[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are PMCs ethical or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1484064175045.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484064175045.gif
991KB, 500x281px
Are PMCs ethical or not?
>>
>>
No more or less than any other kind of paid soldiers, surely?
>>
>>2676282
Totally.
A nation has to pay regular soldiers wages, so it's literally no different.

>inb4 war crimes
There's no such thing as a war crime.
>>
I find it funny when hippies complain about what amounts to REMFs with higher salaries but no TRICARE.
>>
>>2676282
Yes. They tend to do unethical things though
>>
Mercanaries are a staple of human societies for thousands and thousands and thousands of years

It's nothing new, just a few generations born privileged enough to live in a world of peace thinking this is the norm
>>
>>2676282
All I'm saying... Is give war a chance!
>>
>>2676282
As ethical as any other group declaring war for material objectives.
>>
File: 2252.jpg (85KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
2252.jpg
85KB, 620x372px
>>2676282
On their own, mercenaries fulfill an economic niche for soldiers which a ruling body can quickly mobilize without having to incur the cost and responsibilities of raising and training soldiers for a standing army. Often these niches include guard duty, logistic supply, and technical know-how. As long as they don't gain too much influence and remain subservient and supplemental to government forces, they can be a cost-effective short-term solution for a country in need of cheap military oriented labor.

However, when they are allowed to gain too much influence they can become a cancer on their society, and mercenaries are the common denominator for the collapse of civilized society. From ancient Rome to the Han Dynasty to renaissance Italy and Sub-Saharan Africa in the 20th century, they are at the heart of some of history's most appalling tragedies. As they are not soldiers they have no fealty to any government and are as such less accountable, and once a ruling regime establishes violence as an appropriate protocol for eliciting political change, the ones who are the best at being violent and ruthless float to the top, and that's exactly the kind of person you don't want calling the shots in your society.
>>
>>2677019
so do soldiers.

modern day mercs are worse off since they aren't protected from the legal repercussions of whatever nation they're in at the moment.
>>
>>2676282
They are
The most ethical example of mercenaries i can think of are the swiss guard
>>
File: 1484341227482.png (78KB, 215x443px) Image search: [Google]
1484341227482.png
78KB, 215x443px
>>2676282
Is there any objective proof for the statement "Kids are cruel Jack?"
Even then, Sundowner of the Californian Wildfire's arguments were heavily reliant on the naturalistic fallacy, just because children are cruel by nature, doesn't mean that cruelty is good.
If I had to base my philosophy on a quote from MGRR, it would be "MADE WITH RUSSIAN MONEY, TO MAKE RUSSIA MONEY," nice summery of the history of the "post"-colonial world
>>
>>2676282
>ethical
Of course, the concept of PMCs coexists perfectly fine with international law.

Whether or not PMCs are moral is a very different question.
>>
If they aren't, how's an honest warmonger supposedly to make a living
>>
File: stob D.png (14KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
stob D.png
14KB, 701x701px
>>2676289
>>
>>2678820
No they don't, Geneva conventions?
>inb4 America's Jew lawyers autistic rejection argument
It's a potential breach of national loyalty. Otherwise Al-Qaeda might as well be legal.
>>
>>2678812
"Memes, the DNA of the soul." Is a better quote to describe the modern human condition. That isn't a joke.
>>
>>2676282

Do you mean mercenaries? Why wouldn't they be ethical? What kind of a moron are you, anyway?
>>
>>2681480
>Otherwise Al-Qaeda might as well be legal.

They are you dumb prick. The reason the US is trying to wipe them out is because they attacked the US, not because they're "illegal".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.