[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made the White race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: british empire.png (37KB, 400x175px) Image search: [Google]
british empire.png
37KB, 400x175px
such amazing conquerors, i mean look at what they were able to achieve

a warrior culture?
>>
>>2676674
A combination of genetics, culture and geography. Nothing else.
>>
>white race

You mean iberians?
>>
guns
>>
>>2676674
They were in the right place at the right time. It was a backwater for most of its history, Asia being the centers of culture and domination for most of world history (as well as being the origin of cilvilization). As the technology to go on long distance trips became feasable, they arrived at the Americas first, got lucky the diseases killed off any significant resistance theyd encounter and were able to get rich from it's resources and benefitted greatly from the food that americans had been domesticating for thousands of years. This then boosted the populations in europe to high levels, devestated china rocked by massive floods until it was weak enough to be colonized too. Things are starting to level out again though, and now it seems Asia is taking it's place at the top again in due time.
>>
>>2676674
God
>>
>>2676690
this is completely wrong

modern science was dominated in the West

once Kepler, Galileo and Newton came around, no other civilization could compete
>>
>>2676685

>British empire
>Iberian

Hmm...
>>
File: Kek.gif (923KB, 290x163px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
923KB, 290x163px
>>2676674
>No United States
>>
>>2676696
this was at the peak of the British Empire in 1920

was America still a colony in 1920

I don't think so
>>
>>2676692
They came after the Columbian exchange.
>>
>>2676706
true, but China wasn't really that exceptional when it came to science to be honest
>>
>>2676701
I'm more laughing at the fact that OP didn't use a different picture because the picture left out the United States, which in turn would piss Americans off. Such as (You).
>>
>>2676674
Caucasian bone structure
Fair skin
Fait hair
Fair eyes
Greco-Roman Culture
Not being a m*dslim
>>
>>2676674
brits aren't white
they're shite
>>
>>2676674
Their only nearby competition the middle eastern Caucasoids were having too many shit flinging contest to pay attention to them causing them to slip by and advance past them unnoticed until the Bong Empire.
>>
>>2676722

sure you were
>>
>>2676739
>Greco-Roman Culture
That's the only correct thing you said. How does facial structure make you more successful. I walk down the street and see our local homeless man, a white man with such a face shitting himself on the street speaking gibberish.
>>
>>2676750
The key to civilization is impulse control because if your impulses are held back you can think more rationally. The more impulsive your population the less its success as a civilization thats why niggers are the bottom.
>>
>>2676674
technological achievement which the competing states invested in more readily than the more consolidated despotisms of China, India, and the Middle East, who could flex their economic muscle to squash new innovations which threatened their base of power.

The competing state model also forced the disparate regional powers to constantly be looking for ways to improve their own society, partially by given them external enemies to fear. This is why the west liberalized right as it was on the verge of industrialization, while the Chinese were beset with cultural conservatives who stunted the process of industrialization.

The additional competition spurred states to take risks that they otherwise wouldn't take in the absence of rivals, such as a young queen of a new country wanting to prove her exploratory chops by investing in an Italian explorer whose ideas were considered (rightfully) retarded by more established naval powers. The other powers of Eurasia, as technology continued to advance, retreated further and further into isolationism.

An unholy witches brew of devastating illnesses did most of the heavy lifting in actually clearing out humans and making space for settlers. Had it not been for small pox North America would probably more closely resemble India.

By the time of the age of colonialism Europe had better steel, farther reaching ships, and had converted Chinese fireworks technology into gunpowder. Isolationist societies simply couldn't compete.

This has nothing to do with their anthropological features and everything to do with the choices they made as societies, with environment playing a larger role than genetics.
>>
File: big.jpg (273KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
273KB, 1650x1275px
>>2676762
>hurr why didnt China colonize America

The Pacific Ocean is REALLY FUCKING BIG.
>>
>>2676775

But why didn't China then colonize India or Africa or Australia?

