[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite the soviets being soviets Were they the good guys in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_vSWqA9Mt.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
4L_vSWqA9Mt.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Despite the soviets being soviets
Were they the good guys in this war?
Also is there any in depth documentaries that arent US propaganda that a /his/torian coukd recommend?
>>
theres no such thing as a "good guy" in war
>>
>are there any indepth documentaries
I think it's better to go to Soviet Memoirs of the war. I think there was one on youtube I found a while back on the war, but I don't remember the title.
>>
File: 1467386192878.png (872KB, 642x855px) Image search: [Google]
1467386192878.png
872KB, 642x855px
>>2672074
There where no "good guys" But the Axis where alot better than the Soviets, that's for sure.
>>
>>2672554
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>2672554
>you must be 18 or older to post here
>>
fighting against opiate-growing headchoppers imported from pakistan at the behest of a secular, functional government does make you the lesser evil, yes. c'mon just look at that slice of watermelon. so good
>>
File: storm333.jpg (44KB, 550x401px) Image search: [Google]
storm333.jpg
44KB, 550x401px
>>2672710
>functional government
Eh. Sort of the opposite, thats why they ended up invading.
>>
>>2672074
They were not the good guys in this or any other war or at all.
>>
No good, no bad; only realpolitik and short-sighted interests.
>>
>>2672554
Axis was already cucked out of existance by the time OP talks about...
>>
>>2672074
Afgan is good for the personal situations of Soviet soldiers and is on YouTube. Has one od the hardest hitting scenes I've ever seen in a documentary, with an APC and strangely fitting lyrics. According to some, after the scene, the APC was hit by an RPG.
>>
>>2672074
Read Artyem Borovik's account of the Afghan war from the perspective of a Soviet journalist. Adam Curtis' Bitter Lake and Power of Nightmares both have segments on the war.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxydMf3bcM
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.