[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Islam say about women?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 34

File: download.jpg (8KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 216x233px
I was caught between two people arguing about this over Easter break.

My brother's girlfriend, a typical SJW and has several female muslim friends was virulently defending it saying that it's feminist etc. etc. etc. while my sister and her boyfriend (and he works in the middle east quite a lot) were saying that it's a very misogynist faith etc.

You know, usual sides to that argument. What did come out is that none of them actually -knew- what the books and Hadiths say. So I was wondering, what is actually said in the Qu'ran about this?
>>
>wife beating muslims convinced an entire generation of sjw roasties that islam is female empowering under the guise of muh poor oppressed brown enlightened people from the Orient
Just nuke us all we're all fucked
>>
Long story short women are retarded whores who need alpha male protection & guidance, but they're still human
>>
>>2664077
So basically what your average /pol/tard believes?

Why do they hate em then?
>>
>>2664081
Because most muslims are brown and Islam is anti-racist

Then again Christianity is worship of a brown anti-racist man falsely accused and executed by authorities but don't count on /pol/ having any intelligence
>>
>>2664061
Well, the Quran was written in a part of the world where not burying excess children alive was considered to be new and innovative, so...
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (666KB, 1200x817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
666KB, 1200x817px
>>2664087
You realize the closet genetic relatives to ancient Judeans (the mandeans) are White Levantines, right?
>>
Islam cannot speak.
>>
>>2664089
You mean at a time when not burying your children alive was innovative. Islam had some progressive policies for the time it came into existence. Property rights, divorce, and inheritance are setting Islam enforced for women when other religions denied including Christianity. I'm sick of /pol/tards acting like Islam is the worse religion that has ever existed. The problem with modern Islam is a lack of modernization. The religion is completely fine for when it came into existence. It isn't a femnisits friendly religion but your just straight but ignorant retard if you think Christianity and Judaism are remotely better on paper.
>>
>>2664110
The Bible was pro slave and pro women's rights for the time it was written too ya know
>>
>>2664100
>that
>white

Pick one.
>>
>>2664100
>white levantines
I thought only Europeans were white and middle easterners were 'shitskins'.
>>
>>2664117
Yeah and so was Islam that's my point. They all had their strengths and weaknesses. Islam has actually regressed from when it came out. I know several Muslim mje that's take their wives pay checks when based on their own religion they don't have any right to any money she earns or property she owns.
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (32KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
32KB, 248x189px
>>2664100
>white
>levantines

Nigga I'm FROM the levant and that's bullshit

We're brown
>>
>>2664157
Are you Mandean or can you not read?
>>
File: 1466222898050.jpg (34KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1466222898050.jpg
34KB, 591x591px
>>2664110

Lack of modernization is built into the Quran.

Christianity had it built in because it was a vague and metaphorical text which anyone can interpret more than two ways at any given time and cherry pick to high heaven. Also translation errors and nit picking. Did you know Luther left out the parts about Alexander the great which is found in the Catholic Bible. To be fair, Luther would be mad at all modern Protestants practicing capitalism. He hated merchants, but anyways...

The Quran on the other hand is kept in Arabic and not to be translated. Whereas the Bible was written by men who were divinely inspired, the Quran is the direct word of god.

And it tells people its OK to do some barbaric shit in the name of their god. So when Isis says they are following the rules set forth in the Quran, they aren't wrong.

Sam Harris basically explains this in a review of one of Isis's magazine:

https://youtu.be/B_ToLv3rt1M
>>
>>2664184
>Lack of modernization is built into the Quran.
Nonsense. Islam has evolved and changed over the years like all religions. Plenty of stuff Muslims practice now isn't in the Quran and contradicts passes in the Quran. Like half of Saudi Arabias anti women laws.
>>
>>2664184
This, I'm all for not applying modern standards of morality to historical figures but when one historical figure from the 7th century is upheld as the standard for the morality of over a billion people historical relativism has no place in de emphasising his shittiness.
>>
>>2664193
Do they contradict verses that haven't been abrogated?
>>
>>2664180
Mandeans aren't white bruh

And aside from that, the closest modern relatives of biblical Jews are Palestinians
>>
>>2664061
Make no mistake, in the majority of Muslim countries women are aren't worth shit. They are often subject to genital mutilation at a young age, typically done by close family members. They are forced to wear the burka/rags, don't believe lies telling you its a choice, or its more liberating to women.

I really can't believe SJWs will defend Islam, all they have to do is just spend more than 10 minutes studying women's rights in that part of the world. Maybe they also conveniently forget the many women activists in the ME who are constantly advocating for better rights and even equal education.
>>
>>2664278

Reason why Muslim countries are shit is they don't have usury.

They can't build industries without capital and lending instruments.

The only time they are rich is when they sell off natural resources. Once that is gone well... Back to the desert.
>>
>>2664346
Lel "islamic finance" is a load of bunk. They engage in usury like everyone else but present it as a convoluted system of "discounts"
>>
>>2664353
Are you claiming that Islamic finance isn't sharia-compliant?
>>
>>2664373
I'm saying it's usury by another name.
>>
File: 1486688967195.jpg (25KB, 326x309px) Image search: [Google]
1486688967195.jpg
25KB, 326x309px
>>2664373

It's is Islamic as Christians claim they can still be a good Christian while being Capitalists.

