "god" says is ok is morally always good and vice versa?
>>
>>2685235
He knows it will happen, did not necessarily plan it

Perceived evil is what you call evil. What is evil to us may not be evil to God.
>>
>>2684727
>My Christian upbringing is hindering my integration with modern society

Good.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Did Jesus strike you as a "go along to get along" guy?
>>
>>2685235
Not planned.

Foreknown.

And since his foreknowlege is unknown to you, and does not impact you, you are a free will moral agent responsible for your own choices.

You just don't have the ability to surprise God. Or disappoint God.
>>
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18)
>>
>>2685179
You'd take a godless hedonist's misquote over finding out the truth about God?
>>
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:19)

"Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. (Matthew 21:31)

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. (Romans 12:16)
>>
>>2684981
>Please explain to me this weird game God has created.

God creates universe.
God creates angels.
1/3 of angels rebel and are exiled.
God creates mankind.
100% of mankind rebels and is exiled.

1/3 of angels and 100% of mankind go to hell for rebelling against God.

And that scenario would be holy, just and righteous.
>>
>>2685669
See, this is the sort of shit that is alienating me and making me a relic.

>>2685683
>>2685693
These are good. Very good. Thank you.
>>
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." (1 Corinthians 15:33)
>>
File: Image 43.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Image 43.gif
958KB, 400x225px
"The sun, too, shines into cesspools and is not polluted." - Diogenes
>>
>>2685704
You believe you're going to hell?
>>
>>2685704
Yeah but he created them knowing they will rebel and he in course would send them to suffer in hell for eternity. It's a sick cycle he sets up, just because I suppose.
>>
>>2685675
If he is all powerful he can stop the evil things that are going to happen, he just doesn't seem to want to. He is malevolent.
>>
File: jeebus the deceiver.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jeebus the deceiver.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
>>2684727
>>
Still you christfags cannot explain how god isn't an evil tyrant if he exists.

Epicurus' quote still stands.
>>
>>2685759
Why are you repeating the same thing over and over with no new arguments? The quote has been refuted numerous times today, if you think it still stands, you better back that up

Because that shit image doesn't stand
>>
>>2685707
Did the world treat Jesus nicely?

If you're a Christian, why do you expect to receive from the world better treatment than Jesus received, if you're doing and saying the same things Jesus did?

Don't fall in love with this world. It's temporary, and evil. Just focus on trying to save as many people from hell as you can.

Starting with you.
>>
47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’

49 “For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt.
>>
>>2685738
I know that I am not, because in that scenario, there is no good news. There is no Jesus Christ, there is no cross, there is no propitiation for sins, there is no hope.

What I gave you was the bad news, the way things could have been.

There is also good news.
>>
>>2685759

Gnosticism, the "god" these people worship is evil, and jesus is a deceiver, see

>>2685752

Gnosticism is an ancient religion that wants to escape this being, my branch outs jesus as a deceiver and worships Abraxas.
>>
>>2685744
Holding people responsible for their own actions is not sick.

It's holy, just and righteous.
>>
>>2685780
>their own actions

Timmy, you touched your dick, burn forever and suffer.
>>
>>2685749
You're just impatient.

God will eradicate all evil, as he said he would, when he said he would, how he said he would.

As you are evil, be grateful he gave you today to change your mind, and be saved.

You are not promised tomorrow.
>>
File: 1483883605063.jpg (137KB, 780x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483883605063.jpg
137KB, 780x500px
See, the problem here (and I've seen this time and time again) is that when you show people there's another side to this reality to get them to go toward the light, they usually just get more interested in the darkness in the sense of using this new-said knowledge for their own personal gain instead of using it to re-asses their actual paradigm of thinking.

The Childish pattern usually goes like this, and it's usually very transparent.

"How can you tell me that God is real"

"Because the devil is also real and clearly hates God"

"How can you prove that"

"Because X (This part you have to figure out for yourself)"

"Oh ok, guess I'll just see what the devil can do for me , after all, it's a better option than admitting I was actually wrong TeeHee!"

Would rather just let those kind of people stay ignorant if that's their mentality desu

>>2685752

Also gnostics...lol...