Because their state was taken over by rural isolationists who significantly pared down China's ability to project force abroad, while a policy of enforced ruralization and self-sufficiency depressed the demand for foreign goods.
>>
File: c65.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>2676775
>asia fitting there
holy fucking shit is this fake?
>>
>>2676750
>What made the White race
my bad

I read "what makes you white"
>>
>>2676722
why would americans be pissed off that america wasn't part of the british empire? we're proud not to be limeys
>>
>>2676750
>How does facial structure make you more successful
Beauty
>>
>>2676816
Not really its pretty distorted, but he is right sailing east would be a death wish, even from the soloman islands or whatever the farthest islands they knew. Winds are fucking shit trying to cross.

Although there is that story of that one dude crossing but its probably just a History channel meme.
>>
>>2676746
>>2676822
It's less about the British Empire in 1920, and more OP's title "What made the White race". I got the feeling that OP was making fun to many white countries such as the United States, France, and Germany. I thought it was funny, but sadly it looks like I'm wrong.
>>
>>2676963
>"American exceptionalism was never a claim about ethnicity. American exceptionalism was never a claim about America's unique anthropology. American exceptionalism was an understanding about the historical moment in which the American founding flipped on its head the relationship between rights and government."
http://whatyouknow.rocks/republican-senator-ben-sasse-takes-aim-at-the-alt-right-movement-with-some-ins/

Despite the empty cans rattling on the internet, Americans as a whole don't give a shit about "race", they care about concepts like freedom and personal liberty which transcend ethnic boundaries.
>>
>>2677006
I understand, I just thought it was funny because of how, as you put it, empty cans would rattle. As I said though, I'm in the wrong and I understand that. Sadly, I was still in one of those moods coming out of /int/ and I apologize. God, I hate my fucking countrymen sometimes. Sorry again though for bringing that crappy attitude here.
>>
fedora tipping isn't history or humanities
>>
>>2677006
>they care about concepts like freedom and personal liberty which transcend ethnic boundaries.

Pffft.
>>
>>2676674
I think it was mainly a case of trade routes changing. It seems to me that the middlemen of any trade network tend to do very well. In the old world trade network pre-columbus, the middlemen were India and West Asia, so they tended to be at the confluence of trade, culture, and ideas. Europe was more of a periphery, a place where wealth constantly flows out towards the cores states. China was also a center of trade in east asia, and that was what made them very successful.

Now, once the Americas are discovered, suddenly the trade network is pulled west, and Europe goes from being a periphery to the middle. Wealth is pouring in rather than out. Since enhanced sailing skills allow them to reach India directly, the Middle East is made irrelevant as a middleman, and India would suffer the same fate once sailing tech got even better and Europeans could go straight to the orient.

Of course, with the settling of the west coast of North America, and the establishment of major trade routes across the pacific, the trade network has expanded once more, and the new center is America.

I can't really back this up, it's just what it seems like to me.
>>
>>2676674
>if i claim this empty nearly-uninhabitable land that no one else wants and that i've never set foot on it means i've conquered it
>>
>>2677245
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2677006
>race
The term is ethnicity since Americans are European mongrels disgusting filthy Non Anglo garbage.
>>
>>2676674
They stole other peoples's inventions
>>
>>2676775
Trade winds make that irrelevant as the Spanish showed, famalam.
>>
>>2677214
>>>/leftypol/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/blacked/
>>>/revleft/
>>
>>2676674
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with firearms, bacteria and alloys.
>>
>>2677245
You realize india is one of the most densely populated places on earth? What about egypt, Burma, malaysia? Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>2676709

No but it was exceptional when it came to civilization for most of the history of civilization.

Europe pulled ahead the last ~500 years, but that's ~500 years next to a good 3000 years of civilization. The enlightenment / industrial revolution marked a point where we started to push into exponential growth in terms of productivity / science, but its still been a relatively short time in human history, and being the origin point doesn't necessarily give you all the credit long-term. It's like with gunpowder, people always say "yeah the chinese came up with it, but we made it properly functional". What's to say other societies won't take the best advantage of the things Europe has created the last few hundred years?