It says no loans at interest and by god damn fucking it, they are pretending to take on risk by being part of the business when they are in fact, not.

Ergo, neither modern Christians nor Muslims who lend money are really Muslims or Christians.

Luther would have put most modern Christians to death.
>>
>>2664278

>I really can't believe SJWs will defend Islam, all they have to do is just spend more than 10 minutes studying women's rights in that part of the world.

Do you think you're the only person with access to that information? They see the same shit we see. SJWs don't "defend" Islam, they've been told that discrimination against Muslims exists, and they want to be part of the solution.

The thing they care the most about in life is being "one of the good ones." This is because they lack self-esteem (and believe in Whig historiography). They're afraid that they have no actual value as human beings (that would make them equal to the rest of us) so they try to curry favor with people by not being a part of their problems. They see all of us fighting each other and hating each other and oppressing each other and they want to be the one person who swoops in and isn't "racist" or "islamophobic" or whatever.

The problem is that in order for them to maintain this identity, they have to thwart any actual progress and otherwise paint society in the most negative light imaginable. If people become "good," then these people aren't "better" anymore. One of the good ones. The tiresome Republican refrain that "liberals are the real racists" resonates in this instance. They want the world to be as evil and oppressive and cold as possible, and they certainly don't want to be in charge of it.

The thing they hate the most is when WE sit here and accuse THEM of double standards as if it's their standards that the world operates on. They don't want us to even be able to hear them. But rather to recline and mutter paeans to their own moral superiority. If the indigenous populaces of Europe rose up tomorrow and began the process of expelling all the Muslims and other foreigners from their lands, these "SJWs" would protest, but they would make sure not to do enough to prevent it all from happening. Because all they want is to be "one of the good ones."
>>
>>2664087

>Islam is anti-racist
>>
>>2664061
The terms 'feminist' and 'misogynist' are terms that you can't accurately apply to Islam, since those terms express a modern worldview while Islam is a pre-modern movement. Islam doesn't hate women, but it doesn't empower women with the rights the feminism demands either.

In a nutshell in islam (as in christianity), men and women are viewed as different but complementary. In practice this means that men and women have different laws to follow. For example, a muslim man may only marry a muslim or christian or jewish woman, but a muslim woman may only marry a muslim man. Men may not wear gold jewellery, woman may, etc.

Islam was progressive for its time (e.g. in islam marriage is voluntary for women not imposed by their father etc.), which is why some people claim it is feminist, but it's really pre-feminist historically and by definition, and people that call it feminist are either stupid or lying. On the other hand people who call it misogynist mean that anything not feminist is hateful to women, and they are stupid or lying too.
>>
>>2664388
Yeah no one is living up to their traditions it seems.

>secular judaism

Has got to take the cake though. At least Christians and Muslims don't have the chutzpah to claim to be secular lol like wat

Abraham rolling in his grave could power Tel Aviv with perpetual motion
>>
>>2664077

>beating women, belittling them, hating gays, etc makes you "alpha"

When will this meme die? Islam is the most beta religion on Earth. If you're really an "alpha male" you don't have to keep going on and on about how wives must obey their husbands and shit, much less claim that God says so. Faggots who sit on online and call other dudes "cuckolds" to make themselves feel better about themselves are proto-Wahhabis. Real gangster ass niggas don't flex nuts cause real gangster ass niggas know they got em.
>>
>>2664087

Oh cool, someone from the Daily Kos circa 2004 showed up in this thread
>>
>>2664076
>muslims convinced an entire generation of sjw roasties that islam is female empowering
they didn't convince anyone of that, i don't mean this as an insult but you are probably on the autism spectrum if you think that's actually what these people believe
>>
>>2664076
No SJW believes any Abrahamic religion is inherently "female empowering". That can't be the case considering they were born in very patriarchal times, at best they can be better than what the local paganism had to offer (and that's arguable in some cases).

What they believe in is that some versions of those religions can be "female empowering" and that some theists can be less misogynistic than some atheists/agnostics/non-believers. Which is true since even if atheists are less sexist on average, red pillers are probably mostly atheist young men.
>>
>>2664061
Well, I don't know the language, and I've never read the book, but you can always just look around at any moslem country out there and try to deduce their position on the issue. There is a contingent on /pol/ that respects moslems in a way, because of their standing on certain social issues such as this one. So figure it out.
>>
>>2664416
This, case closed. Now go to a useful thread faggots
>>
>>2664081
It requires that they have to leave their house at least one in their lifetimes.
>>
>>2664087
>1st century Jew
>brown
>>
>>2664216

Palestinians are from Saudi arabia
>>
>>2664100

Those people aren't white, closest living relatives are Samaritans and most of them are white
>>
>>2664061
It is very feminist indeed.

It is so feminist that it's clergy has a system of wife beatings enforced and laid out in the Qur'an. So feminist that it mandates women are worth less than a man. Very feminist.

>Inb4 muh interpretation

The Quran is the word of Allah, the world's most perfect man, it is only literal and not up for interpretation.

>Inb4 different translations

Arabic isn't as hard to discern in english flush as you think it is and it certainly doesn't drastically change the meaning

Women believing it is feminist is a pure form of taqiyya.

