[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was their FUCKING problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tjhBnm9ELfg9pyyA3Y4FMoFz.jpg (176KB, 1222x922px) Image search: [Google]
tjhBnm9ELfg9pyyA3Y4FMoFz.jpg
176KB, 1222x922px
What the FUCK was their FUCKING problem?
>>
>>2666128
That's what happens when you leave Mexicans to their own devices. You see it happening pretty similarly now, just with better tech.
>>
File: 220px-Dahala_Khagrabari.png (31KB, 220x246px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dahala_Khagrabari.png
31KB, 220x246px
>>
gods need food too (you) ignorant slave
>>
>>2666128

Aztecs did literally nothing wrong except

1. overfarming their land -> soil fertility depletion
2. cucking out to the spanish
>>
>>2666128
>he wants the sun to stop rising every day
Top pleb.
>>
>>2666128
They were trying to save the world from the downward spiral we are heading today. You should listened.
>>
>>2666128
A much higher brithrate than their agriculture could support. Flower Wars for thousands of human sacrifices and cannibalism each year worked. It didn't only curb the overpopulation and provide delicious human meat, it also cemented the power of the religious and political elites, kept the macehualtin under control and helped keep up alliances.
>>
>>2666385
Cannibalism which is still disputed, if it occurred was highly ritualized and conducted by select members of the elite on few occasions. It would hardly be enough to curb an overpopulation problem. Human sacrifices also rarely seem to exceed around 4000 a year (cortes estimate). There is no archeological data that supports tens of thousands every year. I think at most 100 or so have been found in the main temple.
>>
>>2666385
>A much higher brithrate than their agriculture could support.
I won't bother to discuss the eternal debate of the malthusian hypothesis, I will only say that Tenochtitlan and the surrounding cities kept growing.

>Flower Wars for thousands of human sacrifices and cannibalism each year worked.
1. The sacrifices of captured warriors (which comprised 99% of the annual sacrifices) were done during the solstice of spring and the following 20 days, i.e. the harvest season, when food was plenty.
2. The consumption of meat was ritualistic, the right thighs of the sacrificed warriors were given to the nobility and those who captured the warriors.
3. >"Conservatively, we suppose that all the victims were males of 60kg with 16% of protein, a similar amount to the lean meat of pork and lamb (Consumer and Food Economics Research Division, 1963), and digestible in a 90%. A skillful butchering would provide 60% of this meat (Garn and Block, 1970). Thus, every victim would provide a total of 60kg*0.16*0.60*0.90= 5.18 kg. If we also consider many documents of this practice, only the limbs were eaten and the total of protein would be 5.18*0.35=1.81 kg. The same amount of protein can be found in a kilogram of fishes."
>Aztecs had excelent sources of protein to compensate the lack of farm animals. For example, the lean meat of beef has 18.7% of protein and 18.2% of fat while lean meat of pork has 17.5% 13.2% respectively (Bresani 1972). In comparision the meat of the most common insect, the grasshopper, had up to 30% of protein while some other insects such as jumiles and the red mezcal worms had up to 70% (Ramos de Elurdoy, 1982). In terms of essential aminoacids, the quality of the insect meat is comparable to that of farm animals and it only shows an important deficiency in methionine and tryptophan.
- Bernardo Ortiz de Montellano, Aztec Medicine and Health, and Nutrition
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.