Praise Jesus
>>
>>2685759
It's rubbish, and misattributed. >>2685782
>>
>>2685761
No. Nobody has explained how an all powerful god isn't an evil being. All I've gotten was.

>God is God so all he does is good

If you think that a being who creates imperfect people he knows can't meet his standards the punishment to not meeting these standards being everlasting torture, is a good God, has Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>2685784
>gnostics...lol...

Lol what? You refuted nothing.
>>
>>2685778
Gnosticism is in the spirit of Antichrist, and is of the devil himself. They started out with the disciples, but departed and went their own way seeking occult knowledge that they think will save them.

It will not save them. It will not turn them into beings like God.
>>
File: 3907-doom-dos-front-cover[1].jpg (277KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
3907-doom-dos-front-cover[1].jpg
277KB, 800x1207px
Play DOOM
>>
>>2685781

Timmy, you're dead and neglected the only salvation known to mankind.

Burn in hell forever. (Assuming you have reached your age of consent, there, little Timmy. If you're still a child, heaven awaits.)

Since the bible is absolutely silent on the subject of masturbation, it's curious why you godless people focus on it so much.
>>
>>2685792
>Gnosticism is in the spirit of Antichrist, and is of the devil himself.

>I have a theory where everyone is of the devil but me.
>>
Can being christian be considered a mental disorder?
>>
>>2685780
He makes them take those actions. If he doesnt make them and he is still all knowing he doesnt stop them. He is complicit in evil while being able to stop it.
>>
>>2685800

USSR used to put Christians in mental asylums thinking such, but even the employees working there realized they weren't crazy at all...

rly makes u think...
>>
>>2685797
>you godless

I have a God, his name is Abraxas.

>it's curious why you godless people focus on it so much

Because you've spent 2000 years saying it mattered to be told constantly that it wasn't on the bible, it seems you finally noticed.

Jesus failing prophecy is also in the bible, israel was preached to already and nobody came back with a judgement day.
>>
>>2685782
Rather burn with the smart, funny, skeptical, and educated than pray with the sheep.
>>
>>2685799
It's not my theory. It's in the bible.

1 John 2
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.

What do gnostics believe? They believe that Jesus was not really God; that God could not manifest himself in the flesh.

1 John 4
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Gnostics = antichrist
>>
>>2685803
They take whatever actions they choose to take, as you take whatever actions you choose to take.

And then suffer or enjoy the consequences, depending on how wise your choices were.
>>
>>2685808

Of 10 Highest IQs at Least 8 are Theists and at Least 6 are Christians
http://godfatherpolitics.com/10-highest-iqs-least-8-theists-least-6-christians/

Hate to break it to you senpai...
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (453KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.jpg
453KB, 1280x891px
"Philosophy in the Soviet Union was officially confined to Marxist–Leninist thinking, which theoretically was the basis of objective and ultimate philosophical truth. During the 1920s and 1930s, other tendencies of Russian thought were repressed (many philosophers emigrated, others were expelled)."
>>
>>2685809
>What do gnostics believe?

Many varied things, including that jesus was a deceiver.

>what do christians believe?

They believe that jesus will come back before all of israel is preached to.

So yeah, failed prophet of the demiurge.
>>
>>2685807
Yes, I know that you worship the devil as God, because the devil wants to be worshiped as God, and you fell for his lies.

I have never told anyone the bible speaks of masturbation, and indeed set people straight on Onan.

So, no.

None of Jesus' prophecies failed to come true when ripe.

Some are not yet ripe. And yet he is still God, still the Messiah, and will fulfill every jot and tittle.

Including judging you to see if you are as God.

Are you as God?

Can you make a universe to compete with this universe?

No?
>>
>>2685815
>I am retarded
So in other words being smart decreases the chance of you being a theist then.
Jews and atheists are the smartest demographic.
>>
>>2685808
Set yourself on fire and see how social you are. Never let the fire die. Never die yourself. Prefer that now?

Oh, and do it in the dark, with invisible fire.
>>
>>2685820
Yes, satan worshipers all.

Enjoy your limited life here, you'll need to store up as many memories as you can to fill eternity with.