Just look at this fine evidence that Islam is indeed quite feminist:

https://youtu.be/vkWVdAfXbXI
>>
>>2665331
Fucking Autocorrect
>>
>>2664434
You'll be surprised as you get older how many men all over the world are gigantic pussies who are just posturing. It's all about aesthetics these days, just like with women.
>>
>>2665331
You sure are here for the humanities part because you clearly dont know shit about history
>>
Why are western feminists always to quick to defend a religion that is clearly anti women rights, I just don't get it, they'll even defend the burka
>>
>>2664414
Islam doesn't really recognize different traits like race. In islam, a person is either a muslim or infidel.
>>
>>2664061
Islam doesn't say anything about women
>>
>>2665421
But you could say that about any religion what the fuck
>>
>>2665428
Exactly. Maybe islam and the west should collaborate to fight marxism and homosexuality
>>
File: cheers.jpg (29KB, 407x612px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.jpg
29KB, 407x612px
Tequila
>>
>>2664278
>They are often subject to genital mutilation at a young age

Only niggers do this, there is no scriptual basis for FGM, which is why ISIS banned it
>>
>>2665331
Wife beating is a feminist practice because it implies that men and women are equal and that there is no difference between a man beating another man and a man beating a woman.
>>
>>2665467
Didn't your parents teach you not to hit people?
>>
File: received_1484081111619080.gif (2MB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
received_1484081111619080.gif
2MB, 450x290px
>>2665372
>I have no argument so I'll just say I am more educated then you

The historic precident of wife beatings is distinct from a theological justification of it.

Don't dish out shitty insults when you're clearly too dumb to comprehend my point.

>>2665467
>If you marry them it's ok to beat them if they misbehave.
>>
>>2666053
It doesnt have a theoligical justification,what it does have is a theoligical restriction
>>
File: 1490646666800.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1490646666800.png
334KB, 512x556px
>>2666080
No, it directly states that when a woman disobeys it is ok to beat them.

https://quran.com/4/34
>>
>>2664593
>No SJW believes any Abrahamic religion is inherently "female empowering"

"Muslims Are the True Feminists"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gabby-aossey/muslims-are-the-true-feminists_b_9877692.html
>"Muhammad Was A Feminist"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/muhammad-was-a-feminist_b_12638112.html
>>
File: 24231324.jpg (94KB, 634x755px) Image search: [Google]
24231324.jpg
94KB, 634x755px
>>2664076
kuffar are so gullible desu
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>Hitting wives 'a beautiful blessing' from Allah, says Sydney Muslim women's group.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/hitting-wives-a-beautiful-blessing-from-allah-says-sydney-muslim-womens-group/news-story/3f7ba05642ed2d399edd979d9624bfed
>>
>>2666142
Seriously what is Ariana Huffingtons endgame?
>>
>>2664061
Nor should they swing their legs to draw attention to their hidden ornaments.

If you catch my drift.
>>
What's wrong with wife beating?
>>
>>2666550

Nothing anon. The thread is just full of pseudo-intellectual Marxist lefties.
>>
>>2664081
I don't hate anyone, hating people is counterproductive lol

I also don't think women are human
>>
>>2666806
Hehehe we do reach some fucked up levels of enlightenment
>>
>>2666053
are you saying it isn't okay to beat your wife lol?
>>
>>2666104
but it's restricting to her to beatings only when she misbehaves! so empowering! so brave! nevermind the fact that it is still completely arbitrary ;)
>>
File: IMG_6697.png (183KB, 530x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6697.png
183KB, 530x575px
>>2664061

I'm actually at the point now where I wish we got Islam instead of Christianity.

The more autonomy women lose over themselves; the better for society
>>
>>2666879
Fuck off feminist
>>
>>2664061
It's not a misogynistic faith so much as the societies were it is prevalent are misogynistic.

The fluid is the shape of container, not the other way around.
>>
>>2666929
If Westerners got Islam instead of Christianity most Western mosques would have uncovered female imams and peform gay marriages. Why do Westerners have to ruin all based, red-pilled religions?
>>
>>2666953
Women were veiling themselves and being beaten by their husbands in the Middle East millennia before Muhammad showed up.
>>
>>2666953
>lemme make a compromise feel good middle ground statement to maintain political correctness even though it has no basis in the actual facts of the matter: the post
>>>/r/progressive
>>
>>2666984
Tee bee aytch, he's pretty much right.

A religion isn't inherently anything, it's a reflection of the surrounding culture.

