[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1473273496286.jpg (1MB, 1500x2090px) Image search: [Google]
1473273496286.jpg
1MB, 1500x2090px
Currently Sunni but I believe that Ali Talib was Muhammad 's(pbuh) successor but was usurped by Umar. However disagree with Shia concept of divine imamate and changing the Shahada. Is there any branch of Islam that has this belief?
>>
>>2673245
Okay. How did Umar "usurp" Ali from the succession?
>>
>>2673256
After his pilgrimage the prophet chose Ali to be his successor. Ali was basically a son to him, and honestly i doubt the prophet would lack the forsight to choose a successor.

Umar however, strong armed his way into succession
>>
also, regarding the other companion's jealosy of Ali, it wasn't the first time they snubbed him .
>>
>>2673279
1) The Prophet never made an explicit statement on who to succeed him. The Hadith you're referring to has multiple interpretations. The strongest evidence we do found, however, is the Prophet (while on his deathbed) appointed ABU BAKR (not Ali) to LEAD the people in PRAYERS. He literally APPOINTED Abu Bakr as the IMAM while the Prophet was dying.

2) It's not about foresight - The Prophet obviously allowed the Muslims on who to lead them. If the Prophet made a PRECEDENT on SUCCESSION. The "Presidency" can become potentially MONOPOLIZED by either a family or whatever group.

3) Umar NEVER strong armed himself into succession. He was selected by a group of people after Abu Bakr died.
>>
>>2673284
You've been reading too many Shia concoctions. And I say that because many Shia narrations cannot be actually verified.

This idea that the Sahabas conspired against Ali or held some type of malicious jealousy does not hold water against verified narrations.
>>
>>2673315
Salaam brother,
I think you make a strong argument and that I will need to reconsider my sources.
>>2673321
Salaamaliukum,

I'm against division of the Ummah, but I do admit that this thread was more for trying to glean information from people and most of my own information I haven't done any homework on but is from word of a sheik.
>>
If any Shia do happen to come across this thread please do share your knowledge on the issue if you have any.
>>
>>2673346
Wa'Alaikumu Salam,

For this issue I'd advise reading and checking how Abu Bakr became the successor of the Prophet, and secondly the murder of Uthman. I'd highly recommend to stick with only Sunni scholars and sources because their historical narrations are actually legitimate and can be verified.

Shias sources are historically illegitimate. Anyways, be careful.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.