In the dark, alone, and on fire.
>>
>>2685815
>B-But who cares about averages, all that matters are these Cherrypicks
Christians are on average dumb shits and on average are more violent by orders of magnitude than atheists. Christians are the niggers of religion.
>>
>>2685824
Wise people go to heaven; fools go to hell.

Smart people will be in both heaven and hell.

Maybe you're focusing on the wrong stat.
>>
>>2685738
>>2685777
Hell is a fallicy created by false teachers anways. Sheol was the original Hebrew word which usually is interpreted as the "eternal grave" where there is only nothingness and darkness, not a fiery prison. Hades was a mistranslation. *waits and listens for the autistic screaming of Catholics*
>>
>>2685839

I'll take the Word of God over your misunderstanding all day, every day.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Seems pretty clear. I'll explain your misunderstanding, if you'd like.
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (43KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
43KB, 512x288px
>>
>>2685834
So being smart is the best stat since it means you can visit both.
>>
>>2685813
God knew the choices you'd make 100s of years before you were born, he knows if you're born to go to hell or not. He can easily stop but he doesn't. God created arbitrary rules knowing who would and wouldn't follow them? He made certain people just "evil" in his eyes? Then you say it's their choice!? No, it's God's choice to send people to hell. It was God's choice to create all the evil and injustice in the world. I repeat again if god exists he is a malovolent diety who has not earned my worship.
>>
>>2685852
There is no visitation. These are terminating conditions. You choose which eternal destination you want to exist in forever, and there you go.
>>
>>2685863
God knew this post before he made the world.

Break your timeline thinking. God knows the end from the beginning. He is not orchestrating everything. If he wanted a universe full of automatons, he would have created a universe full of automatons.

But ask yourself how many times a Real Doll could say "I love you!" before you tired of it.
>>
>>2685865
Nice delusions fairy tale fag.
>>
>>2685864
The gnostics were satan's answer to the apostles; they denied God could be contained in flesh, and so the flesh could not matter. Hence most of them became hedonists, as they did not believe the flesh could cause sin, only the spirit.

They all know better now.

And I have never heard any gnostic explain the mechanism for knowledge translating a person into a godlike being, much less an example of same. They're arrogant fools, for the most part, again preferring darkness to the light.
>>
>>2685863
God is like Netflix, He knows all the movies but it's your choice which ones to watch.
>>
>>2685876
Taking God's word over yours is a pretty easy call.
>>
It's funny how people will just sit there straight-faced and pretend that Gnosticism isn't actually rooted in the occult and babylonian mystery religions of times of past which DID in fact just worship other gods and seeped these teachings into modern Christianity to combine the two concepts into a poisoned "witches brew" of knowledge filled with lies

Also going back to >>2685784 (You) people here are just debating for the sake of debating I could already tell which is why I stated this in the first place. Just stay ignorant if you want but that's totally your choice...

There is truly nothing new under the sun

Psalm 14:1

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
>>
>OP is wasting his one life putting useless restrictions on himself
>>
>>2685881
>It's gods word
>I know because a human told me it was
>>
File: 1484858103071.gif (2MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484858103071.gif
2MB, 500x260px
yall christians spooked something fierce
>>
>>2685849
So you're saying in Revelations 20:14 that Hell was essentially thrown into hell? Doesn't it sound more accurate that god was saying death and sheol (eternity in death) were being destroyed? Also, in 19:18, if you're viewing this in literal terminology and not as an illustration as the bible does throughout, doesn't that mean god condones cannabalism of "the flesh of kings"?
>>
>>2685815
That's because for the greater part of our human history critism of god was met with death. I'm not saying all the smart people were just being quiet aboit their true beliefs but when you're in a culture where god is seen as a ln of course and there was NO debate sourounding gods existence, tou kind of don't question things.

Also what I really meant with my post was that i'd rather spend eternity with like minded people rather than all smart peiple are athiests
>>
>>2685827
Of course, it was hyperbolic. If I actually thought God and hell was real I wouldn't say that.
>>
>Get one life
>Idiots get scammed out of theirs by cucking themselves to a religion
>>
Don't dare to question Incitatus — he outranks you! (What's that, Mr. Incitatus? Why yes, the person who wrote the above paragraph is being disrespectful!) Sir, I regret to inform you that the horse has decided you are to be executed for rudeness.
>>
>>2685869
So he wants some of us to burn for insubordination, it's more fun for him, eh? Again, malevolence.
>>
>>2685849
Found the scripture I wanted. Ecclesiasties 9:10. I'll let you reference from your own prefered translation. Same word commonly translated to haides/hell is used;sheol. Yet, why is it now saying the grave, the proper translation?
>>
>>2685890
I know because it's the only holy book on the planet, and contains about 30% prophecy, of which 100% come true when ripe.