Hence why medieval European Christendom basically acted like ISIS.
>>
>>2667035
>culture and religion are hermetically sealed, especially in this part of the world notorious for its over the top religiosity dating back to at least the collapse of the Soviet Union
Do you people listen to yourself?
>>
>>2664061
>SJW and has several female muslim friends was virulently defending it saying that it's feminist
>>
>>2667089
We're saying the exact opposite you moron, culture and religion are constantly being constructed.
>>
>>2667338
When's the last time the section on the koran dealing with woman's rights has been reconstructed?
>>
>>2667356
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>2666104
What I meant is that in pre islamic arabia , people used to beat the shit out of their wives for the slightest of reasons and treated them as subhumans, wheb islam came it restricted that and allowed it in severe conditions like when a woman leaves the house late at night refusing to tell where she is going, but before you should as a muslim man talk to them and forsake them in bed as long as it needs or takes, then you are allowed to beat with very light strikes of siwak(lean and rubbery stick of wood) on hand.
Prophet Muhammad said that he is not a true man and muslim who opresses his wife and beats her.
Also Muhammad is the greatest example of how muslim shall behave and he never laid his hands on a woman nor did he even shout at one, instead he helped them with house work and listened to every complaint they had, in more than once they seemed angry and shouted but he always comforted them.
Many great early islamic scholars(8th and 7th century) prohibited beating.
>>
Gotta love all these /pol/tards complaining about SJW's "supporting" Islam. They just have the audacity to believe that people should be given the same rights and treated the same way regardless of their religion. Of course we conservatives know that things like "Civil Rights" and "Freedom" are limited physical resources and to let a Muslim have them means it gets taken away from a Christian, Just like how when Gays got the right to marry we had to take away the right to marry from Straights because there just aren't enough civil rights to go around.
>>
>>2666962

Because they worship jews.
>>
>>2664157
White people's skin isn't white, daft
>>
>>2664434

Enjoy your blown out dried up 38 year old roastie with 3 "caramel" kids and 6 HPV strains
>>
File: 1462847225902.jpg (149KB, 839x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462847225902.jpg
149KB, 839x696px
Muslim here: question for you lads..

Why do you guys become pro-Women's right all of a sudden when discussing Islam when 99% of threads are "REEE FUCKING WHORES"

now to answer your question OP, from an Islamic perspective, Islam is indeed best for Women as it is best for all society. Freedom in this world is an allusion, and is a tool of satan. Free choice is behind 90%of problems plaguing society. Freedom to abandon your family, freedom from your obligations to create a household in which the sacred roles of the father and mother to raise the next generation, and freedom from obligation to your society. What God commands may not seem right from your "modernist" and so called"enlightened" world view, however you have to trust that god knows best. That is the core of faith.

sorry if this post comes off as arrogant, that wasn't my intention.
>>
>>2664061
Why the fuck do leftists defend Islam of all things? What the fuck is going on here? They hunt for Nazis incessantly but it never seems to occur to them that Islam is against EVERYTHING they stand for.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>2664434
>yeah, real men let their girlfriend have freedom and independence, that's why we've decided to open up our relationship... monogamy is so outdated, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>2664061
The Prophet PBUH said: "The best of you (men) is the ones best to his wife."

The elements that Islam brought to women were nothing short of extreme revolutionary. Islam literally halted the murdering of female toddlers (on the basis of gender) and gave women inheritance rights, property rights, wife rights, etc.

Anyone who actually understands history can understand just how radically Islam changed the treatment of women.
>>
>>2666962
The truth is that nobody is a Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. in modern society. We are all liberals: that is our religion.
>>
File: 1491361544288.png (120KB, 486x417px) Image search: [Google]
1491361544288.png
120KB, 486x417px
>>2668381
>Why do you guys become pro-Women's right all of a sudden when discussing Islam
Because we'd rather deal with our trash than some Moslem's
>>
>>2668381
Your religion is evil and will be remembered as such by your descendants. You will be looked upon by your genetic lineage as a backwards and brainwashed figure
>>
>>2668430
Why deal with anything at all? what is it to you that we don't let our women go out whoring and drinking while babysitting your wife's son?
>>
>>2668435
1438 years strong uncorrupted. No other religion can pull the same claim.

Worry about your own Flint Water shit then bother with random folks in Afghanistan, you redpilled cuck.
>>
>>2668435
how so?
If anything, I would hope future generations would wisen up and realize godless consumerist Western liberal society has destroyed every value civilization once stood for
>>
>>2668444
>constantly at war with itself
>uncorrupted

Whatever you say, enjoy being cucked by Jews like everyone else
>>
File: 1490937690743.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1490937690743.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>2668441
As far as I'm concerned, you can act as you will in your own various shitholes. Hell, keep Constantinople, even, but when you come over to foreign lands, perpetuating some puppydog routine for sympathy points, I get angry.

I'm never going to be content with savages sitting in Europe, just waiting to blow up the Louvre.

Touch one painting, and I'll remove your fetted kebab ass myself
>>
>>2668450
So because Republicans and Democrats might disagree, all of a sudden the constitution is corrupted? Are you stupid?

The Shia/Sunni division is in it's core an issue of heading the government.
>>
>>2668466
well your paintings aren't really the topic of discussion, now is it...

Anyhow, you should stop telling us how to treat women: judging by how "inviting" average woman is i'm getting the impression that they like our way better anyways :^)
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (69KB, 745x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
69KB, 745x800px
>>2664434
real ass post right here my guy
>>
File: 1490950366938.png (237KB, 322x479px) Image search: [Google]
1490950366938.png
237KB, 322x479px
>>2668492
Moslems are iconoclastic.

You scum can't be trusted around art and culturally important sites . I'd rather have you stupid cunts in NA, because then you couldn't do any damage
>>
>>2668527
>I saw ISIS in TV destroying ART
>Muslims can't be trusted!!

if you don't get out with your bullshit, boi
>>
File: 1491617716904.png (350KB, 709x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491617716904.png
350KB, 709x768px
>>2668533
Well, they can't be trusted, because they're encouraged to lie to further Islam, but that's another matter.

