[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manipulation and Lies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: e67d1f24c0e5ca027bdf6350aa92dfe7.jpg (132KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
e67d1f24c0e5ca027bdf6350aa92dfe7.jpg
132KB, 800x1067px
I think that the power and influence of modern media are largely overlooked. People can't even grasp it, it is something unprecedented in human history.Never before has existed such a force that could invade human minds with such ease, to mold them and shape them into anything it desires. It's not just a voice of strongmen in power, it is a horryfing machine per se which can easily establish itself as an absolute authority in practically all things shaping existence. Something not even the most tyranical rulers of the past could ever imagine.

Truth is forever lost in pits of lies. Every agenda,agency,lobbyst group has its own little truth they install in discreet or not so discreet ways into our minds. There are virtually no real differences between information and disinformation anymore. People voluntary stay in their mental cages prepared just for them because it's all they have ever experienced and will ever experience. You can't realize you're being lied to when all you've ever heard in your life is a lie one upon another. Quite brilliant, really. Like a slave being born into slavery from slave parents.

You might say, so what? It was always like this, people have never known true freedom. It might be so. But the world of the past was a larger one. The people lived in their own microworlds, safe and secluded. Information traveled much slower. The world of the past was a local one, of ancient customs that were stronger than any manmade law. The truths were ancient and strong, ingrained deeply in people. Today truth is changed every month or so to suit new trends and needs. Between a Man and State there existed an entire set of protective layers: traditions, customs, communes, guilds. Our global world has no secrets. Every single piece of our lives is at disposal at all times. At some point the State smashed all barriers that separated it from a Man, making him see Her face to face, unprotected, weak, and frightened.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
To conclude, freedom and truth are harder than ever to obtain. I've heard million times in my lifetime how both of those can't be anything else but subjective. This is only natural to say in a world where millions of brands of freedom and truth exist. Apart from picking one particular freedom to enjoy and one particular truth to follow, both of them being pushed on me from those above me, sadly i see no alternative. Maybe living in cave for the rest of my life.
>>
It's even more dangerous that people would rather listen to YT celebrities or blogers than real scientists. I blame this recent rise of holocaust denial on the Internet and social media. It's a great platform to spread propaganda.
>>
>>2683309
>than real scientists
Academia has been subverted by marxists. 'Real scientists' get ostracized all the time if they don't toe the line of political correctness.
>>
Meh, our best approximation at truth is and has always been in academia, even if it has its flaws.
>>
>>2683323
Aww, someone's mad his "research" fails under scrutiny.
>>
>>2683350
You should compare the replicability of psychometrics studies and of sociological studies of the marxist type...
>>
In the past people had not the ability to reach so much information like we do now. What them was told they believed in.

You must see the truth as close as possible. Try rational and reasonably thinking, to the extend possible.
>>
>>2683309
I don't trust the internet much, especially because of its extreme vulnerability to propaganda and overproduction of infolrmation. It is a tool for the masses, which are (usually) unable to distinguish important from trivial or right from wrong. As a result you have an influx of pseuds and know-it-all scammers who use it as their primary media.

It can be very tedious and challenging to recognize parts of internet that actually have worth.
>>2683388
But the quality of information of have isn't much better. Instead of one false truth you get million false truths.

The best way would be not to subscribe to any existing ideology and to filter absolutely everything that comes in touch with you.
>>
>>2683422
>of have
*we have
>>
>>2683323
Except we are talking about history or even hard science, not sociology. Climate change denial, Afrocentrism, holocaust denial, anti-vaccination movements are good examples of this.
>>
>>2683484
>about history or even hard science,
Me too.

The most egregious example of modern day thought persecution is the denial of difference in cognitive ability between the races.

Academia supports human creationism.
>>
>>2683510
>thought persecution
Cognitive ability is far more heavily correlated to class and wealth than race.
>>
>>2683510
But there are studies about this published all the time.

You're part of the problem. You accept studies if they agree with your views, but you disregard them as Marxist conspiracy if they don't.
>>
>>2683537
That anon is onto something even if he's biased. Studies like those do get published all the time and I have stumbled upon some recently.
You still have to admit that there has been a great Marxist influence over academia as of late and an uprising of critical and gender theorists and thus a greater number of papers of the same nature being published and gaining relevance.
>>
>>2683695
>i dont even know what marxism means
Marxists make up a minority of academics. Academics are more likely to be marxist than the general population, but there's no Marxist conspiracy or domination of academia.
>>
>>2683530
Would be interested to see a principal component analysis on these variables 2bh
>>
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look? Ooh
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the Book
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.