[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reactions to Hiroshima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mfw.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
13KB, 640x712px
>The news of the use of the first atomic bombs against Hiroshima and Nagsaki on August 6 and 9, 1945 evoked a range of different meanings. In addition to the material form the two books by Paul Boyer contained in the reader, here are a few others:

President Harry Truman:

>President Harry Truman was on board the U.S. Augusta, returning from the Potsdown Conference in occupied Germany when he was told of the destruction of Hiroshima. The President told the ship's crew: "This is the greatest thing in history."

Polls:

>A poll taken on August 8, 1945 found that only 10% of population opposed the use of the bombs on Japanese cities; 85% approved.
>Another poll taken in September 1945 reported that 64% of Americans believed that atomic bomb had made war less likely.
>A December 1945 Fortune magazine poll asked whether Americans approved of their government's use of the atomic bombs against Hiroshima and Nagasaki:
>53.5% approved what had been done.
>13.5% believed that there should have been a demonstration of the weapon's power at an isolated site before it was used against a city
>4.5% believed that the atomic bomb should not have been used at all.
>22.7% wished more atomic bombs had been dropped before Japan had an opportunity to surrender
>One woman reported: "I have no feeling of guilt whatever in the use of atomic bombs on Japan. I only regret that atomic bombs were not used to blast the four Jap islands into oblivion. There may be innocent women and children, but they only in my opinion breed moreof the same kind of soldiers to make us trouble in the future."
>The poll found that the welltodo and well educated respondents were less favorable towards the bombing, as were African-Americans regardless of their economic level.

http://www.indiana.edu/~futhist2/Part4/Wk12/reactions.htm

Really makes you think...
>>
People need to read about the Rape of Nanking and the Japanese treatment of POWs before they cry about Hiroshima. Fuck the Japs they deserved it.
>>
>>2667050
This post, too, really makes me think.

The extent to which humanity is willing to go to reek havoc and horror simply gets the noggin' joggin'.
>>
>>2667050
>Rape of Nanking
did not happen
most korean soldier did rape
>treatment of POW
only koreans and chinese treated pows badly
>>
>>2667113
t. Horisho Nagasaki
>>
>>2667050
i used to be a pussy liberal but I completely agree with this line of thinking. The more you actually learn the more realize why certain decisions were made. Fuck the Japs, I'm glad we roasted them instead of wasting more American lives
>>
File: 1487951736521.jpg (40KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487951736521.jpg
40KB, 501x600px
dont nuke my animus wtf
>>
>>2667050
I'm sure every single japanese civilian in Hiroshima took part in the rape of Nanking.
>>
>>2667113
t. ching chong "hirohito" ping ling
>>
>>2667113
t. James 'Kirohito' Smith
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.