>Mazdaism says lying is a mortal sin
>Islam says lying is good

Truly, a godly religion
>>
>>2668545
>Islams says lying is allowed and encouraged

You've spent too much time on the internet. Do yourself a favor and be quiet
>>
>>2668527
Well go ahead and jack off to your paintings buddy, but I thought your type preferred Japanese art for that
>>
>>2666929
>that pic
There is most definitely a 5th column in the liberal intelligentzia. Yes I know those are fringe fuckers, but they are consistently being given platforms time and time again. Wtf?
>>
>the full on regressives in this thread
>>
I'll finish this once and for all for the ones who care about being intellectually honest.

The whole shtick about Muslims allow woman beating has to be explained through all this political fog shit:

- A Muslim man is Islamic-legally allowed to "hit" his woman to the EXTENT of ONLY a feather/pens' weight. Literally, allowed to smack his wife with a feather/pen without being LEGALLY TRIED.

In other words, any Muslims who hits his woman with anything more than that - is LEGALLY TRIED.

In other other words, for the thick-skinned dumbasses, Islam LEGALLY puts a stop to domestic violence by imposing an extent of what is a "hit" and what isn't.

Slapping, smacking with your hand, much less punching, beating, etc is NOT allowed.
>>
>>2668624
/thread
>>
>>2665373
I think the idea that they are is just a pol-tier meme. If you did a survey of feminists regarding their thoughts of Islam, I think most would not be in favor of it.
>>
>>2666550
You'll find out after I forcibly make you my wife.
>>
>>2668388
If she wants to fuck other guys and you stop her (no idea how you would, but let's say you do), she'll still want to fuck other guys. You'll still be a cuck in spirit. You'll fuck her body but not her, and you'Lloyd be jealous all the time. Or you could just let her go and find a different chick. I'd say the latter is better.
>>
>>2664061
>My brother's girlfriend, a typical SJW and has several female muslim friends was virulently defending it saying that it's feminist etc. etc. etc.

So in other words they've never been to the Middle East
>>
>>2668624
Lel, i guess all those verses referencing wife beating and the sanction of wife beating from mosques and islamic countries were just my imagination.
>>
>>2668749
>/threading your own post

Get out of Canada Omar
>>
>>2668875
>there can only be one muslim in a thread

are you retarded?
>>
>>2668848
Says the guy who learned Islamic theology through memes and Quranic verses copy pastas.

Keep memeing but shut up when legitimate stuff is being stated
>>
>>2668889
I'm sorry man, i guess hadiths and quranic verses are bad sources. The only defence that muslims come up with is that they're only allowed to beat their wives "lightly". It seems most islamic countries don't even restrict themselves to that.
Very progressive.
>>
>>2668912
It's not that they're bad sources you dumbass, Quranic revelation is circumstantial - so unless you're aware of Arabian Context, Prophet's & Followers circumstances when every verse was revealed - then you don't know squat shit.

And no, there isn't an Islamic country that fully adheres to Islamic law. Saudi isn't the same as Morocco and Morocco isn't the same as Turkey

Get out
>>
File: 1459400729001.gif (796KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1459400729001.gif
796KB, 320x286px
>>2667437
>It's ok to beat them as long as you just do it a little.

Is it ok for a woman to do the same to a man? Are you seriously suggesting that even a little beating is ok to a spouse who is supposedly your equal?

>Mohammed was great to women

He fucked a child
>>
File: draper2.jpg (11KB, 311x309px) Image search: [Google]
draper2.jpg
11KB, 311x309px
>>2668470
>Implying it's just shia/Sunni

You're either ignorant or practicing taqiyya.

Also I am a different anon. Your religion is such a clusterfuck. If it's a superior belief system why is everywhere Islam touches a hot mess whilst most of christendom is extravagantly well off?
>>
>>2668448
>Implying former societies were better.

In every measurable metric we've gotten better.

>Inb4 suicide

Nobody took note of that before now
>>
>>2668381
As a secular dude who's not too hot on Islam, I kind of wonder this too.

I dislike Islam because I generally like women. I find them exasperating sometimes, but in general I unironically support women's rights (and also a whole bunch of other stuff that Islam isn't compatible with).

I don't know why /pol/ hates Islam so much, seems like the perfect religion for them.
>>
>>2669343

>most of christendom is extravagantly well off
Because they're becoming less and less christian every day
>>
File: 1434997060569.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434997060569.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
>>2669383
Fucking lol

By your logic Muslim countries should have been doing better as they've gotten more islamic but we both know that's not the case.

Also, as Muslims increase as a percentage of western societies, I wonder why that is?
>>
>>2669388
>By your logic
How is that part of my logic if the only option is to get less?

>I wonder why that is?
Because they're all about sex but no children
>>
File: atheist.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>2669390
Sorry fedoralord didn't realise this was a euphoric thread now

I am not religious either by the way, but you don't need to be obnoxious about it.
>>
>>2669410
>fedoralord
Nope, I'm a deist

>but you don't need to be obnoxious about it.
You're already obnoxious so shut the fuck up you whiny faggot
>>
>>2669428
Lol, why are you so mad?

