[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Mongols liked christians more than the muslims?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Alliance delayed.jpg (19KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance delayed.jpg
19KB, 260x221px
Why did the Mongols liked christians more than the muslims?
>>
>>2665131
That is a good question!

You would think that being able to have many wives and take land for religious cause would have been suiting to The mongols for their raider like attitude. Similar to what the Turks adopted.

I'm not too sure, but it would make a killer alt his topic if the Mongols did convert to Islam instead.

I havent the slightest why they choose Christianity.
>>
>>2665131
I don't know, maybe because they weren't a major contending force. They later adopted Islam after analyzing it's benefits.
They did attack eastern Europe a number of times.
>>
Booze, same with Russians.
>>
>>2665196
They did and the Timurid wars were the result of that. It nearly destroyed the Church of the East.
>>
>>2665131
Many of the khans had Christian mothers and/or consorts, usually of the Church of the East.
>>
>>2665237
That was the main church operating in the area along with Manichaeans. The area West is Jacobite territory.
>>
>>2665131
Because they didnt reach the heart of christianity. Thats a thing you should thank muslims who fought in battle of Ein Jalut for, they did adopt Islam though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.