[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is autism/ADHD overdiagnosed, &humanities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is autism/ADHD overdiagnosed, &humanities?
>>
>>2671489
>>>/sci/
>>
>>2671489
>>2671507
This is mostly a sociological thing desu

That being said, I think it is. Half of it has no firm basis in reality and can be chalked down to single mothers simpky not knowing how to raise their kids.
>>
>>2671535
>This is mostly a sociological thing desu
No, it's psychiatric. This belongs on /sci/ because we're talking about a measurable and inheritable mental disorder.
>>
>>2671566
>ADHD not partially rooted in pseudoscience
cringe
>>
>>2671566
>measurable
pfthahaha I needed a laugh
>>
>>2671566
Nah... you can actually see if someone has ADHD by looking at a brain image.
>>
https://youtu.be/V6qjHQuoZKY

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=thom+hartmann+adhd+
>>
>>2671489

It is. But the major factor in the increase is less a change in diagnostic categories and more the fact that children are exposed to dopaminergic electronic stimulation combined with bad sleep because of all the fucking lights.

If you fuck up a child's sense of impulse control and forethought WHILE fucking up their sleep pattern...

Today's modern environment is unique compared to the vast majority of history, let alone prehistory.

I mean you're getting children who have problems navigating and visualizing 3-D shapes because they use a 2-d flatscreen IPad all the fucking time.
>>
>>2673169
>But Ipads can do 3-d shapes...

But they're not engaging the prioperceptve reflexes and habituation that would guide their hands around complex real world 3-D objects.
>>
In my own personal experience,yes.
When my brother was 9 , a teacher kept complaining that my little brother would constantly get up from his chair and wanted to read novels instead of whatever fucking textbook they were reading. He didn't really have problems with concentration, he just likes reading Harry Potter books and was bored as fuck in school.
My kid brother for the longest time was prescribed to 30 mg extended release Adderall. Motherfucker would be up for days at a time , wouldn't eat and had anger issues like a motherfucker and would beat the shit out of kids in his middle school for no good reason. But it's okay because lol he can concentrate now. It wasn't until he was 15 and got into some serious health/mental disorders and beat a schoolmate to near death while going through psychosis/sleep deprivation that my parents finally stopped giving Adderall. And guess what? The psychiatrist was pissed and was trying to get my brother to continue taking Adderall while he was in a juvenile prison facility, even though he knew all the issues my brother had with that shit. In fact without him going to jail, idk how the fuck he would have been able to get off the shit.
At the end of the day, my brother dropped out of school because he was so burnt out by the time he got off Adderall he would not do shit at school. He can barley read to this day. He ended getting into underwater welding and makes very good money now, but still. Adderall took a very bright, curious, well behaved, mild mannered kid and made him into a speed demon because teachers were mad that he didn't want to sit in a seat all day.

There has to be an alternative solution than giving kids amphetamines.
>>
>>2673302

Jesus christ, why didn't your parents stop the medication immediately after the first insomniac episode?

I'm sorry but this is a fail on part of your parents and on part of the treating psychiatrists.

>There has to be an alternative solution than giving kids amphetamines.

Homeschooling. Public schools are monstrous pathological institutions.
>>
>>2673354
Because they wrote that off as boys being boys and wanting to stay up to play video games all night. They also were string believers in mental health professionals. Both of them came from really good families that couldn't afford shit like psychologist and marriage counseling. All the issues they ever had in life were "solved" by mental health professionals.

Now a days they are almost activist for the reform of the health system. On top of my brother, my adopted uncle suffered PTSD from the civil war in El Salvador and was medicated to death. And a cousin got hooked on pain medications during the pill mill boom in Florida and also overdosed. They went from medicine solves all to drinking tea and herbs and shit trying to figure out alternative remedies.
>>
Schools are run by women for girls.

Boys are viewed as defective girls.

Ergo all this horseshit
>>
>>2673389
PROTIP: They're mostly useless. You'd make more money gambling that a couple is going to divorce after marriage counseling than the reverse.

>>2673394

Schools are run by bureaucrats removed from any sort of common sense or intelligence in regards to pedagogy.

Schools are run by men who delegate to women, which provides the bosses with a harem of sorts. Boys are viewed not as defective girls but living liabilities who invoke the terror of a lawsuit in their wake.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.