Only God can tell the story of the earth from beginning to end, flawlessly, ahead of time.
>>
>>2685831
>Christians are the niggers of religion.

Nah that's moose limbs.
>>
>>2685896
Yes, the prior afterlife, the two compartmented areas known as Hades/Sheol, or Paradise/Bosom of Abraham and Torment, called by the Greeks the Elysian Fields and Tartarus, will be cast into the lake of fire, with all of the inhabitants thereof.

There are other even more odd things cast into the lake of fire, such as authority.
>>
>>2685851
what a fucking shitpost

im calling 911
>>
>>2685911
Mine was not. It was the plain simple truth. Start lighting yourself on fire so you can get used to it.

Because as it turns out, your disbelief is not powerful enough to cause places to cease to exist, or cause God to not be capable of casting you into such places.

Your disbelief, really, only effects you.
>>
>>2685945
So are we speaking about a literal hell, or just ultimate destruction?
>>
>>2685938
>it's the only holy book on the planet
But Christians believe in 2 holy books. Also who says it's holy? Another human?
>100% of the prophecy has come true
kek, like what.
>Flawless
Kek, there are many flaws in the bible.
>>
>>2685929
Nope.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If you demand God cast you into hell, he will.

If you request God bring you to himself in heaven, he will.

He will honor either request.
>>
>>2685947

That looks like a British post, you better call 999.

What the fuck is it with all these silly emergency numbers anyway? Surely the best emergency number is the same one pushed three times.
>>
>>2685938
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long.html
>Getting tricked by kike lies
>>
>>2685932
How many times does the author of Ecclesiastes have to say "under the sun" before you get the idea that he's only talking about things "under the sun"?

5? 10? 15? 20? 25? 26?

I believe it's actually 26.

The afterlife is not "under the sun". The author is only talking about the physical world in which we all temporarily live. Poke a dead body and it does not talk to you.

Go to where that spirit resides in the afterlife and it will talk plenty.
>>
“Today I was led by an Angel to the chasms of hell. It is a place of great torture; how awesomely large and extensive it is! The kinds of tortures I saw: the first torture that constitutes hell is the loss of God; the second is perpetual remorse of conscience; the third is that one’s condition will never change; the fourth is the fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it – a terrible suffering, since it is a purely spiritual fire, lit by God’s anger; the fifth torture is continual darkness and a terrible suffocating smell, and, despite the darkness, the devils and the souls of the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own; the sixth torture is the constant company of Satan; the seventh torture is horrible despair, hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies.
>>
>>2685929
You sound spoiled.

>daddy doesn't let me have cookies therefore he's a malevolent tyrant dictator
>>
“These are the tortures suffered by all the damned together, but that is not the end of their sufferings. There are special tortures destined for particular souls. These are the torments of the senses. Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable sufferings, related to the manner in which it has sinned. There are caverns and pits of torture where one form of agony differs from another. I would have died at the very sight of these tortures if the omnipotence of God had not supported me. Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin. I am writing this at the command of God, so that no soul may find an excuse by saying there is no hell, or that nobody has ever been there, and so no one can say what it is like.

“I, Sister Faustina, by the order of God, have visited the abysses of hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence. I cannot speak about it now; but I have received a command from God to leave it in writing. The devils were full of hatred for me, but they had to obey me at the command of God. What I have written is but a pale shadow of the things I saw. But I noticed one thing: that most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell. When I came to, I could hardly recover from the fright. How terribly souls suffer there! Consequently, I pray even more fervently for the conversion of sinners. I incessantly plead God’s mercy upon them. O my Jesus, I would rather be in agony until the end of the world, amidst the greatest sufferings, than offend You by the least sin.” (Diary of St. Faustina, 741)
>>
>>2685954
You think of death as the cessation of life because you are not aware of your nature. You will live forever in one of two places.