You stated that being less Christian makes a nation richer without presenting any evidence. That's obnoxious as fuck.

>I am a deist

So you're autistic? Seriously though I don't care what religion you are.
>>
>>2669343
>taqiyya meme
>equating current Muslim-populated countries with how Islam tells it's followers to be

Thanks for demonstrating that you don't know shit. Get out
>>
>>2669334
>The Prophet was a pedo

Geez, the memes really got a hold of you dumbasses
>>
>>2668527
>Moslems are iconoclastic

So are Christians

>>2668545
>Islam says lying is good
>implying Shias are Muslims
>>
File: pepe-curious.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-curious.png
7KB, 420x420px
daily reminder that there are people living in muslim countries on this board
>>
File: 1488584392445.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1488584392445.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>2669930
>>
>>2669930
That's not a Pepe you fucking retard
>>
>>2669477
Fucking children makes you a pedophile, sorry that your prophet was a mentally ill pervert.
>>
>>2669930
Inshallah time will show that Islam is the natural progression from Christianity into modern times.
>>
>>2664278
>Make no mistake, in the majority of Muslim countries women are aren't worth shit. They are often subject to genital mutilation at a young age, typically done by close family members. They are forced to wear the burka/rags, don't believe lies telling you its a choice, or its more liberating to women.
While i agree that women in Islamic countries are oppressed, this is bullshit and doesn't apply to the majority of Muslim countries, only a few. In fact in most Muslim countries women are forced to take the headscarf off in the work place and genital mutilation does not occur.

Also the problem with a 10 minute study of Islam is ridiculous bias. On one side you have Muslims calling it a picture of heaven, on the other side people will say it's a living hell of the worse extremes as average.
>>
File: 1442670001099.jpg (50KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1442670001099.jpg
50KB, 540x540px
>>2668388
No. If you're a real man, your girlfriend having freedom and independence won't change a thing, because she's with you because she wants to, not because she couldn't get anyone better at the time.
>>
>>2669334
>I dont have a valid argument so I am going to throw old shit and insults.

Which part of 99 percent of the time its prohibited that you didnt understand, do you even know whats the punishment for a man even cursing his wife? 80 fucking lashes, if he even considers to opress her, under islamic law hes fucked.(but islamic countries now are shitholes so dont compare them with islam)

>he married a 9 year old.

Stick this meme down you arse and we mught have an 'intelectual' coversation.
>>
>>2668381

1) If a thread is about complaining about """whores""" it doesn't automatically mean that you are anti-women's rights. Nice unbiased interpertation you have there :)

2)
You are framing freedom as a source of the downfall of civilization. What you are not mentioning is that in the West we have the happiest people living on earth, despite this "baaaaad" freedom. We have the most peaceful society, and not a very low criminal rates, in contrast to many islamic countries, where people slaughter each other for "muh power" and "muh tribe" and "muh version of islam is better than yours". Furthermore the only recent sources of terror attacks where people die are caused by people of muslim faith.
>inb4 you do not consider these people muslims
Have fun living in your illusion, keep ignoring freedom, and most certainly refrain from seeing truly how the world works.
>>
>>2669943
Pedophilia is an attraction to children you dumbass. There is no record that shows the Prophet had such tendencies. Him marrying Aisha had to do with kinship with Abu Bakr.

Take your shitposting somewhere else where memes are appreciated as knowledge
>>
>>2671146
He fucked an 11 year old.
>>
>>2671290
We don't know whether Aisha was 6, 9, 16 or 18. There are numerous narrations about her age.

What we do know however, is that the people who used to insult the Prophet on a regular basis NEVER insulted him about such union. It was not some abnormal shit, pick a history book you dumbass.

Second, if he did have pedophilia tendencies, he would have been with more than just ONE. How can a pedophile who also happens to be a king get with only one?

Whenever someone brings up this pedo shit, it becomes apparent just how much of an ignorant memeing fuck that they are
>>
>>2671594
You worship a pedophile and there's no two ways about it, Abdul.
>>
File: IMG-20170301-WA0024.jpg (14KB, 481x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170301-WA0024.jpg
14KB, 481x424px
>>2671604
>>
>>2671604
>You worship Muhammad.

Guys just knock it off, acting retarted is not funny any more
>>
>>2664125
>>2664915
>implying if you was nig and saw one of these guys oppressing you, you would be patient enough to differentiate
>>
>>2667497
>>2664444
>>2664593
>>2667143
https://youtu.be/1WBBP0rw0Gc
>>
>>2668381
Tbh you Muslims have the same values as us Christians, but with a different method and policy.
We like what you want, not how you achieve it.
>>
>>2664061
It was progressive for it's time on women's rights. But what is progressive in the 7th century isn't necessarily going to be progressive now.
>>
Muslim here, I will just sum it up as "Fuck feminism"
>>
Just like Christianity, it can be and has been easily twisted into supporting whatever you already believe. E.g. Saudis interpreting "respecting" women as "protecting" them from participating in society at all.
>>
>>2671146
He consummated a marriage with a nine-year old. No psychologically healthy man could even accomplish this. Even if we disregard the hadith detailing the relationship, this one fact remains - he fucked a child. You're holding up a pedophile as a moral exemplar. Also, people who "insulted the prophet" tended to be killed, Asma and Ka'b for example. Not exactly a lot of trustworthy sources remaining from that period.