Europe is a shadow of its former self. America is in the spotlight for now, but they just filled the vacuum Europe left when they shit the bed, and unless something changes their trajectory I'd argue their golden days are past them. I wouldn't be at all surprised for an asian power to take the torch again in the next few decades/centuries.
>>
>>2677290
JIDF pls go
>>
>>2676674
Animals found in colder regions tend to be on average smarter than animals near the equator (I say on average because we all know that apes and Elaphants live near the equator). This is because they have less energy available to them so thir behavior needs to be smarter.
If you were hungry and had to run miles to catch your food, it'd be easier to do in warmer enviroments. In tbe cold, it could kill you. This is why whites ppl who lived in colder regions are more successful.
Take the vikings, they gad barely anything on their land, so they had to learn to scower the nort sea for sustainance to survive upon.
>>
>>2676750
It's hard to get people to organize when they don't even want to look at one another because they're so butt-ugly
>>
>>2677006
>Americans don't care about race
The entire immigration policy of America prior to 1965 would disagree with you. Also 3/5 compromise. Also Jim Crow. Also ever suffering to deal with niggers
>>
>>2677414
You don't just catapult from backwater to glory just like that, retard. Europe already possessed the necessary modes of thought and technologies to dominate long before the Enlightenment or Industrial revolution. Even art was already the best (most complex and most technically developed not talking about taste) by at least the Renaissance for all of Europe, Greco-Roman if you want to only consider Meds.
It's pretty insulting to imply that Europe was ONLY a backwater until they magically were not
>>
>>2677590
t. Gun Germ Steel
>>
File: 1491854842754.png (73KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491854842754.png
73KB, 1136x640px
>>2677414
If Rome did not fall, we would go to the moon 500 years sooner
>>
File: calling bullshit.gif (56KB, 262x303px) Image search: [Google]
calling bullshit.gif
56KB, 262x303px
>>2677590
>Take the vikings, they gad barely anything on their land, so they had to learn to scower the nort sea for sustainance to survive upon.
MORE FOOD AND BETTER AGRICULTURE IS WHAT LED THE VIKINGS TO RAID MORE AAAAA FUCKING CUNT
>>
>>2677590
The Ice Age hypothesis explains why Eurasians are smart not why whites are smart because the Ice Age was nearly ending by the time whites first started existing.

Also cold doesnt cause intelligence it is actually FOOD SCARCITY, the less food the more the thinky thinky humans will outbreed the impulsive imbeciles because they will obviously die. Unlike in Africa where the impulsive idiots outbreed the thinky thinkys all the time, sure some thinky thinky niggers managed to group together to form the first black civilizations which is extremely impressive since eurasians have no such feats as creating a society out of feral savages.
>muh germanics
Germanics had the same level of intelligence as Romans they were just hunter gatherers thats all, and this is proven by the Germans almost conquering Europe WHILE IT HAD MANY DEVELOPED CIVILIZATIONS. The Romans only conquered Europe because most of it was hunter gatherer tribes. So its not the same.

However once you remove whitey, the thinky thinky niggers start to get outnumbered by the impulsive idiots leading to the shithole we call Sub Saharan Africa.
>>
>>2676674
Intelligence and manipulation
>>
>>2676674
Yakub made the white race, now because of him they are destroying the black and brown peoples of the world
>>
Kind of a chicken or egg.

Rome made everyone get their shit together early on, instead of being petty "WE" tribalists, concerned with village nonsense. Accepting Christianity and reforming it into a reflection of Roman high civilization gave Europe a heavily uniform value system and information sharing (and preservation) system, long before everyone else caught on. But again, chicken or egg.

We know full-well what placed Europe ahead of everyone else, contemporarily; the trade race, the age of discovery, trying to get one over on your competing neighbor by being the first to monopolize and weaponize spices and fertile new, poorly defended lands.

Again, chicken or egg, as the Vikings tried that and found nothing but fish, which they had back in Scandinavia.
>>
>>2676674
Technology and ideas tended to flow from East to West, so Europeans benefited the most from what Asia and the Middle East originally developed. China also suffered from Confucianism, which was conservative and repressive of more radical ideas that could have turned it into a more progressive power. The east was also less interested in colonialism and preferred simple trade (look up Zheng He) Also Europe had the benefit of ocean currents, which allowed them to cross the Atlantic relatively painless.
>>
>>2676674
having no soul
>>
>>2677359
You realize those aren't the places I'm talking about?
I'm referring to the vast majority of Canada and Australia, and a decent chunk of british africa.
>>
>>2676822
y-yeah fuck the queen
>>
>>2676674
>a warrior culture?