As God is Life, to be separated from God is to be dead. Most people reading this are dead and do not know it. But as they have no Life in them, they are dead.

To be separated from God is death; to be eternally separated from God is the second death, which takes place in the lake of fire, aka the outer darkness, aka Gehenna (the ever burning trash dump outside Jerusalem called Gehenna is a picture of what the ever burning lake of fire will be like.)

So hell is quite literal, made to confine the devil and his demons, and will be the eternal abode for most human beings.
>>
>>2685955
The 66 books of the bible written by 40 men over 1500 years, the bible, is the only holy book on the planet. You cannot remove any of the books or letters within the bible and end up with a holy book. Neither can you add unholy or secular or evil books to the bible, and consider that your bible is holy. Nor can you change the verses to suit your cult and consider the bible holy.

The bible as written was holy, inerrant, and perfect.

The copies we have are roughly 99.5% intact.

If you want to rely on the .5%, and not the 99.5%, that's up to you. The .5% are mostly copyist errors, spelling variants and idioms.
>>
>>2685966
>Hating Jews so much you want to spend eternity with the worst of them on fire forever instead of Jewing them out of their inheritance.
>>
>>2685992
>the bible is inerrant
What is, approximately, the age of the earth?

What happened to the unicorns and flying serpents described in the bible?
>>
>>2685992
>it's holy
>I wont say why it's holy but it is
>>
>>2686001
Keep believing that Jewish trick anon.
Christianity is a degenerate jewish trick.
>>
>>2685948
God sure is a dick.
>>
>>2685978
OP here, Seems like I'm in the first two levels of hell

What the fuck do I do

Reject this material world? Do as God instructed?
>>
>>2685974
Exact quote is, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." The realm of the dead is sheol, and if sheol lacks any form of conscious thought or action how can it be an eternity of fire. It clearly saying the realm of the dead is nothingness, just as Jesus refered to Lazerus as sleeping, not that his mind had been transfered to some limbo or other form of existence. If death is nothingness how is there a hell?
>>
Why not worship something cool and not Jewish?
>>
>>2685958
I want to go to heaven, if it exists, so I can give him a good earful. If it doesn't and all that's after is nothing as I suscpect what'll I care, I wont exist. Hopefully he can fill me in on what I'm missing here though, you people have certainly failed.
>>
>>2685917
>it's an atheists promote immorality while claiming to still be moral thread
>>
>>2685979
Correction

>daddy doesn't let me have cookies, and If I take one, or even think about taking one, he'll torture me for all eternity
>>
Daniel 12 “At that time Michael, the great prince, the protector of your people, shall arise. There shall be a time of anguish, such as has never occurred since nations first came into existence. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who is found written in the book. 2 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and the book sealed until the time of the end. Many shall be running back and forth, and evil shall increase.”
>>
>>2685958
This is some amazing drone logic
>God doesn't lie
>Look, it says here from the word of god!
>>
>>2686032
>Atheists commit less crime and are generally smarter on average
>N-No everyone needs to be a stupid degenerate like me!
>>
>>2686007
6021 years, approx.
Rhinos, aka Rhinoceros Unicornis, the Asian rhino;
Pterodactyls went extinct. Maybe.
>>
>>2686009
It's holy because it is inspired by God.

2 Timothy 3
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
>>
>>2686011
>Hating Jews so much you'd rather be on fire forever than realize you've been lied to your whole life by Jesuits.
>>
>>2686046
>My book is the word of god
Said every religione ver
>>
>>2686015
You're free to hold your own opinions; you're not free from the consequences thereof.
>>
>>2686047
Christianity was a lie created by jews. Basic logic can tell you it's fake. But you can't break that jewish brainwashing even when common sense should tell you it's bullshit.
>>
>>2686050
The consequences are that a random christian gets mad on the internet.
>>
>>2686021

Ah, I see.

And how do you not understand this? Place yourself in hell, in the dark, and on fire, screaming endlessly because the fire never goes out, and you never die.

How much working will you do?
How much planning will you do?
How much knowledge will you gain?
How much wisdom will you find?