As for "just the one", he did have slaves. Or he could have just been a virtuous, monogamous pedophile. Have a little faith.
>>
>>2675281
Even if she was 9 years old (with many narrations stating otherwise) - a female bride being wed-off while young is very common throughout history you dumbass. Especially if it's to tie up kinship with one family with another - which this was.

Read a history book once a while you dumbass.

The people "who insulted" the Prophet were reciting poetry in Mecca enticing the Meccans to attack the Muslims in Medina.

How about you just shut up about shit you don't know about. You're literally the same anons that learn Islam through memes and wikipedia. Get out kid
>>
File: taqiyya.jpg (111KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
taqiyya.jpg
111KB, 480x480px
>>2664061
Dont fall for the obvious taqiyya.
>Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"
>Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."
>Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"
>Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."
If you have any doubts on women rights in the real world, you should check for yourself how well females are off in the muslim world. It is not hard to find maps on property rights, government participation, legal rights etc.
>>
>>2675319

1. *Betrothals* at a young age were common, actually consummating the marriage (fucking children) was not, since non-pedophiles understand this to be sick (and pointless since there is no chance of offspring - the actual reason for the marriage, you know).

2. Ooh, poetry! Better stab her in her sleep. Also, it's funny how there were always reports that this poet or that or this tribe or that were "totally planning to attack the Muslims I swear" right before the blessed prophet killed them, took all their shit and enslaved their women. Sometimes life just works out.

It's understandable that you're so upset, considering how your precious Alrān Hub'ard doesn't seem to impress anyone outside of the faith.
>>
>>2675281
Muslim here again.

Leaving aside the pedo accusation, (which itself has had varying accounts some of which say Aisha was 19) the two people you mentioned who were killed called for sedition against the state, i.e. Muhammad and co. That's why they were killed. Many people insulted him and he ignored them.
>>
>>2675839
As morality is inherently self referential in islam (i.e. it's in the book so it's correct, he said it so it's fine) you simply can't really convince non muslims that islam is fully moral, you'd have to appeal to their sense of morality which is completely backwards for muslims, who see the revelations as the source of morality rather than whatever source the non muslims have.
If faith is removed from the equation, how could a non-muslim find all of this moral? And thus how can you ever hope that they might agree with you? Ever considered that?
>>
>>2675460
>actually consummating the marriage (fucking children) was not

It was, at least in the West until the second half of the 19th century
>>
>>2675458
Taqiyya is a Shia thing
>>
>>2675281
>No psychologically healthy man could even accomplish this

Do you think that Plato, Aristotle, St. Augustine, Lewis Carroll and John Ruskin were "psychologically unhealthy"?
>>
>>2675460
1. How about you drop all the silly one-liners you've heard from fedoras and read up on legitimate scholarly opinions? Aside from the fact that Aisha's age during consummation varies with multiple narrations, the fact that Muhammad's enemies never called him out on his union with Aisha is an explicit implication that it wasn't abnormal. As a matter of fact, there is NO NARRATION whether it's from Muhammad's followers or his most vehement enemies questioning such a union.

2. This is why you should never engage in a historical argument when you clearly don't know shit. Poetry was USED by Arabs to literally propagate murder. There are NUMEROUS narrations that certain poets would stand between two former rivaling tribes and recite poetry that would make both sides grab their weapons and start fighting.

It might not go through your thick-brain, but the world 14 centuries ago was VASTLY different then how things work now. If you can't even understand that, then gtfo /his/

and srsly who the fuck is Alrān Hub'ard? You making shit up now?
>>
File: 1488051701964.png (40KB, 142x165px) Image search: [Google]
1488051701964.png
40KB, 142x165px
>m-m-mohamed wasn't a pedophile please refer to these hagiographic texts for proof Ree
lel every time
>>
>>2676306
/pol/ is another board bud
>>
>>2664184
ISIS is basing most of their faggotry on the Hadith, which are most definitely NOT a part of the Qur'an. Ironically, the Quran is very explicit about not associating things that aren't the Quran or God with the Quran or God, but most any Muslim you come across is aware of the Hadith and consider then "holy".
>>
>>2675964
>self referential
Not quite. Islam does actually say 'Wisdom is the lost property of the believer' meaning we are outward looking.
>>
>>2664278
The men in countries where hijab is common are some the leeriest, rapiest motherfuckers on the planet. Context is always key, but a lot of Muslim woman honestly feel protected and free in their hijab because it gives them a break from an overt male gaze.
>>
>>2664184
>The Quran on the other hand is kept in Arabic and not to be translated
Even though it is translated into pretty much every language and mosques all over the world stock non Arabic qurans
>>
>>2664278
>hey are often subject to genital mutilation
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>2665331
>Memri tv
You're a smart guy.
also
>laid out in the Qur'an
The Quran doesn't outline a bunch of other shit Muslims do and yet they still came about to do it because of Hadith
>>
>>2676478
Maybe he means that a translation of the Quran isn't considered an actual Quran. Technically, if it isn't in arabic, it's not a quran.
>>
>>2675319
>with many narrations stating otherwise)

You mean later ones?
There's a reason why alot shit was excluded from the Bible, younger texts which lacked legitimacy.
Kys dumbshit.
>>
>>2676388
>you aren't allowed to criticize a religion that is associated with brown people

/co/mblr is the place for you.
>>
>>2676292
>Muhammad's enemies never called him out on his union with Aisha is an explicit implication that it wasn't abnormal. As a matter of fact, there is NO NARRATION whether it's from Muhammad's followers or his most vehement enemies questioning such a union.