Europeans were FAR from being the only war like culture. Here is want I think: compartmentalization. There was a lot of proto-states fighting but the high number of them in the area limited the scope of the damage. This in turn help keep development inching forwards and gave ideas from the last a faster pace to be tried out in the next war.
>>
REEEEEEEEEE NAZIS GET OUT
>>>/pol/
WHITE PEOPLE DONT EXIST
GERMANS EXIST
BRITS EXIST
FRENCHMAN EXIST
WHITE IS AN AMERICAN CONSTRUCT
>>
>>2676674

Hero cultures that promote adventure, a pioneering spirit and the struggle toward the transcendant.
>>
Christianity does not promote a warrior culture in the slightest. Also only few "white" countries conquered other countries.

So the answer is a number of variants (such as geography and necessity) leading to technological advancement which led to some European nations having an edge over other peoples.
>>
>>2676775
Read Guns, Germs, and Steel

If China had more natural land barriers, or just balkanized, then maybe, if not that then at least australia
>>
File: 1492434469521.jpg (149KB, 663x848px) Image search: [Google]
1492434469521.jpg
149KB, 663x848px
>>2676674
Funny meme though, 10/10
>>
>>2678896
Guns, Germs and Steel is literally retard food.

It's pop-history at best, with next to no evidence, bad logic and inherent contradictions.
>>
File: 1483642222246m.jpg (113KB, 1024x531px) Image search: [Google]
1483642222246m.jpg
113KB, 1024x531px
>>2679038
Thanks for reminding me, i saved this because i was going to make a thread debunking it, never got to it though
>>
>>2676674
The essential nobility of the Anglo-Saxon spirit.
>>
>>2678896
Guns Germs and Steel is legit trash
>>
>>2676690
>It was a backwater for most of its history, Asia being the centers of culture and domination for most of world history (as well as being the origin of cilvilization).
t. Jiang Lao Ping
>>
File: crusaders .jpg (418KB, 1280x1640px) Image search: [Google]
crusaders .jpg
418KB, 1280x1640px
>>2676674
In short, yes.
>>
>>2677723
Thats what I meant you dibshit

>sustainance to survive upon

They found Britain to have fertile soil and wanted it. To get it they had to be smart, but then of course good ole William barred them from ever bothering the Brits again
>>
>>2679131
What does that quote even mean
>>
>>2676823
Who is this qt?
>>
>>2677414
quality post.

Most of /his/ is so ignorant when it comes to China; they don't realize that western supremacy has been a blip in history.

By 2020-2030 India and China will dominate globally.
>>
>>2677689
>Citing an academic's evidence backed judgement

nothing wrong with that
>>
>>2677673
Come on, anon, you're better than this.

>You don't just catapult from backwater to glory just like that, retard

Well it does happen pretty quickly. Despite what people on this board say, in the medieval period of Europe was an isolated backwater, in comparison to the Middle East, Persia, India and China, Indochina.

If you have ever read anything, and your reason is not the slave of your passions, then you'll just accept this and get over it.

The advent of the printing press in Europe (it already existed in China), as well as the discovery of shittones of classical manuscripts, triggered the Renaissance in Europe. Combine this with the discovery of America - a lot of resources - and Europe becomes important very quickly. Only by the 18th century, when overpopulation in China brought about famines, did Europe surpass the the former.

You claim that Europe could have dominated long before the Enlightenment, but it couldn't have. China could have.

Look up Zheng He, the navigator and sailor. China was perfectly capable of colonizing SEA, parts of Africa, etc, but they didn't. The Chinese are arrogant and xenophobic due to them being fully aware of how superior they have been for most of history. They chose not too.

>it's pretty insulting
Awwww, did it hurt your feelings?
>>
I wish I was white.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.