The realm of the dead at that time was Hades/Sheol; that is not the ultimate end. The ultimate end is a lake of fire.
>>
>>2686029
Why not unload on him right now?

You think he's gone deaf?
>>
>>2686050
So you're accepting he is a dick? I point out how, if he exists, must be evil, and you instead of just refuting it or saying any retort just go.

>lmao consequences bro
>>
>>2686056
Yeah Jews promote Christianity so much in the media and academia you'd have to be blind not to see that their behind it.
>>
>>2686038
Knowledge shall increase, and increase exponentially. Not sure what version you're using.
>>
>>2686039

God does not lie because he is God.

Think about all the reasons you would lie, and do lie, and realize that God has none of those reasons.
>>
>>2686040
>commit less crime
If that's the case it's only because secular humanists have succeeded in decriminalizing the crimes they are most likely to commit.
>>
>>2686067
I've stated my case throughout my life. If God exists he should know what I think already.
>>
>>2686071
They don't need to. Christianity already degenerated western society.
>>
>>2686049
Which is why you have to develop some wisdom and test people's claims.
>>
>>2686056
The Jews, and Romans, did everything they could to eradicate Christianity.
>>
>>2686060
That's the least of your worries.
>>
>>2686075
>Christfags rape, muder and Rob
>B-But atheists say mean things on the internet
Kek. Have fun brainlet.
>>2686074
>This circular logic
>>
>>2686080
Yet Christianity in the end Degenerates Rome.
>>2686078
>Test religion
They would all fail
>>
>>2686069

That's not how I know him, no.

Consider a man who shoots a rabid dog running at his children.

To the rabid dog, is the man a dick?
>>
>>2686076
He knew everything about you before he created the world. He coded the hairs on your head. He knows every thought you ever had, or ever will have.

And he loves you enough to die for you. And did.
>>
>>2686084
No, it pretty much is. Except I don't worry about butthurt Christfags.
>>
>>2686085
The devil is the author of lies, and the father of lies. All he does is lie.

And you believe his lie that God is a liar.

One being always tells the truth.

One being always lies.

And you have chosen to believe the liar.
>>
>>2686086
Rome paganized Christianity.

Christianity is based on two facts that are eternally established.

1. Jesus is God; and
2. God raised Jesus from the dead.

God never fails.
>>
>>2686098
>God says he doesn't lie so he doesn't
Amazing logic my friend.
>>
>>2684727
Actually read the Matthew chapters 5-7
literally the only part of the Bible that matters
>>
>>2686097

You would actually, if you knew what was happening, be very concerned about how you treat the children of God, and the chosen people of God.

Very concerned like not being able to sleep concerned.

But rather than face that, you're just adopting a denial position, and hoping for the best. When does that ever pay off?
>>
>Every single post from a christfag is a logical fallacy or circular argument
Is it that dumb people become Christians or Christians become dumb?
>>
>>2686105
>Matthew

He was a mad Jew though?
>>
>>2686077
It don't hurt to throw a little more gasoline in the fire. Hence why their constantly bombarding us with religiosity, monogamy, heteronormativity, no sex before marriage...
>>
>>2686104
Correct.

God does not lie because X.

And X can be anything.
>>
>>2686111
>Chosen people of god
>Spends his time on a japanese fap forum being butthurt people don't believe his bullshit
>>
>>2686087
If that man created the animal to be/or knowing he'd be a rabid dog that would try to kill his children, and then as the dog does the thing he knew it would do he said "How dare you! To hell!"

I'd say the man is just a dick.
>>
>>2686116
All these things that go against our western Greco Roman culture but the christian degenerates ruined.
>>
>>2686114
Kind of an outcast Jew, since he was a traitor and collected taxes for the Romans.

On commission.

Yet after being shit on by Jews his entire life, and excluded from the Temple, and from any of their homes, he had a burning desire to bring them all to the knowledge that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, the King of the Jews, and will sit on David's throne forever.

Such turnabouts are difficult to explain without the power of the Holy Spirit being involved.
>>
>>2686114
That bit is the Sermon on the Mount
Literally Jesus laying down the foundation of the faith
This idiot obviously hasn't read it or he/she would know their views are retarded.
>>
>>2686119
>It's true because it's true because it's true because it's true
It must such to be so stupid that this would seem like flawless logic.
>>
>>2686113
I think both.
>>
>>2686119
Your Unbelief hurts me as much as it hurts God.