What is an accepted practice in the Middle East during Mohammed's life for 500 Alex?
It still does not justify the practice.
Sacrifices was common among my culture and today we try to downplay it, just like you fucks, difference is that we stopped, you didn't.
>>
>>2664061
That muslim can have 4 wives and that mahomet was allowed to have an unlimited number of them

>>2664076
women are low-iq creatures m8

You can't blame them
>>
>>2676595
>we stopped, you didn't.

They did, pedophilia is illegal in all Muslim-majority countries except for Saudi Arabia
>>
File: Yemen-brides.jpg (123KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Yemen-brides.jpg
123KB, 700x525px
>>2676658
HAHAHA
>>
>>2676658
>except for Saudi Arabia

Which is strange, since in the Hanbali school, the official school of Islamic jurisprudence in Saudi Arabia, the age of consent is 15.
>>
If Islam is feminist then so is the Bible, and yet that kind of cognitive dissonance would be too much to handle for a liberal because they hate Christianity.
>>
>>2664593
>any abrahamic religion
Isnt christianity considered a white religion supressing muh moslims and muh gays?
>redpillers are agnostics/atheists
Many bluepillers are also atheist..
>>
>>2676464
Does not take away the problem though, as inherently islam does not believe in any other moral systems than its own from which you can deduce that logic does not suffice and that revelation is necessary to have the true morality. A non muslim doesn't buy the revelations, so you get stuck.
>>
>>2676005
Betrothals most certainly were not consummated until puberty.
>>
>>2670598
Stop deflecting.

You didn't answer my question. Is it ok to beat your spouse?
>>
>>2669472
>A well established element of the Islamic faith is just a meme
>>
>>2676292 >>2676052

1. The age varies all the way up to 12 in all but recent Western apologia. Nine was accepted and wasn't a problem until it became embarrassing. It was not embarrassing before because it was Mo doing it and therefore fine. What's a little childraping if it's God's Messenger? In any case, no contemporary criticism survives that Muslims didn't want to survive.

>Plato, Aristotle, St. Augustine, Lewis Carroll and John Ruskin

If they fucked kids, yes. Someone seems to be reaching a bit though.

2. This being a convenient excuse for assuaging Mohammed's ego, good thing they stabbed her. I'm sure Western poets and cartoonists appreciate the precedent - 14 centuries or no, Mohammed's most excellent example remains unchanged, so any poet-murdering pedophile can feel safe knowing God most certainly approves.

As for Alrān Hub'ard, I'll leave that to someone not born from a cousin marriage.
>>
>>2668971
Yes they clearly are places where women are treated equally and not as second class citizens or property. You can argue about context all you want but it is clear they reach similar conclusions in regards to their interpretation of the source material.
>>
File: steve jobs dad.jpg (53KB, 468x510px) Image search: [Google]
steve jobs dad.jpg
53KB, 468x510px
>>2664145
Pic related is Steve Jobs' bio dad
>>
>>2664409
What do you mean by Whig historiography?
>>
File: 1401885177514.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1401885177514.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
>>2668444
>uncorrupted
>ideologically cannot disavow outright heathen practices such as the entirety of Indonesia

You're technically right, which is the best kind of right.
>>
>>2664414
Well sort of. According to one of the Hadiths Muhammad said "There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white -- except by piety."
>>
>>2675281
>>2675319
>>2675460
>>2675839
Didn't Aisha herself write that she was in her late teens when they consummated?
>>
>>2664434
Now I gotta go listen to that song
>>
>>2678485
The Hadiths are also direct sources for the more horrendous practices of the Islamic State and their competitors.

Its validity as holy word should be questioned.
>>
>>2678486
>Aisha
>literate

She was "learned" but no, she neither said nor wrote anything of the sort. Again, her age at consummation was not a point of debate until very recently.
>>
>>2678486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LE3QARjIZg
>>
Islam simply stands on the stance that anyone who reaches puberty and is biologically ready for sexual intercourse is allowed to marry.

There isn't a set in stone age - it depends entirely on the physical capabilities of the person.

>all these guys in the thread who are acting as if they weren't ready to bury their genitals inside a female when they hit puberty at 13 or 12 or whatever
>>
>>2678640
>literally admitting your paedophillic/hebephillic tendencies on the internet and thinking everyone else is the same

Yeah you're a sandnigger alright.
>>
>>2678657
What? I was referring to us males at the age of 12-13. You're saying when you hit puberty you didn't want to have sex? Stop lying
>>
>>2678657
Leave him alone. Hebephilia is different from pedophilia.
>>
File: BkJcjQ_CQAIBLAx.jpg (29KB, 598x399px) Image search: [Google]
BkJcjQ_CQAIBLAx.jpg
29KB, 598x399px
>>2678657
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.