[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany & Stalingrad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1492227653633.png (1MB, 881x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1492227653633.png
1MB, 881x1065px
why did the Germans want to capture Stalingrad/Volgograd? was it sort of like in WW1 when the Germans tried to capture Paris, as to deliver a "mortal blow"?
>>
>>2664542
Hitler was a moron.

The original German plan was to cut off the Volga, and have the other 3 (of the 4) panzer divisions go to the caucuses.

They finished this objective by September, but Hitler decided he wanted the city too just because it had Stalin's name attached to it.
>>
>>2664542
Major transpiration hub, need for the oil in the Caucasus, and a bit of Autism regarding the name.
>>
>>2664549
>>2664555

ooh fair enough, could either of you anons link me to a credible source about Hitler wanting to take Stalingrad partially due to its name?
>>
>>2664566
In his speech he specifically says it's "not because of the name". But i think he wasn't honest there. He also states that he doesn't want it to become another Verdun, which it pretty much became, Germans bled for Stalingrad. Tho the speech was less than two weeks prior to Operation Uranus
>>
>>2664542
why did hitler divert the luftwaffe from bombing the RAF into submission to wasting all their resources on bombing london instead which had zero military value?

why was General Schmidt sent Heinkel He 111 carpet bombers only useful for killing civilians when he specifically asked for Junkers Ju 87 precision bombers to be able to take out military targets at the Rotterdam city siege?

why did Manstein have his SS division rearguard suddenly pulled away from him to kill jews in the very first week of operation Barbarossa, letting the russians cut off his flank completely unopposed and halting the blitz on Leninburg right then and there?

hitler was an utter complete moron.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.