It only effects you.
>>
>>2686132
Then it must be hurting god a lot then.
>>
>>2686121
So you had to twist the entirely simple analogy around to avoid the obvious.

Your opinion of God depends on whether God is your Father, or God is your Enemy.

But in either case, right now, you are the rabid dog.
>>
>>2686132
Yeah, I would be as mad as you too if I thought it was a sin to fap.
>>
>>2686129

The Sermon on the Mount is not an instruction guide for Christians.

It is a nuclear bomb dropped on Judaism, on people who thought they were following the Law of Moses, and were not.

And even if they were, there are an infinite number of other things one would have to do in order to be like God.

The Jews, the synagogue of satan, were following satan's gospel: eat the fruit, know good and evil, and be like God.

Jesus told them they were all failing, miserably. So they murdered their own savior.
>>
>>2686138
He takes no delight in the destruction of the wicked, but you're forcing him to cast you into hell, and then be forgotten. Which of course he knew he would have to do before he made the earth.

How do you win in that scenario?
>>
>>2686123
Right? Look at Mormons and Menonites for example. Decreasing fertinily rates, substance abuse, rampant degeneracy, race-mixing... Oh wait.
>>
>>2686145
Actually this is a good question. Do the christfags on this board fap in shame or not fap and that's why they are always so easily upset?
>>
>>2686141
Who am I hurting speaking my mind? I'm not causing harm to anyone, nor would.
>>
>>2686155
I am married to a Mormon anon. Here is a hint
i'm not white.
>>
>>2686155
>Degeneracy
Christianity is degeneracy.
>>
>>2686085
>Atheists say mean things on the internet
We both know we do much more than that.
:^)
>>
>>2686155
>mormons don't race mix
Who told you that lie?
>>
>>2686098

how do i know youre not lying
>>
>>2686145
All sins were forgiven at the cross, except Unbelief.

Fapping has no connection with Unbelief, except perhaps as a distraction.

I don't get this much, though. You obviously enjoy your dick, but don't love the Creator who made your dick to give you pleasure?
>>
>>2686177
Aren't black people considered cursed in Mormonism?
>>
>>2686159
Yourself. You are causing eternal harm to yourself. You can speak your mind all you want. But if you remain dead, you will have to be sorted out with the dead.

If you have the Holy Spirit in you (being born again in the Spirit), you have life; if you do not have the Holy Spirit in you, you have not life.
>>
>>2686165
every mormon dude i know is married to a brown chick
>>
>>2686185
>Justifies fapping and crime
kek. I love these type of "Christians"
>>
>>2686185
So no wonder why Christfags are so Amoral.
>I can do whatever I want as long as I believe in le jesus!
See, complete degenerates.
>>
>>2686179
You can ask for my sources, of course. And I'll give it to you.

But you have to develop a taste for the truth, and you have to learn how, for lack of a better word, lies smell.

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
>>
>>2686193
I'm alive.
>>
>>2686188
They changed that about the time of the Civil Rights Act.

kek

Any mormon who hasn't read the CES letter is an ostrich.
>>
>>2686185
This anon is one of those shitty secular christians. I mean Christianity is a lie but at least stick to it you wimp,
>Being gay is ok, so is fapping and degeneracy as long as I suck the jesus dick
Lower tier than mudslimes.
>>
>>2686199
I didn't justify anything.

I told you when your sins were forgiven. You don't have a sin problem.

You have a death problem, and you are dead.
>>
>>2686207
Exactly the opposite is true, of course. But how would you know what the Holy Spirit leads us to do, when you have never met him, and have no idea what he's like, or what being transformed by him is like?
>>
>>2686213
Physically, yes.

Spiritually, no.
>>
>>2686226
I can ask you the same question.
>>
>>2686222
I didn't say any of those things, obviously.

