[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Britain justified in entering World War 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Was Britain justified in entering World War 2?
>>
>>2681800
yes they had an alliance with Poland

however this means they should have declared war on the USSR as well
>>
>>2681800
Britains goal for the previous two centuries was to stop any one country from dominating mainland Europe, WW2 was for the same reason. Hitler did not want war with the UK and offered peace numerous times, Britian should have allowed Hitler to do what he wanted with Poland (this is what Britain done anyway) and allow him to invade Russia as much as he likes.
>>
No.
>>
>>2681805
Really France should have honored their guarantee and declared war after Czechoslovakia. Britain would have had a slightly harder time selling the war to public opinion without the "peace for our time" farce, but allowing Hitler to take Czechoslovakia which could have actually defended itself was a dumb move. Especially when Poland were just as opportunistic as the Nazi's or Soviets were and took their own piece of the Czechoslovakian land. Their guarantee was just the Eternal Anglo looking for any excuse to try to stem the Nazi tide they had allowed to swell up so much.
>>
File: 1491617923054.png (23KB, 912x611px) Image search: [Google]
1491617923054.png
23KB, 912x611px
>>2681800
can anyone explain to me why britain and france said they would help against germany but not against the soviet union?
>>
>>2681805
>>2681937
The Anglo-Polish military alliance stated very clearly it was triggered by German aggression, not soviet.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.