[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is circumcision so important in the Torah? God could have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 14563502689377.jpg (2MB, 1632x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14563502689377.jpg
2MB, 1632x1000px
Why is circumcision so important in the Torah? God could have came up with literally any other flesh covenant, like a brand on your chest or something. Why was his first thought "remove the extra skin on your penis"?
>>
>>2671403
>don't masturbate
>>
>>2671413
srly tho, who knows how this stuff gets started

americans were convinced this would prevent masturbation and later they were convinced it would be more hygienic

truth is, for the longest time, dads have been doing this to their boys because it was done to them
>>
>>2671403
It probably did have legitimate health benefits back then
>>
>>2671403
Well, from an anthropological point of view, it probably had to do with how circumcision generally catches on in places where they don't have much in the way of water to wash with, as it helps keep down infections and shit in your junk when you can't bathe regularly.

As for how the ancient Hebrews themselves probably justified it, at an education guess, I would advance the following: Infertility is a huge deal to those people, and worries about not being able to produce children permeate the entire Bible. You get a lot of focus on the Patriarchs, and except for Jacob and Leah, they all have trouble having kids. Abraham, who starts it off, has the prophecy/angelic message about the birth of Isaac right after he circumcises himself, and I very much doubt the ancient Hebrews had no explanation as to the juxtaposition; it probably was meant to demonstrate how their god was superior to natural forces of the world, how despite them carving up their penises, they now work BETTER than before. This ties into their numerology systems, where 7 represents physical perfection, and 8, being one more than 7, represents going beyond physical perfection; and again, it's no accident that the baby is supposed to be circumcised on the 8th day.

But like I said, that's an educated guess.
>>
>>2671403
Afro-Asiatics are sex-obsessed and always think about "muh dick".
>>
>>2671419
Masturbation releases energy you otherwise use to do religious activities. It relaxes you and lowers fanaticism.
1984 explains this concept.
>>
>>2671462
Get a load of this retard. Literally advancing his own headcanon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.