[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MTG/ Military tactics and historical battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Modern Japanese tactician.jpg (96KB, 1280x1098px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Japanese tactician.jpg
96KB, 1280x1098px
Who was your favourite tactician throughout history /his/?
What was your favourite strategy that they employed?
Do you have a favourite historical battle?
>>
>>2684547
My favourite tactician was oh my god please let me bury my cock between those pillowy tits.
>>
File: Andrew_Jackson-AB.jpg (43KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew_Jackson-AB.jpg
43KB, 334x250px
>>2684547
Unironically Mr. Cotton fort and pirates over here
>>
File: >mfw steppes.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
>mfw steppes.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>2684547
If enough resources are given and the battlefield is suitable, swarming is the smuggest, most effective tactic.
>>
>>2684547
I know it's cliche but.
Tactician, Hannibal Barca.
And all his battles, he did adapt to the environament and won with using it to his advantage. Cannae was a master piece.
>>
Henry V

Agincourt

Fuck French nobles

Dieu et mon droit
>>
File: M-Asculum-MAP-4CJun06.jpg (210KB, 652x555px) Image search: [Google]
M-Asculum-MAP-4CJun06.jpg
210KB, 652x555px
>>2684621
come here for literally one thread and you already said it

also phyruss then as second pick

third pick mark antony

4th pick spartacus

crossroads of empires always breed great tacticians and generals for the time, and they usually come from hybrid blood.

no one worshipped octavians inbred ass as anything spectacularly justified.

i also got a ban warning, whatever mod ur looking at ur climbing up the wrong branch of the proxy that has nothing to do with me in any contractual thus legally binding form fuck off and eat bags of dicks u opener of wrongful displayance in aggression. tread lightly u glass housed bitch

t. cannon
>>
File: Attila_in_Gaul_451.png (249KB, 1000x765px) Image search: [Google]
Attila_in_Gaul_451.png
249KB, 1000x765px
>when you got the uphil melee multiplier vs
>>
>>
>>2684623

>Get his ass handed by the French
>Flee like a coward
>Hide out in the mud like a peasant
>Brits proclaim that you're a military genius, because French knights were filled with a delusion of grandeur and chased up a muddy hill in heavy armor
>your """""longbowmen"""""" stab the knights who are stuck in the mud with their daggers
>>
>>2684671
might as well rename the empire cloak & dagger by this point
>>
>>2684547
Charles XII
Standard carolean tactic, march under fire till you see the enemies white eye, fire a volley and charge
Battle of Narva
Battle of Narva
>>
File: Leuthen.jpg (137KB, 1176x764px) Image search: [Google]
Leuthen.jpg
137KB, 1176x764px
Frederick the Great and the oblique order of battle, specifically at the battle of Leuthen. You don't arrange your army parallel to the enemy, but rather at an angle. In so doing you can neutralize all an enemies numbers as they march over the miles long line while you concentrate all of your attack on a single point.

It was this tactic that allowed Alexander to defeat the Persians, and Frederick II to survive the Silesian wars.
>>
Crassus
Carrhae
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.