I just know, and speak, the truth to the best of my ability.
>>
>>2686223
>You are dead
Kek.
So being gay and fapping to little girl cartoons is ok to you degenerates because le christ says so.
>>2686236
So why do you fap when it's a sin?
>>
>>2684800

You're still asking for advice, doesn't matter what kind it is. You're not actually discussing religion, spirituality, or theology in any meaningful way.
>>
/his/ would be a much better board if it were just history. Look at this stupidity and tell me it helps the board.
>>
I wonder how mad Christfags will be when some random native American or Indian god turns out to be the true one.
>>
>>2686260

It'd be fine if mods actually deleted off-topic threads like this but sadly they don't and as a result half this board is people using it as their diary or posting low quality bait.
>>
>>2686289
Hey Christ anons, be honest. How would you react to the greek gods or even Islam being right?
>>
File: christfats.png (24KB, 1020x135px) Image search: [Google]
christfats.png
24KB, 1020x135px
>That glorious feel when I will never be a Christfat
>>
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْهِمْ أَأَنذَرْتَهُمْ أَمْ لَمْ تُنذِرْهُمْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ - 2:6
Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
>>
>>2686351
Good thing it's not true or else I might be worried. How does it feel knowing you wasted your life being a slave and a brainlet?
>>
>>2686351
This. All infidels will burn.
>>
>>2686355
The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb
>>
>>2686367
>Carbohydrates
Why do these appeal to christfats so much?
>>
>>2686367
What does Nassim Taleb do for money?
>>
>>2686398
The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.

Albert Einstein
>>
>>2686437
So Christians have bad impulse control? That would make sense since they were raised to believe they should do whatever they want because they are gods special snowflakes who can pray their wrong deeds away.
>>
>>2686451
Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.

Robin Williams
>>
>>2686437

Albert Einstein didn't literally believe in the devil, though. He used to get mad at people that misused his metaphors.
>>
>>2686586
History proves that the white man is a devil.

Malcolm X
>>
>>2686613
Treat every Frenchman as if he was the devil himself.

Horatio Nelson
>>
If you get down and you quarrel everyday
You're saying prayers to the devils, I say, wooh
Why not help one another on the way?
Make it much easier (just a little bit easier)
>>
I have a question. How is it that the devil is imprisoned in hell and supposedly suffering constantly,how does he find the time and the power to interfere in our plane of existance as much as he is blamed for? Does satans constant meddeling from torturous conditions mean he is more powerfull than god, who is seemingly content with doing (arguably) little from the comfort of heaven?
>>
File: k-bigpic.jpg (607KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
k-bigpic.jpg
607KB, 970x546px
>>2687003
Really want to know?

Ok.

You ready?

Here goes:

This is the nicest plane of hell.
>>
>>2687003
>imprisoned in hell
afaik the devil has reign over earth currently
>>
>I stop certain self-expressions, for want of being virtuous.

Virtue isn't about self-restraint. Self-restraint is like training wheels for virtue. The virtuous do not have self-restraint because they don't impulsively act or think in bad ways.
>>
>>2684739
indoctrination isn't a mental disorder. He needs to read more history and accept that fear isn't a valid reason for dismissing information
>>
How the fuck is this /his/-related? Take it to /trash/.

Idiot born of idiots.
>>
>>2684771
you're clearly not as smart as you think. How old are you? you honestly sound like a teen facing the truth. Hopefully you don't become a fedora wearing jackass thinking you're a genius when you accept that Christianity is bullshit
>>
>>2687003
the devil isn't supposed to be suffering yet afaik. IIRC t's after the second coming that he'll be tossed into a lake of fire
t. former christian
>>
>>2684727
I used to be just like you. Although maybe I went a little overboard. I preached creationism to anyone I knew well enough, I was afraid everyone was going to hell and I didn't dare tell a white lie, watch any shows that even said OMG in them, and I thought evolution was a conspiracy.
I'm an atheist now, and you might feel a slight disgust just from me saying that (as I used too), but not much has changed for me besides that I tend to be more accepting of other ideas, more tolerant of other religions, and I realize the atheists that I thought were all idiots are now geniuses compared to the creationists I listened to.
I feel like I'm no longer afraid to look at all the evidence.
You might be nothing like I used to be, but just in case, there's my rant.^
>>
>>2685800
No, an american protestant like OP on the other hand...
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.