[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Europeans"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1488942245681.jpg (178KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488942245681.jpg
178KB, 1000x1000px
When did Europeans become Europeans?

Perhaps during the Religious wars when the separation of Church and state began and the staple borders of Europe were established and throughout the Napoleonic wars and thereafter?

Was it during the centralization of the Catholic Church in the 11-13th centuries?

Was it after the fall of the WRE and post dark ages that followed the fall into the 7th century?

Was it during the Colonization of the northern Mediterranean in the bc700-1ad and possibly during the unification of the Roman Empire?

Do tell me /his/ I haven't the slightest.
>>
>>2668219
The idea of Christendom ends after ww1
It was less European more colonial power, if you kept your colonies you were cool, if t.rks were raping you then you're clearly not worth saving
>>
>Was it during the centralization of the Catholic Church in the 11-13th centuries?

yeap, but most scholars would like to ignore this fact because of their own biases. It's ridiculous that you can read entire textbooks on the history of europe with no mention of the holy sacraments.
>>
probably the fall of the WRE and the rise of Islam, which divided the mediterranean and made francia the main power
>>
>>2668219
'Europe' replaced 'Christendom' during the 16th century due to the Reformation and the discovery of America.
>>
>>2668242
>francia
>main power
Kekek
>>
>>2668262
>Protestantism removed Christendom
Nah m8
>>2668329
>Laughs in Charlemagne
>>
>>2668219
Europeans started to build a purely-european identity with the frankish Empire. However, it fractured, and with yet many migrations and cultural changes or apperances, it led to the constitution of many cultural enclaves instead of one universal state ; But still, it was there that a separation was made between the "latins" descendents of the "franks" and other areas of influence.
>>
>>2668230
It truly sickens me.

also someone argue this guys>>2668348
>>
>>2668219
Likely started during the 8th century when the muslims conquers of Spain and north africa became the "other" in their identity. It was not a light switch event but rather a process that took a couple centuries. Likely finishing shorty after the first crusade because a number of french and italian traders started going to north africa and wrote home about just how weird they were to them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.